15-4A District Basketball Results (BOYS/GIRLS): Chapel Hill, Bullard, Gilmer, Gladewater, Kilgore, Spring Hill

HHS90

My predictions for district:

Girls:

1. Gilmer (19-3)

2. Bullard (20-4)

3. Chapel Hill (13-4)

4. Kilgore

5. SH

6. Gladewater

The top 3 return a lot. Honestly, Gilmer, Bullard and CH each could take the title, but I think Gilmer has a little more than the other two, and has played a more difficult schedule. Gilmer visits Bullard this Friday in a huge district opener! There is a big drop off after that 3rd team, but I think Kilgore will grab the 4th playoff spot.

Boys:

1. Spring Hill

2. Chapel Hill

3. Kilgore

4. Gilmer

5. Bullard

6. Gladewater

Not real sure about the boys side. SH has been playing pretty good, and can really shoot from outside. Their lack of an inside game might hinder them in this competitive district. All athletic teams, could be a toss up at this point really imo.

Gilmer 1-0 beat Bullard 0-1

Chapel Hill 1-0 beat Gladewater 0-1

Kilgore 1-0 beat Spring Hill 0-1

guess U do know something about gbb falls right in with your prediction.

But I guess we have to play another game or two before we jump to post district.

What has happened to SH girls basketball? They used to have some good teams.

I think the Jr High program the last several years was missing the coaching needed going into high school. Girls just have had no motivation to try and get better. New coaches at both Jr High and high school this year, but it will take awhile to get back at past levels. Probably won't make the playoffs this year, actually may not make the playoffs for a while. Have some athletes, but are way behind compared to other schools. They play hard and will only improve, but pretty lean times right now that's for sure.

Glad to see Buckeyes beating the Bears. I don't care if it is ping pong or checkers it is always good to beat Gladewater. Go Bucks!

The girls game was over before it started. Even ran the clock during the 4th.

The boys game was great! Buckeyes blew a 19 pt halftime lead, Gladewater led by one going into the 4th. The score went back and forth, but Buckeyes pulled it out late and won 71-67.

I think the Jr High program the last several years was missing the coaching needed going into high school. Girls just have had no motivation to try and get better. New coaches at both Jr High and high school this year, but it will take awhile to get back at past levels. Probably won't make the playoffs this year, actually may not make the playoffs for a while. Have some athletes, but are way behind compared to other schools. They play hard and will only improve, but pretty lean times right now that's for sure.

so let me get this straight. you blame the current girls situation on past jh girls coaches? not the fact that most of the athletic girls are going to play soccer in high school

so let me get this straight. you blame the current girls situation on past jh girls coaches? not the fact that most of the athletic girls are going to play soccer in high school

Pretty much yeah. Even though some do, but most of our athletic girls do not play soccer. They have have never played basketball, just soccer. The current girls varsity has 2 Seniors (1 playing her first year)Follow that with 1 Jr, 3 Soph, and 3 Freshmen. The JV is winless on the season. The fact is, these girls were "coached" by great ladies, but they were not basketball coaches. These girls can barely dribble the ball, let alone score. Most of the girls have quit, because they just can't play, which is fine, the game isn't for everyone. So, yes, the Coahes failed to teach the basic skills at the Jr High level, and so we are having to deal with it at the HS level. The current girls coaches are great, and doing a fantastic job with teaching, but we are really behind in the basic skills area. They work hard and will play to the end, but it will be awhile before we can really compete with most teams.

Pretty much yeah. Even though some do, but most of our athletic girls do not play soccer. They have have never played basketball, just soccer. The current girls varsity has 2 Seniors (1 playing her first year)Follow that with 1 Jr, 3 Soph, and 3 Freshmen. The JV is winless on the season. The fact is, these girls were "coached" by great ladies, but they were not basketball coaches. These girls can barely dribble the ball, let alone score. Most of the girls have quit, because they just can't play, which is fine, the game isn't for everyone. So, yes, the Coahes failed to teach the basic skills at the Jr High level, and so we are having to deal with it at the HS level. The current girls coaches are great, and doing a fantastic job with teaching, but we are really behind in the basic skills area. They work hard and will play to the end, but it will be awhile before we can really compete with most teams.

I disagree, the problem started when the program let Coach Pope get away.

• Like 1

Coach Duncan always had a good girls program at Spring Hill. SH in my opinion would be a very tough place to coach. I have been really impressed the last few years with the boys coach at SH, but just give it some time he will upset the wrong parent and be gone.