Hallsville hires Mineola's Joe Drennon as AD/Head Football Coach...

Smoaky

See the demographics and it might shed some light on your dilemma.

I wasn't aware that demographics won and lost you football games.

And IF that were true..... then one would consider the more diverse demographic than what HHS has because it hasn't helped them historically speaking. Unless you are talking volleyball, golf, baseball, and softball.

I'm white.... and even that statement seems tinged with a tad of racism.

Which is ironic. Although the demographics of HHS are one thing.... the demographics of the Bobcat football team are oddly similar to Texas High and Marshall. Hmmmm.

I'd be interested to see the $ HISD is flashing for this job. I'm sure it's impressive.

I am sure that the field just shifted some with Marshall opening up. As a coach (football exclusive) do you want a better chance of winning with the athletes that Marshall and TH has generally year-in and year-out versus the occasional group that Hallsville has? Or do you take the "alleged money" and facilities that Hallsville has to offer?

There is no question which is the better job from a football standpoint.

Not alleged. Hallsville has the best overall facilities top to bottom in the district IMHO.

Pine Tree has the best stadium though.

Not having to worry about facilities upgrades is a huge weight off of an AD.

Not alleged. Hallsville has the best overall facilities top to bottom in the district IMHO.

Pine Tree has the best stadium though.

Not having to worry about facilities upgrades is a huge weight off of an AD.

But, not winning football games is a huge weight on his shoulders. Whoever gets the job should look at how HP and Argyle get it done on the gridiron IMO.

It has nothing to do with money. It's fundamentals and discipline that both schools teach on the field. That's all coaching.

lol no its money

look at all of the very successful hs with a white majority. all are incredibly wealthy as well. prosper, hp, argyle, the woodlands, lake travis, westlake, southlake carroll

what do they all have in common besides being white? lots and lots of money

lol no its money

look at all of the very successful hs with a white majority. all are incredibly wealthy as well. prosper, hp, argyle, the woodlands, lake travis, westlake, southlake carroll

what do they all have in common besides being white? lots and lots of money

Arglye is not a wealthy community nor is Celina. It's coaching.

So 110 is wealthy? It's the programs that have been built that keep producing these teams.

Bellarire is richer than six foot a bulls you know what where is their football team?

i never said wealth = wins

i just said thats what is the difference between places like hallsville and hp/argyle.

now if you had said abilene wylie, lubbock cooper, lubbock frenship. those are school that have decent to great success with similar demographics and socioeconomics

EDIT: also, 110k is the income in the middle. for comparison:

- The Woodlands is also 110k

- Lake Travis is 125k

- HP is 150k

But, not winning football games is a huge weight on his shoulders. Whoever gets the job should look at how HP and Argyle get it done on the gridiron IMO.

Why look to these two schools on how they get it done, when Surratt is in their backyard. Do you think he has the #1 running back in the state by luck? Listen to the kids interview after the state championship game, he grew up wanting to be a running back like Dwight, dreaming of that day. It's like "Bama" menatality on a smaller scale. Yes, I said it. Roll your eyes if you want, but all the little boys are in the backyard pretending they are Kason Davis throwing the winning TD pass, or Dee Bowens coming down with the "OBJ" catch, or Keaontay breaking for a big run. Race doesn't matter, just being a Carthage Bulldog is all that matters. Surratt has really great coaches! Not just in football but in every sport boys & girls and they support one another! Come to the different games and that is evident, you will see a variety of different coaches sitting in the stands cheering for the kids! Maybe that is why he is a winner! He knows how to motivate both his coaches and his kids! Carthage has nice facilities, nicer than others, no! Is Carthage wealthy? Depends on who you ask! Look up the average income for Panola County and decide for yourself! I think a bunch of people will be shocked.

Why look to these two schools on how they get it done, when Surratt is in their backyard. Do you think he has the #1 running back in the state by luck? Listen to the kids interview after the state championship game, he grew up wanting to be a running back like Dwight, dreaming of that day. It's like "Bama" menatality on a smaller scale. Yes, I said it. Roll your eyes if you want, but all the little boys are in the backyard pretending they are Kason Davis throwing the winning TD pass, or Dee Bowens coming down with the "OBJ" catch, or Keaontay breaking for a big run. Race doesn't matter, just being a Carthage Bulldog is all that matters. Surratt has really great coaches! Not just in football but in every sport boys & girls and they support one another! Come to the different games and that is evident, you will see a variety of different coaches sitting in the stands cheering for the kids! Maybe that is why he is a winner! He knows how to motivate both his coaches and his kids! Carthage has nice facilities, nicer than others, no! Is Carthage wealthy? Depends on who you ask! Look up the average income for Panola County and decide for yourself! I think a bunch of people will be shocked.

:rofl: Dude, what I'm saying went so far over your head that I'm not taking the time to explain LOL!!!!

Carhage does have a great football program but when you start comparing athletic programs Argyle is miles and miles ahead. The reason I bring this up is this guy will also be the AD.

i never said wealth = wins

i just said thats what is the difference between places like hallsville and hp/argyle.

now if you had said abilene wylie, lubbock cooper, lubbock frenship. those are school that have decent to great success with similar demographics and socioeconomics

EDIT: also, 110k is the income in the middle. for comparison:

- The Woodlands is also 110k

- Lake Travis is 125k

- HP is 150k

Okay.........What I'm getting at is both have a lot in common when it comes to the white athlete. Take Argyle- They make it work in ALL sports (Lone star cup many times) and we all know there's times they don't matchup on the gridiron speed wise with a lot of teams.

So why is Argyle always so good in football? It's the program that Todd Rogers has built that they all come through that builds these great fundamentals and discipline that they all acquire and detain.

It has nothing to do with money. It's fundamentals and discipline that both schools teach on the field. That's how they get away with not having the most speed on the field in a lot of games. That's all coaching.

Most of those kids don't have to work in the summer and/or weekends. They can focus on getting stronger and faster. Often times with the help of a personal trainer. Money helps.

• Like 1

I used to want to be the 1990 Marshall QB as a kid... then I found out he was addicted to cocaine. <<<this is not a rumor, he was arrested for it several times>>>

:rofl: Dude, what I'm saying went so far over your head that I'm not taking the time to explain LOL!!!!

Carhage does have a great football program but when you start comparing athletic programs Argyle is miles and miles ahead. The reason I bring this up is this guy will also be the AD.

Oh please forgive me for being so ignorant! I had no idea Surratt was only a good head football coach & so inadequate at his AD duties & Carthage is barely sub-par in all other sports. How could I be so foolish to believe I could carry on a conversation with someone of your intellect!