District 14-4A Basketball

Parisian

So it's down to 2...Paris vs. Brownsboro Tuesday, 7, at North Mesquite & PG vs. Center, Tuesday, 6, at Spring Hill

Hoping that PG can pull off an upset and make it to the regional tournament.

As for Paris, what more can you say about Jalon Pipkins and Josh Robinson? Pipkins scored 37 and Robinson 51 in area round win over Chapel Hill, and they sat out the last 6 minutes.

I know there are people wondering why Paris and Brownsboro are going to Mesquite to play. There isn't any convenient halfway gym in East Texas that can handle a Paris playoff crowd, and I think Brownsboro gets a good-sized following, too. Commerce sure can't and it's hosting regionals.

I know there are people wondering why Paris and Brownsboro are going to Mesquite to play. There isn't any convenient halfway gym in East Texas that can handle a Paris playoff crowd, and I think Brownsboro gets a good-sized following, too. Commerce sure can't and it's hosting regionals.

Brownsboro/Paris game will have a large crowd...not sure N Mesquite HS will hold the crowd either from what I remember about their gym...

Pg gonna have to play lights out against Center to win...

I could be wrong, but I don't see any one person scoring that many points against Center.

I agree. Most teams Center has played scored under 50. I don't see one player alone scoring that much on this defense. Center defense is too good.

Lol you haven't seen the two from Paris lol smh just wait...

I guess the same could be said about our defense lol smh Besides, I'm sure both teams are not even on each others mind, both have two big games first if they were to match up. Hope it happens, but who knows.

Paris will be better than PG looks like PG hung tough tho

PG was very impressive. Hit those 3's left and right like nobody's business in the first and part of the second qtr, but the Riders D wore PG down where you can tell fatigue was settling in and they started to miss more and more as the game went on. Not sure how many kids they've got coming back, but of what I seen tonight, PG has a lot of potential of being one of the top teams. Congrats on great season.

• Like 1

Brownsboro got off to a great start and was up 27-15 before Paris closed out the first half on a 14-0 run to take the lead. The third quarter was back-and-forth before Robinson (29 points) and Pipkins (25) took control.

So now we're down to Center vs. Argyle & Paris vs. Lincoln. It's the strongest regional lineup in the state. The survivor will have earned their trip to San Antonio. Word to the wise: If you're going to Commerce . . . get there extra early or you may be left out.

Has anyone actually gotten turned away either of the last two years?

They were turned away two years ago (when Commerce didn't use the end-zone bleachers). Last year they allowed SRO, but seats were gone maybe 30 minutes prior to the first game and that included the end zone.

Some good news is that they're doing pre-game sales this time. You can buy them online at the A&M-Commerce athletic ticket page

http://wearelionstix.universitytickets.com/user_pages/event_listings.asp

But since they're general admission, that doesn't ensure a seat. You better get there early, and I would almost guaranty it will be a mess with lots of unhappy campers. The venue is just not big enough for 4 teams on the same night.