👽 THE COLMES FILES 👽

GreezyChef

20 hours ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

Only the nerds will know what this is!

FB_IMG_1711768206000.jpg

It also can't be played on many extraterrestrial recording devices.  I don't remember if they included the record player, but I doubt it because of the weight of the player especially if it was an old hand cranked record player.  

3 hours ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

How do you know??? 😂

I've seen too many Sci-Fi flicks...  They would have to have something better than an E.P. player or 8 track cassette deck in the console of their UFO.  I would think that it would be better than even our MP3 players if they were able to even come across what they would probably consider space trash.  Meh, it's just some junk those humans on that planet earth, probably threw out on their way to find our intelligent life.    

• LOL! 1

In a realm obscured by the mists of time, a remarkable find emerged, cloaked in intrigue. From the ruins of Amenemhet III's toppled pyramid, a basalt pyramidion was uncovered, remarkably well-preserved.

Beneath a radiant sun-disk with majestic wings, ancient hieroglyphs offered the king a gateway to the realm of the sun-god. These pyramidia, or capstones, are rare remnants from ancient times. Most that remain today are made of sleek black granite, etched with the pyramid owner's name.

In 1900, Gaston Maspero, Director of the Department of Antiquities, responded to an attack on guards at the Saqqara necropolis by initiating an inspection of Dashur. On the eastern side of Amenemhet's pyramid, a gray block jutted out from the sand. Upon closer examination, it revealed exquisite inscriptions. The pyramidion of Amenemhet III was carefully excavated and transported to the Egyptian Museum in Cairo.

Dating back to the Middle Kingdom, 12th Dynasty, during the reign of Amenemhet III (approximately 1860-1814 BC), this ancient relic hails from Dahshur. It now resides in the Egyptian Museum.

FB_IMG_1711988437636.jpg

Happy Birthday, Ura Hogg, born on this day in 1888. Lesser known sister to “The First Lady of Texas” Ima Hogg, Ura eschewed the spotlight, and sought to build more roads in Houston. Ura’s vision for a loop road surrounding Houston was not realized in her lifetime. She died in 1948, sitting in traffic on the newly opened Gulf Freeway.

FB_IMG_1712263028348.jpg

Happy Birthday Bob McDill
Born: April 4, 1944, in Walden, Texas 

Bob McDill’s music education began with viola lessons in the 4th grade. He learned to play guitar and went on to play in local bands throughout high school. He attended Lamar University from 1962-1966 and then enlisted in the United States Naval Reserve.  McDill landed his first chart record as a songwriter in 1967 with Perry Como's "The Happy Man."  Sam the Sham and the Pharaohs provided McDill with his second success when they recorded "Black Sheep."

After his time in the Navy, McDill moved to Memphis to pursue a career as a songwriter. Although he initially tried to write rock and pop songs, McDill shifted his focus to country after hearing George Jones' "Good Year for the Roses."  For the next thirty years, McDill wrote one song a week, with artists such as Jerry Lee Lewis, Anne Murray, Don Williams, Waylon Jennings, and Mickey Gilley recording his songs. Bobby Bare recorded an entire album of Bob McDill songs in 1977; the album was titled “Me and McDill."

In the early 1980s, Grammy-winning pop singer Juice Newton released four McDill songs: "I'm Dancing As Fast As I Can," "Shot Full of Love," "Runaway Hearts," and "Falling in Love," -the songs appeared on Gold and Platinum certified albums.  Two of Mel McDaniel's biggest hits, “Louisiana Saturday Night” and “Baby's Got Her Blue Jeans On,” were McDill compositions.  McDill continued to write songs into the 1990s, including "Gone Country" by Alan Jackson; "All the Good Ones Are Gone" by Pam Tillis (which received a Grammy Award nomination in 1998), and "Why Didn't I Think of That" by Doug Stone. McDill retired from songwriting in 2000.

Bob McDill was presented with the ASCAP Golden Note Award at the 50th anniversary celebration of the Country Music Awards in Nashville on October 29th, 2012.

He is a member of the Museum of the Gulf Coast, Music Hall of Fame.

FB_IMG_1712263324112.jpg