Marshall Football: Claude Mathis hired as AD/HFC

ontheinside

Coach Lott went to longview

Will probably be Oline or strength and conditioning in Longview.

Longview loss both this offseason, OL coach Tony Favara now OC at Rusk and S&C coach Janecek opened up a gym in DFW.

Coach Lottinger was employed at MISD the past 4 yrs. He was the oline coach and also the powerlifting coach Harper's 1st three years. He served as an assistant principal last year feeling for a principal who was on pregnancy leave part of the year. He took the oline job at L'view in the late spring, he and coach King are close friends.

His grandmother is on staff in DISD administration from what I understand.

I wouldn't want to move my senior year either. He's been there his entire HS career.

There's no reason for him to uproot IMHO.

Just heard(may be just a rumor) but it is being said Champ mathis is staying in desoto and isn't coming to Marshall. Anyone have any inside on this?

Hmm. Maybe I interpreted wrong but I thought one of the reasons that Mathis came back to the HS ranks was because he wanted to watch his kids through school? I thought CM would for sure be in a Maverick uniform in the fall.

Hmm. Maybe I interpreted wrong but I thought one of the reasons that Mathis came back to the HS ranks was because he wanted to watch his kids through school? I thought CM would for sure be in a Maverick uniform in the fall.

I hope so.

But I wouldn't blame him if he didn't.

It's completely different for all the younger kids....but he's about to graduate. That would be tough to expect. Leave a 6A defending champion to come to a 5A program that's still in building mode to become a contender.

His grandmother is on staff in DISD administration from what I understand.

I wouldn't want to move my senior year either. He's been there his entire HS career.

There's no reason for him to uproot IMHO.

CM is 2019 not 2018. Incoming Jr.

Mathis isn't going anywhere.

Everything single thing he's said and done has pointed to him being committed here for the long term.

He's pubicly commented on how grateful he is in how the city has welcomed not only him, but also his wife and family.

That's huge imho.

Key is he buying or leasing?

IMO it's smarter for coaches to lease early on and see how that first season or two goes regardless of how long they themselves want to stay its not totally up to them, selling a house in one city while trying to buy in another is no cake walk lol

One of the reasons he's back in high school is he lost his job as a position coach and was given an off the field role. In my opinion that was the major factor in him going back to high school.

One of the reasons he's back in high school is he lost his job as a position coach and was given an off the field role. In my opinion that was the major factor in him going back to high school.

Agreed.

SMU saw an opportunity with Traylor and took it.