15-4A District Basketball Results (BOYS/GIRLS): Chapel Hill, Bullard, Gilmer, Gladewater, Kilgore, Spring Hill

HHS90

I disagree, the problem started when the program let Coach Pope get away.

I hear ya, and I like Coach Pope. However, folks didn't like the way he coached their little angels. Too much screaming and yelling. Whatever. The program would still be in the same shape even if Pope was still here. These younger girls have not been taught how to play, let alone win. I do feel we have really good coaches in place to turn things around, but it will be a long time before we are competitive again.

Friday's Games (1/20/17)

Boys
Kilgore (2-0) @ Gilmer (2-0)
Chapel Hill (0-2) @ Spring Hill (2-0)
Gladewater (0-2) @ Bullard (0-2)

Girls
Kilgore (2-2) @ Gilmer (4-0)
Gladewater (0-4) @ Bullard (3-1)
Chapel Hill (2-2) @ Spring Hill (1-3)

Coach Pope did not participate in the summer leagues. Although he was a good coach, player development is very crucial. These girls coming up now were downstream when he was there. Spring Hill is still suffering from a few years ago having those budget cuts. That's when coach Duncan was let go and also Coach Taylor on the boys side which now these two are running the program at Sabine. Spring Hill needs these coaches they have now to stay for a while and the programs will come back. These kids of late just saw too much turnover.

Coach Pope did not participate in the summer leagues. Although he was a good coach, player development is very crucial. These girls coming up now were downstream when he was there. Spring Hill is still suffering from a few years ago having those budget cuts. That's when coach Duncan was let go and also Coach Taylor on the boys side which now these two are running the program at Sabine. Spring Hill needs these coaches they have now to stay for a while and the programs will come back. These kids of late just saw too much turnover.

I agree with your points, but how do you get good coaches to stay at Spring Hill?

• Like 1

Going to be a fantastic game Tuesday! Bullard visits Gilmer. Gilmer wins, they are district Champions.

First half standings

1. Gilmer (5-0)

2. Bullard (4-1)

3. Chapel Hill (3-2)

4. Kilgore (2-3)

5. Spring Hill (1-4)

6. Gladewater (0-5)

Gilmer (6-0) beats Bullard (4-2)

SH (2-4) beats Kilgore (2-4)

CH (4-2) beat Gladewater (0-6)

How does this look for the Girls

1. Gilmer 7-0

2. Bullard 5-2

3. Chill 4-3

4. Kilgore 2-4

5. Shill 2-5

6. GW 0-6

Girls athletics @ Gilmer are improving...shout out to the coaching staff, trainers, & athletes...great job...Power Lifting is another dominatiion