Mount Vernon Girls Coach Floyd

TheShadowKnows

So what is going on up there?

Never heard of this before.

http://www.mt-vernon.com/news/schoolnews/17107-weiss-reports-allegations-against-floyd-to-tea,-uil.html

As required by district and state policies, Mount Vernon ISD Superintendent Gregg Weiss has notified the Texas Education Agency (TEA) and the University Scholastic League (UIL)

of allegations of possible misconduct against Coach Brad Floyd in connection with the “Mt. Vernon Lady Tiger Basketball” bank account. For more information about these letters, see the February 2 edition of the Mount Vernon Optic-Herald.

How long has this been going on? If he is axed who is going to be his replacement? I have got two names in mind that would be a good replacement.

I'm hearing Coach Martin Bass is planning on coming out of retirement and getting that girls hoop coached up if this job does indeed come open.

Board to consider Floyd termination

• printButton.png
Details Category: School News Published on 04 January 2017 Written by Mount Vernon Optic-Herald

A notice of a special called meeting of the Mount Vernon ISD Board of Trustees was posted after 5 p.m. on Monday evening with the purpose of calling for the termination of Brad Floyd, girls athletic director at the school.

The meeting has been set for 5:45 p.m. on Thursday, January 5 in the Administration Building Boardroom. The special called MVISD Board meeting set for 5:45 p.m. on Thursday, January 5 has been relocated to the High School Lecture Hall to accommodate a larger than normal audience. The posted agenda states that the board will consider a recommendation to terminate Coach Floyd without pay for good cause. See the rest of this story in the Jan. 5 edition of the Mount Vernon Optic-Herald.

https://mt-vernon.com/news/schoolnews/16970-board-to-consider-floyd-termination.html

So whomever caught Floyd with his hand in the cookie jar had good cause? But when you got a good chance at winning state, the town rallied behind Floyd.

So either Floyd will get in trouble and has to find another job, or the school will not be able to hold anybody accountable with money and you get a free for all.

So who is the fifth placed team in the district? Could they make it in now and Mount Vernon be held out of the play-offs?

soooo...who gonna be the new supt ?

Didn't they just hire him? Less than a year I believe...Did research, named the lone finalist on Jan. 8, 2016. SOOOO.........So he has been on the job exactly a year as of Feb. 8, 2017, and school board chooses the girls AD and head basketball over him. OUCH! I bet he thinks the TEA and UIL will do his dirty work. But the damage has been done. See Ya!

^and if they don't then we can all have private bank accounts with school money in it.

whats your beef with Floyd?

FYI...booster clubs are independent of the school ..financially these clubs operate outside of school policies and procedures and have their own bank accounts

Slush funds are against the LAW. Bottom line

not an argument with ya about the law...

most booster club funds are not governed by district business procedures/policies. This is fact, look at your local school's board policy

not an argument with ya about the law...

most booster club funds are not governed by district business procedures/policies. This is fact, look at your local school's board policy

Are most booster club accounts set up by the coach with him being allowed to freely make withdrawals and deposits?

Are most booster club accounts set up by the coach with him being allowed to freely make withdrawals and deposits?

Most booster clubs are started by a coach/director at some point and then as coaches and parents move in and out of a district the club remains in it's original intent.. The booster club is there to generate funds that support/supplement students who participate in a particular activity. The club will determine their own budgetary procedures, good BC's have a defined and written set of rules and require a vote and/or two signatures on expenditures.

Most booster clubs are started by a coach/director at some point and then as coaches and parents move in and out of a district the club remains in it's original intent.. The booster club is there to generate funds that support/supplement students who participate in a particular activity. The club will determine their own budgetary procedures, good BC's have a defined and written set of rules and require a vote and/or two signatures on expenditures.

You didn't answer my question...are booster club accounts set up by the coach and is he/she allowed to deposit/withdraw freely without the knowledge of school or booster club officials??

You didn't answer my question...are booster club accounts set up by the coach and is he/she allowed to deposit/withdraw freely without the knowledge of school or booster club officials??

yes it was answered,.it depends upon the booster club operating procedures which is what I typed

If the club procedures are not in print then at some point you will have a problem. Use of booster club funds get people in a bind when there is not a paper trail and clear procedures are not followed.

Pig, I dont have a dog in this hunt, I am not attempting to help/hurt/defend/persecute anyone just pointing out a couple of facts. Since I have zero knowledge of the particulars of what you typed, for me to make a judgment would be a assumption on my part. I wont take that bait.

I'm hearing Coach Martin Bass is planning on coming out of retirement and getting that girls hoop coached up if this job does indeed come open.

I've lurked on Smoaky for a long time. Made an account just to tell you that this is a very underrated post. Funny stuff.