Marshall Football: Claude Mathis hired as AD/HFC

ontheinside

Feaster ..... whom I have serious issues with is a proven winner at Bossier Parkway...... had several deep playoff wins

The Carthage guy has multiple titles.

Ludlow has won everywhere he's gone.

I don't see a bad choice in the lot.

Peaster ..... whom I have serious issues with is a proven winner at Bossier Parkway...... had several deep playoff wins

The Carthage guy has multiple titles.

Ludlow has won everywhere he's gone.

I don't see a bad choice in the lot.

Didn't say that any were bad choices. I know who one of the 3 is, and he's not on your list.

My bet:

David Feaster. He was 64-12 at Bossier Parkway.

Rumor has it the committee will make their recommendation at next Monday's school board meeting. No idea who the 3 finalists were.

The speculation going around is something else.

• Like 1

I'd like to know your thoughts.... even if in PM.

Know him for years, he would last maybe 1 year in Marshall. He would everyone in town off and the ones that are in "charge" of Marshall would not put up with his stuff long. He and the new Supt( who has his own issues of that and other issues IMO) would not see eye to eye after a few months.

I think Keeling gets the job . I do not think he is a good fit for Marshall (football wise)and what he does on offense and defense is not going to be successful at the 5 A level. But he is on the in with all the movers and shakers in Marshall and has been laying this groundwork for the past 2 years to get this job if it came open.

I agree with everything mavfanpanamacity has to say about Feaster. I watched him in an interview on TV a few weeks ago and his attitude will rub EVERYONE the wrong way.

Also, football coaches in LA aren't athletic directors. I think everyone would agree we need someone who wants all sports to be successful, not just football. Feaster is a football only guy.

and all hell will break loose....I have been getting the vibe that Marshall definitely doesn't want Keeling. They better make sure that they have a proven winner.....

I don't want to see Keeling leave Waskom but he is a proven winner. I am sure if he comes or is offered the job he will switch to the spread offense.

I had some sour feelings after dealing with him at BOTB.

Apparently Lufkin had the same experience with Parkway at BOTB.

I will say though.... the reason he got fired from Parkway is absolutely ridiculous.

Keeling just wont look good for M.I.S.D. with the affiliation he has with the school board. Like someone mentioned, No More Buddies!!! Marshall needs to hire who's best for the KIDS of Marshall. Besides, in an effort to improve the girls athletics, Keeling isn't the likely choice. Waskom girls program is in worst shape than Marshall.

Keeling just wont look good for M.I.S.D. with the affiliation he has with the school board. Like someone mentioned, No More Buddies!!! Marshall needs to hire who's best for the KIDS of Marshall. Besides, in an effort to improve the girls athletics, Keeling isn't the likely choice. Waskom girls program is in worst shape than Marshall.

Keeling doesn't run the girls athletic programs anymore, I believe another person does that now.

Keeling doesn't run the girls athletic programs anymore, I believe another person does that now.

Yes, he was forced to after years of complaints from the parents on how terrible the girls sports were.

I had some sour feelings after dealing with him at BOTB.

Apparently Lufkin had the same experience with Parkway at BOTB.

I will say though.... the reason he got fired from Parkway is absolutely ridiculous.

That was just the end of about 100 things he was allowed to get away with under the old principal.