Longhorns 2017 Thread

JustAFan11

Texas lands a commitment from #1 JUCO LB Gary Johnson!

A huge pledge in a need position. I'm a little concerned that he won't be on campus until May.

Texas jumps from #30 to 25 in the 247 rankings. If Texas ends up in the teens when it's all said and done, no one should have any complaints about Herman and his staff's ability to recruit.

I don't think NSD is going to be too dramatic for Texas. Guidry announces tomorrow and that leaves Zabie, Pouncey and Chaisson to announce on Wednesday. I'm hoping they get all four and maybe Murchison. That should put Texas somewhere between 23 and 16 on 247's rankings.

I don't think NSD is going to be too dramatic for Texas. Guidry announces tomorrow and that leaves Zabie, Pouncey and Chaisson to announce on Wednesday. I'm hoping they get all four and maybe Murchison. That should put Texas somewhere between 23 and 16 on 247's rankings.

Getting Chaisson and hold onto Graham is all I want. Pouncey and Zabie would be OK. I won't lose any sleep over not getting Guidry and a couple others, save those spots for 2018.

Getting Chaisson and hold onto Graham is all I want. Pouncey and Zabie would be OK. I won't lose any sleep over not getting Guidry and a couple others, save those spots for 2018.

This reply is to Bambino also. Texas needs field side corners who can run with Big 12 receivers. Texas doesn't have any CB's that fit that bill other than maybe Boyd and possibly Atwuan Davis. Guidry may be a little bit small but he was the 100M 5A champion in 2015.

This reply is to Bambino also. Texas needs field side corners who can run with Big 12 receivers. Texas doesn't have any CB's that fit that bill other than maybe Boyd and possibly Atwuan Davis. Guidry may be a little bit small but he was the 100M 5A champion in 2015.

I hear what your saying but Id rather save the scholarship for 2018. The DB in 18 is arguably better than the Wr class this year.

Now I would love to get Zabie and stash him away for a couple seasons. Pouncey would be a solid pickup but missing on the rest of the in-state wr is going to hurt.

Herman needs Chassion because he's a great talent but also he needs him for perception.

But that begs the question, why was he committed to Houston until the day Herman left to take the job at UT?

I get what you're saying in both your comments. My thought is this, he probably felt he would never play at Texas, and doesn't want to just ride the pine.

Texas has all their commits signed!

Chassion announces at 10:35

Pouncey announces at 12:15

Chaisson is gone. Bummer because it was looking like he was Texas bound. But that's what happens with back-to-back 5-7 seasons and losing to freaking Kansas. Couple of "meh" takes in this class.

Chaisson is gone. Bummer because it was looking like he was Texas bound. But that's what happens with back-to-back 5-7 seasons and losing to freaking Kansas. Couple of "meh" takes in this class.

Lots of talk about SEC bag men on the interwebs, lol, but it has everything to do with back to back 5-7 seasons.