Marshall Football: Claude Mathis hired as AD/HFC

ontheinside

Mathis is a decent hire but what did he do with the much better talent that he had at Desoto???? Underachieved .... the talent at Marshall is not even close to that of Desoto....just saying.... I thought the last coach that just left was supposed to be the answer.? I thibk you just have to wait and see what happens...until you can win consistently then you can say it's a great hire.will be fun to see what happens!

Mathis is a decent hire but what did he do with the much better talent that he had at Desoto???? Underachieved .... the talent at Marshall is not even close to that of Desoto....just saying.... I thought the last coach that just left was supposed to be the answer.? I thibk you just have to wait and see what happens...until you can win consistently then you can say it's a great hire.will be fun to see what happens!

Although Mathis did underachieve a bit a Desoto, take into account two things:

1. He does win a ring if it weren't for Kyler Murray and the dynasty that is Allen.

2. While Marshall doesnt have the caliber players that Desoto has, they do have the same type of players. Marshall is on their way 5A D2 surely. I think he can definitely make noise with Marshall in that bracket.

Mathis didn't underachieve. He lost to better teams. When he took over Desoto they weren't no powerhouse. He made them better than when he arrived and ran up against an monster in Allen.

• Like 1

Zzz

Zzzzz

Maybe winning first before getting almost crazy with predicting anything .,,

How about being excited and optimistic about your school and its future? That is all that has happened here.

Im sure what he "heard" was he wife and kids won't be here until the school year ends in desoto. No need to transfer the kids with just a few weeks of school left when he was hired. But then you know Marshall people always twist the truth to make it sound better.

Back to back semifinal appearances losing to Allen and other deep playoffs runs is underachieving?

Okay 🙄

And no. Marshall doesn't have the talent of DeSoto. But neither does most of 5A.

Unlike some of our neighbors to the west .... any season not ending with a state championship is viewed as a failure.

That's a pretty miserable way to live unless your Katy or a handful of others.

Back to back semifinal appearances losing to Allen and other deep playoffs runs is underachieving?

Okay 🙄

And no. Marshall doesn't have the talent of DeSoto. But neither does most of 5A.

Unlike some of our neighbors to the west .... any season not ending with a state championship is viewed as a failure.

That's a pretty miserable way to live unless your Katy or a handful of others.

I live in a town like that... it was basically a winter of depression in 2015 after Aledo lost the semis, but life came back with softball and baseball .

I would love to see Marshall like that again in football . People are literally excited about every boys sport in Marshall right now. I would love to hear that trend continue. It only helps the city of Marshall when the sports at the HS are clicking. Throw in the few who care about ETBU, it's been a great year for sports in Marshall on the boys side.

ETBU had an outstanding sports season this year.

And yeah. Life is much better when MHS is rocking and rolling. Girls sports aside.... been a pretty exciting season.

Mathis had an incoming 7th grade thru 11th grade football meeting this week and I heard about 600 people attended. That's unreal.

Excitement is off the charts right now. Most I've seen since 2009. Maybe 2005.

Good luck this upcoming year ! It's better for east Texas the more quality teams there are!

We agree on that.

It's always better when Longview, Marshall, and Lufkin are all winning. And when the games against one another are competitive.

• Like 1