Chapel Hill

dillonpanthers

Looks like they will announce the choice on Monday. After they make their announcement their will be a new opening at a school located on HW 31 West. Chapel Hill will be HOOKED UP :)

Wow, really?

This must not be as great a job as I thought it was...several have passed on it...wonder why? Sure seems like a pretty good job.

That's what I was thinking...

Matt Stepp is retweeting it should be Hooker.

Heck of job move for him. Most don't move on to a job like Chapel Hill after going 8-23. He's got to be pumped.

I'm not understanding hire unless nobody wanted to touch that job even with a 10 ft pole.
  • Like 1

I'm not understanding hire unless nobody wanted to touch that job even with a 10 ft pole.

Yea, I think nobody wants to touch it. A good AD/HC left for a DC job after going 5-16 over the last 2 years. From 15-0 in 2011, to being really close to 0-10 in 2016. The guy didn't forget how to coach. I think that scared a lot of people off this job. Especially up and coming coordinators.
  • Like 1

Even with Chappa Hills struggles the last couple years and a possible move to 5A I cant believe there is not quite a bit of interest in this job.

From what it sounds like on here there was a lot of interest. The guy getting it wasn't even in what was being posted as the rumored final 4 or 5. Those others must have changed their minds.

Yea, I think nobody wants to touch it. A good AD/HC left for a DC job after going 5-16 over the last 2 years. From 15-0 in 2011, to being really close to 0-10 in 2016. The guy didn't forget how to coach. I think that scared a lot of people off this job. Especially up and coming coordinators.

Why would Chapel Hill hire someone with type of heading coaching record?

WOW............ Craziness

His first head coaching job was at Brownsboro... let's not act like Brownsboro was a power before he got there plus two of the three years he was in arguably the best district in 4a... Hook is a great coach and even a greater mentor id be surprised if he didn't turn things around at CH, which he will have similar kids that he had at LE as the OC on a State Championship team...

• Like 1

His first head coaching job was at Brownsboro... let's not act like Brownsboro was a power before he got there plus two of the three years he was in arguably the best district in 4a... Hook is a great coach and even a greater mentor id be surprised if he didn't turn things around at CH, which he will have similar kids that he had at LE as the OC on a State Championship team...

No one acting like they were a power before, or questioning his ability to coach. Tuff gig that 3 coaches passed on, and some didn't apply for.