Hallsville hires Mineola's Joe Drennon as AD/Head Football Coach...

Smoaky

Well your adopted community thinks otherwise we'll the ones that are clueless . Great coach

Yeah, I work for the district (and should probably keep my mouth shut about it ;)) but I can say that the admin, the board, and the overwhelming majority of alumni/boosters love King.

• Like 1

I'm pretty confident..

If it's a red Carthage Dawg, then hopefully everybody will be happy for whoever it is. Surratt has proven the ability to hire great coaches, and he can coach up the coaches. He will just have to do it again. Most coaches get into it to someday get a HC gig. You can't be mad at a guy trying to move up. I would be surprised if we don't lose a coach this year with all the openings. If I was a school board I would definitely be looking to interview somebody off the Carthage staff. We have some great coaches who would do a great job.

I can only wish my friend

FREAKEN tease

When one says "a red bulldog" out of "Panola County" yes they are being cryptic; but logically thinking the possibilities are numerous. Of course Surratt is out, but think about the past ten years and the coaches that have coached on his staff... (Following list are coaches that have been a coordinator or head coach; either before, after, or while at Carthage.) Not only is he a Great coach with outstanding kids to coach, but he hires excellent coaches at every position. The coaches on the list that are still in Carthage are Great; and the ones that have moved on are Great also and truly missed.

Garrett Morgan

Chris Smith

Eric Robinson

Andre Granger

Mike Morgan

Darrin Preston

Kevin Davis

Charlie Tucker

When one says "a red bulldog" out of "Panola County" yes they are being cryptic; but logically thinking the possibilities are numerous. Of course Surratt is out, but think about the past ten years and the coaches that have coached on his staff... (Following list are coaches that have been a coordinator or head coach; either before, after, or while at Carthage.) Not only is he a Great coach with outstanding kids to coach, but he hires excellent coaches at every position. The coaches on the list that are still in Carthage are Great; and the ones that have moved on are Great also and truly missed.

Garrett Morgan

Chris Smith

Eric Robinson

Andre Granger

Mike Morgan

Darrin Preston

Kevin Davis

Charlie Tucker

Just curious, what does this have to do with the opening at Hallsville? Do you think Hallsville is looking at all of this list?

Just curious, what does this have to do with the opening at Hallsville? Do you think Hallsville is looking at all of this list?

Absolutely not! By no means at all, am I saying that they are looking at the coaches on that list!

I am not even saying they are looking at one coach on that list. I have absolutely no inside information coming out of Hallsville, nor do I have inside information into any of these coaches lives whether or not any of them are interested and have applied.

My original post was more if the coach was coming out of Carthage, which I believe is way too early in the process to know, Coach Surratt currently has some great coaches on his staff. He also has some great coaches that have coached for him over the past ten years. Just another credit to him.

Absolutely not! By no means at all, am I saying that they are looking at the coaches on that list!

I am not even saying they are looking at one coach on that list. I have absolutely no inside information coming out of Hallsville, nor do I have inside information into any of these coaches lives whether or not any of them are interested and have applied.

My original post was more if the coach was coming out of Carthage, which I believe is way too early in the process to know, Coach Surratt currently has some great coaches on his staff. He also has some great coaches that have coached for him over the past ten years. Just another credit to him.

Gotcha.......But I think it's just one.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...