Brady played good?

He moves to 3 on my list now. Receivers have to catch passes that hit them in the hands in the 4th quarter.

And the QB has to not make bonehead plays that leads to an interception, just because he can't handle the rush.

Here's the difference I saw between the two QB's tonight,

When Eli was getting rushed (which happened A Lot!), he stuck in there and delivered the ball. If the receiver wasn't open, he ate the sack and prevented turnovers.

When Brady was getting rushed (and even when he wasn't), the guy was fending for his life and trying to force something that wasn't there. Sorry, but that is NOT what an all time great QB does.

Personally, I'd say that Eli is coming reaaallllly close to passing Brady on my All Time list (even he hasn't already)....and don't be surprised if you start hearing that same thing from others either.

And the QB has to not make bonehead plays that leads to an interception, just because he can't handle the rush.

Here's the difference I saw between the two QB's tonight,

When Eli was getting rushed (which happened A Lot!), he stuck in there and delivered the ball. If the receiver wasn't open, he ate the sack and prevented turnovers.

When Brady was getting rushed (and even when he wasn't), the guy was fending for his life and trying to force something that wasn't there. Sorry, but that is NOT what an all time great QB does.

Personally, I'd say that Eli is coming reaaallllly close to passing Brady on my All Time list (even he hasn't already)....and don't be surprised if you start hearing that same thing from others either.

Lol if you think so.

Lol if you think so.

Lol, I do.

Look, Brady's place in history is mostly due to his first 5 years in the league. Since then, tell me seriously what he's done that's been better than any other QB in the league. Eli on the other hand, has been one of the most successful QB's for the last 5 years (and that's coming from a Cowboys fan, lol). The guy just helped lead his team to yet another SB over the "beloved" Brady with a 9-7 season for Pete's sake. All he now needs is one more to equal Brady for rings.

So tell me, seriously, wth has Brady done or have that still makes him better than Eli?

Lol, I do.

Look, Brady's place in history is mostly due to his first 5 years in the league. Since then, tell me seriously what he's done that's been better than any other QB in the league. Eli on the other hand, has been one of the most successful QB's for the last 5 years (and that's coming from a Cowboys fan, lol). The guy just helped lead his team to yet another SB over the "beloved" Brady with a 9-7 season for Pete's sake. All he now needs is one more to equal Brady for rings.

So tell me, seriously, wth has Brady done or have that still makes him better than Eli?

He's been beaten twice by Eli et al now. I watched portions of last nights game, and I have to agree with his wife. I would still take Brady over Montana or either Manning in any fantasy draft. These would be my top 5 picks for quarterback going into a Super Bowl or any important game :

1. Roger Staubach

2. Bart Starr

3. Otto Graham

4. Tom Brady

5. Joe Montana

The "Elite" Quarterbacks that would be at the bottom of my list :

1. Jim Kelley

2. Fran Tarkenton

3. Brett Favre

4. Peyton Manning

5. Drew Brees

Lol, I do.

2 MVPs, only missing the playoffs one season of his career he has actually played.

That's just off the top of my head.

0-2 since spy gate????

I'm sure them tapes helped them with their 3 SBs they won.

Sorry but I find it hard to believe that every team didn't tape stuff and Mangini was just throwing a hissy fit.

Besides the 2 MVPs and his better seasons are after that.

0-2 since spy gate????

I'm sure them tapes helped them with their 3 SBs they won.

Sorry but I find it hard to believe that every team didn't tape stuff and Mangini was just throwing a hissy fit.

Well they got caught. Similar to college football. We all know everybody pays kids. Too bad it's the Miamis and SMUs that only get caught.

He's been beaten twice by Eli et al now. I watched portions of last nights game, and I have to agree with his wife. I would still take Brady over Montana or either Manning in any fantasy draft. These would be my top 5 picks for quarterback going into a Super Bowl or any important game :

1. Roger Staubach

2. Bart Starr

3. Otto Graham

4. Tom Brady

5. Joe Montana

The "Elite" Quarterbacks that would be at the bottom of my list :

1. Jim Kelley

2. Fran Tarkenton

3. Brett Favre

4. Peyton Manning

5. Drew Brees

.......excuse me, but you left off the most important name with a great track record in important games......Johnny Unitas !!

Surprised Lobo hasn't posted since he wanted this thread up.

LOL...I just saw it. For the record, I was being sarcastic, lol.

As for the answer to the thread, I don't think so. I saw a comment on the other thread about how he was a great passer, but not a great QB. I would disagree. Whether he was great because of his timing, accuracy, or whatever, the guy was still one of the best even though he never had playmakers around him. I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but for anyone who thinks he was overrated, I would challenge them to name just 3 WR's that ever played with him...rhetorical of course. You don't have to list them here, none of us will have no way of knowing if you went and looked them up first. But just think to yourself, and see if you can name just 3!

LOL...I just saw it. For the record, I was being sarcastic, lol.

As for the answer to the thread, I don't think so. I saw a comment on the other thread about how he was a great passer, but not a great QB. I would disagree. Whether he was great because of his timing, accuracy, or whatever, the guy was still one of the best even though he never had playmakers around him. I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but for anyone who thinks he was overrated, I would challenge them to name just 3 WR's that ever played with him...rhetorical of course. You don't have to list them here, none of us will have no way of knowing if you went and looked them up first. But just think to yourself, and see if you can name just 3!

Marino had solid receivers with Duper and Clayton. He never really had a running game to go to, which may have hurt him. Marino doesn't crack my top 10 of greatest NFL quarterbacks. He had a lot of yards passing, but that doesn't make you a great quarterback. Overall, I'd say he is overrated having only gone to the Super Bowl his rookie season.

I think this clip fits Dan Marino :

• 1 month later...

I have always said, Marion was a great passer, not a great quarterback. There is a big difference. In my opinion, Marino is far and away the most over rated quarterback in NFL history.

Wow really? More overrated than Joe Namath??? I don't see it, man. The guy never had much talent around him offensively, the Marks bros were pretty good, probably more Marino making them great than the other way around, never had any semblance of running game (finally got a 1,000 yard rusher in '96 i believe), and had very average defenses at best. So to say he was overrated just doesn't seem fair to me. Not disrespecting your opinion, I just don't see why you feel that way about him.

• Mr. P changed the title to ⭐ Greatest quarterback in NFL history?