Marshall Football: Claude Mathis hired as AD/HFC

ontheinside

Haven't heard a word about DC......

But if the name I heard for the OC comes to fruition...... prepare to be mind-blown. I honestly don't know how Mathis or MISD could make this happen. Wait and see.

Haven't heard a word about DC......

But if the name I heard for the OC comes to fruition...... prepare to be mind-blown. I honestly don't know how Mathis or MISD could make this happen. Wait and see.

Come on MavChamp...how bout a hint. Current head coach somewhere? Currently a high school or college coach?

Highly doubtful considering they usually don't play on metroplex teams. Coaching can put a good team into a successful team. Marshall might not win state but they surely will be a contender.

Highland Park, McKinney Boyd, Frisco Lone Star, Wylie, Wylie East. They lose to them in the playoffs.

Highland Park, McKinney Boyd, Frisco Lone Star, Wylie, Wylie East. They lose to them in the playoffs.

A lot of teams lose to them in the playoffs... and the HP and Lone Star one was funny.... you are literally referencing a state championship game and a team that was the state runner up.

As long as losing is funny and the people of Marshall enjoy hiring new coaches, then carry on.

You are salty today.

Marshall lost to Highland Park in the STATE TITLE GAME!

Marshall lost to Lone Star who made it to the title game!

The team that lost to Wylie was 3-8 that season.

Wylie East was on a team last season that had QB issues...

I don't know where you are trying to go with this. I believe most of the teams you mentioned went as far as they could have gone. If we want to throw out other good DFW teams we have lost to in the past 15 years, go ahead and add in Sherman and Denison...

You serve no purpose in this thread except to be an ####### and a disgrace to all Marshall fans if you even are one.

Ignore him. He's been trolling Marshall threads for years (bitter past staff is my guess)

He adds nothing to the conversation, says nothing intelligent, notes nothing of importance.....

And he's from Karnack.

Not much more to really say about him.

I'm going to bite on our past playoff losses of late

2004: 4A Div I state championship game Vs. Ennis. We should have won. Period. A punt snap over the kicker's head/safety cost us that trophy. Lost by 2 points 23-21.

2005: 4A Div II state championship game Vs. Highland Park. HP was the better team. One of the best HS QB's in the history of TxHSFB played in that game....and he's in the NFL today. I still don't think they were that many points better than us.... but it happened. We were playing on a day when nearly 1300 other teams wish they were. Lost by more than I care to count.

2007: 4A Region II Semifinals Vs. McKinney Boyd. Let's make note of the fact that this team overachieved to begin with. They were a third place team that beat a district champion the week before (after being down 20-3 in the 2nd qtr no less). I DO somewhat blame this loss on coaching. But playing in a mixture of sleet/snow with it being in the upper 20's didn't help. But we continued to try and throw the ball in the deplorable conditions instead of pounding the rock. Lost by 7 pts 21-14.

2008: 4A Bi-district. Lost at home to Kilgore. A bitter rival. In a very close game that we very well could have won....but the Bulldogs shoved the football down our face. Lost by 3 points 31-28.

2009: 4A Region II Region Semifinals: Lost to Denison. They had a stud QB. They advanced to the semifinals that year.....so they were no slouches. And Marshall actually lead this game 16-3 at one point. And it should be noted.... the Mavs had the ball with the potential winning drive down 29-26 late in the game....but a pick 6 ended it. Loss 35-26.

2010: 4A Bi-District: Another overachieving team as well. This 6-4 squad took a 9-1 district champion to the brink in this playoff game....with an injured QB no less. Sherman's only loss that season was to Highland Park. And yet that 9-1 team beat lowly Marshall only 24-21.

2013: 4A Bi-district: We were 3-7. We shouldn't have even been in the playoffs if truth be told. But we were. Wylie made pretty easy work of us. 42-21.

2014: 4A Area: Lost to SOC. But again... this was a team that 80% of the region had us losing in the first round to Nac. No one really thought we were going to win in the first round. Yet we did.....67-42 (opps!). We ran into a SOC team loaded with NFL talent. It should be noted that SOC advanced to the semis where they lost to Ennis (in a game I attended).

2015: 5A Region Semifinals: We got our revenge on SOC by beating them 35-3 the week before. We lost to a better team this year. Frisco Lone Star was better than us. They were better than most..... they were state title runner ups after all.

2016: 5A Bi-District: We lost to Eno Benjamin. Guy was a stud. They were better. Period.

Sometimes you run into better teams than you

Sometimes you lose to teams you shouldn't lose to

Sometimes you beat teams that are better than you

Sometimes you beat teams you should beat

It's why we play. It's why SDC exists.

You are salty today.

Marshall lost to Highland Park in the STATE TITLE GAME!

Marshall lost to Lone Star who made it to the title game!

The team that lost to Wylie was 3-8 that season.

Wylie East was on a team last season that had QB issues...

I don't know where you are trying to go with this. I believe most of the teams you mentioned went as far as they could have gone. If we want to throw out other good DFW teams we have lost to in the past 15 years, go ahead and add in Sherman and Denison...

You serve no purpose in this thread except to be an ####### and a disgrace to all Marshall fans if you even are one.

He's not salty.....he's bitter.

Damn dude. What do you have against Marshall?

Been trolling us for years. Old RIchter's staff? Harris? Southern?

fired staff?

Those would be my first guesses.

fired staff?

Everyone that I know from Harris's staff ended up on their feet in good jobs. Seeing how Richters's teams did, the ones that were let go got a huge favor.

Everyone who was let go under Harris deserved it. Sipe may have been a #### but he was fair in his hiring and firing process.

This guy just wasn't up to par and is spiteful about it.

fired staff?

I actually know the Karnack King. Never worked at Marshall but was on 2 of the staffs that beat Marshall.

Here's the thing, who else is Marshall going to lose to in the playoffs besides a DFW school? Now that they are in region II and not region III anymore they will play DFW teams until either the semi-finals or the state finals. When they were in region III they cruised through all of the Houston area schools (2004,2005) Klein Oak, Ozen, Yates, Marshall made easy work of them. Region II is arguable the toughest region in 5A. No shame in what Marshall has done.