My 3A DI Top 20 Rankings (Adjusted)

Yoe09

1. Yoakum - 12 all-district players return from 2016.

2. Cameron Yoe - 15 all-district players return from 2016.
3. Hallettsville - 11 all-district players return from 2016.
4. Teague - 7 all-district players return from 2016.
5. Rockdale - 12 all-district players return from 2016.
6. Malakoff - 9 all-district players return from 2016.
7. Wall - 12 all-district players return from 2016.
8. Brock - 10 all-district players return from 2016.
9. Grandview - 13 all-district players return from 2016.

10. Mineola - 8 all-district players return from 2016.
11. Jefferson - 13 all-district players return from 2016.
12. Franklin - 9 all-district players return from 2016.
13. Edna - 12 all-district players return from 2016.
14. Whitesboro - 9 all-district players return from 2016.
15. Goliad - 7 all-district players return from 2016.
16. Pottsboro - 4 all-district players return from 2016.
17. Woodville - 15 all-district players return from 2016.
18. Farmersville - 8 all-district players return from 2016.
19. Coldspring - 9 all-district players return from 2016.
T20. Howe - 5 all-district players return from 2016.
T20. Sunnyvale - 8 all-district players return from 2016.
T20. Littlefield - 3 all-district players return from 2017.

The original rankings were released on December after the state championships. This is an updated list after Yoakum's Josh Moore decided to leave for IMG Academy. The only difference is a swap of Yoakum and Cameron in the 1/2 spots.

Nice. Like it other than not seeing White Oak creep in there somewhere.

WO could end up in the conversation. Of all the regions ranked, region II was the most difficult. No standouts right now to me. Mineola gets the nod because of past success, but they will have to have some people step up in a big way.

How was the Mineola JV?

WO could end up in the conversation. Of all the regions ranked, region II was the most difficult. No standouts right now to me. Mineola gets the nod because of past success, but they will have to have some people step up in a big way.

How was the Mineola JV?

In all honesty, you will have to question a Jacket fan on that. I believe they were pretty good, but don't take my word on that.

White Oak brings back some players at important positions. Plus a JV that went 9-1, and the JV's one loss was after all the varsity caliber players were pulled up getting ready for playoffs. White Oak will be solid as usual next season.

franklin will creep up a little bit higher only lost 4 key players qb/cb #11 box de/te #3 green and rb #33 graham who was out half the season with a torn acl and de #60 mathis..... our back up qb has a better arm when needing to go down field... gave the starting job to box bc he was a senior.... all the running backs will be back other then graham and all will be juniors and sophmores same with cb ss fs all juniors and sophmores other then box

I'm not sure if Teague needs a new play caller or not. I do know that the evolution of the passing game will probably determine how good Teague will be in 2017. Those were the same thoughts I had when heading into the 2016 season. To me, pretty much everything else is in place and that is why they are in my top 5.

I'm not sure if Teague needs a new play caller or not. I do know that the evolution of the passing game will probably determine how good Teague will be in 2017. Those were the same thoughts I had when heading into the 2016 season. To me, pretty much everything else is in place and that is why they are in my top 5.

I'm just saying they got one not bashing the past one they had.

• 3 months later...

I have just made a few slight adjustments to this poll before the others begin to come out in the coming weeks.

Yoakum is now back at #1. The Moore twin is back, plus you have the addition of a legit receiver and quarterback transfer in. They will be the Golden State Warriors of 3A football this season with all that talent.

I have also slid Mineola down a few more slots.

Something that should be considered is strength of district imo... some teams just play a weaker district than others and that's how alot have so many "returners"

It's all about balancing. Strength of districts and how teams did in the playoffs are definitely part of my formula. I don't have all the numbers I would like when I do this, but I work with what I have.

Jefferson at #11 is kinda being hopeful imo. ... Always seem to have the athletes but never seembto be in the right spots or have the game they need to have when its go time I.e the playoffs

You cold be right. Region II could be WIDE open this year.

• 4 weeks later...

franklin will creep up a little bit higher only lost 4 key players qb/cb #11 box de/te #3 green and rb #33 graham who was out half the season with a torn acl and de #60 mathis..... our back up qb has a better arm when needing to go down field... gave the starting job to box bc he was a senior.... all the running backs will be back other then graham and all will be juniors and sophmores same with cb ss fs all juniors and sophmores other then box

With that offense, though, in 3A D-1, players get worn out second half of season. Look at last year.

We played good through out the 2nd half of the season lost to yall and rockdale by a combined 10 points and they went to the playoffs thinking they were goin to run everyone like the year before and got showed up. We will be better this year got alot of sophmores and juniors this year... All the running backs are back other then graham and the secondary is also back a year stronger and smarter..... I like being ranked outside the top ten it makes the player think that have to earn the ranking and its not givin to them

We played good through out the 2nd half of the season lost to yall and rockdale by a combined 10 points and they went to the playoffs thinking they were goin to run everyone like the year before and got showed up. We will be better this year got alot of sophmores and juniors this year... All the running backs are back other then graham and the secondary is also back a year stronger and smarter..... I like being ranked outside the top ten it makes the player think that have to earn the ranking and its not givin to them

Y'all got some 3A studs over there, and a program with pride. I know a couple Lions fans who don't like bein' in D-1, and I can see that. But all due respect, y'all can't run them boys like that for ten games in this district, THEN try to play smashmout with Teague, Malakoff, etc, in the playoffs (and runnin' that hurry-up quick-snap, too? No wonder those boys were beat up by game eight). I don't know if y'all got a QB who can throw or WRs who can catch (& run), but to be honest, that offense sets up a good play-action passing game. Coach needs to figure this out.

Been saying that for years about play action and they just wont do it...... But believe it or not we have passed the ball more in the pass 2 years then we ever had before. If we could work the passing game in more it would help not only the offense but the defense to because the boys dont practice against the pass because we dont pass

• Like 1

They like us playing in D2 bc we beat everyone by 50+ in our district and there's not a challenge until round 3 of the playoffs...... We had to have had the weakest district when we were in D2 and theirs a up side and a down side to that..... You play cupcakes so you stay rested for the playoffs but your never challenged and teams that have played better opponents knows what it takes

• Like 1

They like us playing in D2 bc we beat everyone by 50+ in our district and there's not a challenge until round 3 of the playoffs...... We had to have had the weakest district when we were in D2 and theirs a up side and a down side to that..... You play cupcakes so you stay rested for the playoffs but your never challenged and teams that have played better opponents knows what it takes

Who are you talking about in this post????? You talking to Yoe88? Bc if i remember correctly they play the toughest schedule in the state every year.

District 10 should be a dandy again this season. 3 teams who are capable of grabbing that top spot, should be fun yet again

I'ma tell you whut, LOL! - Gonna be interestin' to see how the BOTB goes after that prison-whoopin' in Rockdale last fall! How that score wasn't plastered across the front page of the Reporter the following Thu is a mystery! Those Tigers deserve to eat free at Lee's Landing the rest of their lives! LOL!
  • Like 1

Yall get ready for Teague this season. New OC, New era on offense with returning D1 players. I've been a big advocate that if we had a different person in the OC position we might have at least 1 title if not 2 with some of the teams we have put on the field. Gotta get over the Yoe hurdle though like Malakoff did last season. Not gonna talk much this season just gonna let the team do my talking hopefully. See yall in August!

• Like 1