Chapel Hill

dillonpanthers

His first head coaching job was at Brownsboro... let's not act like Brownsboro was a power before he got there plus two of the three years he was in arguably the best district in 4a... Hook is a great coach and even a greater mentor id be surprised if he didn't turn things around at CH, which he will have similar kids that he had at LE as the OC on a State Championship team...

Since you are from LE. You must be going to join him. Hooker came into a great situation at Brownsboro. Settle had them doing great. Look at basketball over there with Brent Smith. They win and win and win.

With some very good athletes. Maybe Brent Smith can take over the football program and get them going like he did in basketball. Before Brent Smith basketball had not won either.

I do not about this hire. But the ### i am away from coaching now and retired. But WOW 8-23

I forgot to add delusional to my previous post.

There was an additional AD/HC after Settle, 2 years before Hooker arrived at Brownsboro, one of which the Bears went 1-9 in football, no, things were not as "great" as implied

Basketball 4 years prior to Coach Smith: 2 District Championships 2 Area Finals and a trip to the Regional Tny the year before Coach Smith took over, yes, basketball did win

Coach Hooker & staff took athletes that chose to remain in football program after told they were going into the District of Doom by UIL, beat Henderson, Palestine, Chapel Hill placing them 3rd (ahead of CH) in one of the hardest districts in state putting them in the playoffs

A little research into the "new hire's" background and experience perhaps would do a few of the posters on this thread some good.... or just stick to assumptions and speculations and let time prove you wrong

Have a wonderful day boys :)

• Like 1

There was an additional AD/HC after Settle, 2 years before Hooker arrived at Brownsboro, one of which the Bears went 1-9 in football, no, things were not as "great" as implied

Basketball 4 years prior to Coach Smith: 3 District Championships 2 Area Finals and a trip to the Regional Tny the year before Coach Smith took over, yes, basketball did win

Coach Hooker & staff took athletes that chose to remain in football program after told they were going into the District of Doom by UIL, beat Henderson, Palestine, Chapel Hill placing them 3rd (ahead of CH) in one of the hardest districts in state putting them in the playoffs

A little research into the "new hire's" background and experience perhaps would do a few of the posters on this thread some good.... or just stick to assumptions and speculations and let time prove you wrong

No one is saying that he should have worn more at Brownsboro. The point I was making is that usually someone with that record doesn't get a better job than they currently have. No one is saying he can't coach and won't do a good job at CH. There are a lot of good coaches out there that have taken bad jobs. It's no secret he didn't have a lot to work with in Brownsboro. Just pointing out that several pulled their names out for it to get to him. Surely you don't think that if the former DC who is at Lufkin, Bowman from Center, coach at SFA, etc had stayed in, that he would still be the first choice?

No one acting like they were a power before, or questioning his ability to coach. Tuff gig that 3 coaches passed on, and some didn't apply for.

Exactly
  • Like 1

No one is saying that he should have worn more at Brownsboro. The point I was making is that usually someone with that record doesn't get a better job than they currently have. No one is saying he can't coach and won't do a good job at CH. There are a lot of good coaches out there that have taken bad jobs. It's no secret he didn't have a lot to work with in Brownsboro. Just pointing out that several pulled their names out for it to get to him. Surely you don't think that if the former DC who is at Lufkin, Bowman from Center, coach at SFA, etc had stayed in, that he would still be the first choice?

Exactly

Please... please do a little yet THOROUGH research on this and when you have facts.. not assumptions but facts.. please come back and let us know. It won't be hard to find out.

Please... please do a little yet THOROUGH research on this and when you have facts.. not assumptions but facts.. please come back and let us know. It won't be hard to find out.

You're right, I don't have any research. Just talking about what what's been posted on here. So if you're saying he's been their first choice from the beginning, congratulations to him. Either way I'm sure he's pumped to be going to CH.

And it sounds like you know, so it would probably be easier for you to just tell us. Since you're so adamant about it.

• Like 2

With all these coaches passing I guess they had keep who was left. The coach in between Settle and this guy? Was a good coach from what I hear. But .... I will leave it at that.

District of doom as you say was very down.....

How was basketball winning in Brownsoro before Brent Smith. Hutchinson (principal) at Van did not win at Brownsboro.

Basketball 4 years prior to Coach Smith: 2 District Championships 2 Area Finals and a trip to the Regional Tny the year before Coach Smith took over, yes, basketball did win

Exactly

I agree...Tell the whole story. It is nap times guys. Catch on the back side...Play nice

You're right, I don't have any research. Just talking about what what's been posted on here. So if you're saying he's been their first choice from the beginning, congratulations to him. Either way I'm sure he's pumped to be going to CH.

And it sounds like you know, so it would probably be easier for you to just tell us. Since you're so adamant about it.

With all these coaches passing I guess they had keep who was left. The coach in between Settle and this guy? Was a good coach from what I hear. But .... I will leave it at that.

District of doom as you say was very down.....

How was basketball winning in Brownsoro before Brent Smith. Hutchinson (principal) at Van did not win at Brownsboro.

Passing? Lol ok..

Tobin Reid was the basketball coach at Brownsbroro 4 years before Smith took it over...

All I know is I 100% agree with you on Brent Smith taking over the whole athletic program... I think he would do great

8-23 is not impressive but sometimes good coaches find themselves in bad situations and a change of scenery makes all the difference.Tom Wilson only won 24 games in 7 seasons at Palestine...then went 62-23 at Corsicana. Welcome back to the DoD and good luck to Coach Hooker...but not too much good luck :)

8-23 is not impressive but sometimes good coaches find themselves in bad situations and a change of scenery makes all the difference.Tom Wilson only won 24 games in 7 seasons at Palestine...then went 62-23 at Corsicana. Welcome back to the DoD and good luck to Coach Hooker...but not too much good luck :)

No doubt. Like I said earlier, sometimes good coaches find themselves in bad jobs. Especially guys who are looking for their 1st head coaching job. You can go from genuis to idiot and vice versa very quickly. Got to have players.

Thank ya

If y'all give Hook a chance he will work I tell you one thing they will excel in class and he'll make men out of them for sure.. they will come together! Good Luck CH unless your playing LE of course.

• Like 2

You would know. Since yall coached together once before. According to my source.

Wow.. shots fired 🔫😮

What I'm just pointing out that the OC ran an offense that only scored 30+ points 10 times and a DC that ran a defense that gave up 30+ points 30 times, as well as 20 times giving up 40+, in 4 years! Sounds like a bunch of mediocrity if I've ever seen it, at best!