What's the word at Hawkins?

ericflair

I had a chance to watch Hawkins play this year, and was impressed with the level of talent they had on their team. They seemed to be poorly coached, and had a terrible record (only won 2 games in the last two years).

However, if someone capable of whipping that program into shape were to go in their and get the job, I think the Hawks would a very competitive after a couple of years.

Anyone know anything about the state of the program, or coach search?

I had a chance to watch Hawkins play this year, and was impressed with the level of talent they had on their team. They seemed to be poorly coached, and had a terrible record (only won 2 games in the last two years).

However, if someone capable of whipping that program into shape were to go in their and get the job, I think the Hawks would a very competitive after a couple of years.

Anyone know anything about the state of the program, or coach search?

Just curius...how can you watch a team plays and then says they are poorly coached and then ask if anyone know the state of the program?

Just curius...how can you watch a team plays and then says they are poorly coached and then ask if anyone know the state of the program?

+1

if they have good athletes and they are poorly coached, why do they need a couple of years for the turnaround.

If they have they athletes, aren't they just missing the "capable" coach that you mentioned?

Well, "program" encompasses more than a few coaches. Plus, I only had a chance to watch a few games, so I recognize my assessment of the coaches could be off, which is why I'm asking for others opinions.

Also, a quick edit of your post:

"Just curious, how can you watch a team play, and ask if they are poorly coached or if anyone knows the state of the program?"

Well, "program" encompasses more than a few coaches. Plus, I only had a chance to watch a few games, so I recognize my assessment of the coaches could be off, which is why I'm asking for others opinions.

Also, a quick edit of your post:

"Just curious, how can you watch a team play, and ask if they are poorly coached or if anyone knows the state of the program?"

Master evaluator of coaches and english tutor. Impressive resume.

Master evaluator of coaches and english tutor. Impressive resume.

Cut the guy some slack. He is obviously a young coach/English teacher who has submitted his resume for the job and he is fishing for information. There are a bunch of those guys on here. He has clicked on MaxPreps and watched a few highlights and decided it was the coaching that kept the Hawks from winning 10 games and making a deep playoff run. Those on the inside need to give this guy some inside information so he knows if he needs to tuck tail and run or send a follow up email showing his STRONG interest in this job.

Man the legend of Kerry Strong is growing faster than a DFW suburb. I gotta get out east and meet this fella.

Wondering if the big wigs from Hawkins made that jaunt down 80 last night to watch Kerry Strong and the boys hand out a 30-piece to the mighty Hawks. Things could get interesting there.

I feel sorry for this kerry strong guy him and Mike Thomas seem to be a running a joke that I just dont get someone please pm me and give the inside scoop as to why they are picked on so much on here.

Kerry Strong is not one to be picked on. If Chuck Norris were to coach basketball, he would fear the beard of Strong.

Cut the guy some slack. He is obviously a young coach/English teacher who has submitted his resume for the job and he is fishing for information. There are a bunch of those guys on here. He has clicked on MaxPreps and watched a few highlights and decided it was the coaching that kept the Hawks from winning 10 games and making a deep playoff run. Those on the inside need to give this guy some inside information so he knows if he needs to tuck tail and run or send a follow up email showing his STRONG interest in this job.

Sounds like you have experience! Is this how you got your job?

• 2 weeks later...