UIL and Transgendered Athletes

Stoney

This transgender stuff is a mess... If you are a girl and do roids, then you are breaking the rules PERIOD. I don't care if you think you are a boy or not. You wrestle girls and you are are a girl, but you did the steroid, so you cheated.

You are a boy, and you want to be a girl. You fight boys, BECAUSE YOU ARE A BOY! If you do estrogen, you will be disqualified. Why? BECAUSE ITS AGAINST THE RULES!

If you are a crackhead and you do crack and want to wrestle... sorry, you should be suspended too. Why? Being a crackhead is against the rules...

So the UIL doesn't need to change the rules. Boys fight boys, girls fight girls. Estrogen, Testosterone, HGH, and crack are all against UIL policy.

• Like 8

This transgender stuff is a mess... If you are a girl and do roids, then you are breaking the rules PERIOD. I don't care if you think you are a boy or not. You wrestle girls and you are are a girl, but you did the steroid, so you cheated.

You are a boy, and you want to be a girl. You fight boys, BECAUSE YOU ARE A BOY! If you do estrogen, you will be disqualified. Why? BECAUSE ITS AGAINST THE RULES!

If you are a crackhead and you do crack and want to wrestle... sorry, you should be suspended too. Why? Being a crackhead is against the rules...

So the UIL doesn't need to change the rules. Boys fight boys, girls fight girls. Estrogen, Testosterone, HGH, and crack are all against UIL policy.

Out dated view. Yes they needs to rules in place kids like him. Like it or not the world is changing. Change with it or get left behind.

Out dated view. Yes they needs to rules in place kids like him. Like it or not the world is changing. Change with it or get left behind.

What do you suggest? A confused division? The UIL to start a circus? I don't think the state or UIL should bend for someone with a severe psychological disorder.

The drug policy issues seem to be a little sticky - how could you allow one person to use enhancements and forbid others?

Do we move to three divisions? Boys, Girls, and an Open Division?

Or do we do completely away with gender in athletics? One team only (the athletic nay-sayers would say it would save a lot of tax money)

However, if you had 15 girls on a girls team and 15 boys on a boys team ... and went to 15 boys/girls team what happens to the other 15?

Do they not deserve a chance to benefit from the positive nature of athletic competition, too?

Maybe we need to seriously think about why sports are included in the educational system in the first place. It's all about the kids - not the social engineers.

This IS a tough issue ... and a lot of thought needs to be put into it.

But IMO what we don't need is for some Federal judge with an agenda, who never broke a sweat in his life, legislating from the bench.

• Like 1

It seems to me like the athletes who are being forced to compete against someone who is using performance enhancing drugs would have grounds for a lawsuit against the UIL. Isn't that the way the other side does things? If you start getting into the UIL's back pocket, they'll rethink their position.

• Like 1

You know, it's bull poo like this that results in me consuming a massive dose of Rolaids with an Alka Seltzer chaser. If SHE is on testosterone, SHE should be disqualified. I do find it ironic that cujo says "the world is changing. Change with it or get left behind." Then underneath in Bold letters he has, Never Give Up Without A Fight.

I'm going with Mav on this one, 1000%. I'm reminded of what we tell our kids when they say something like, well Don & Bill did it, and we come back with, Well, if Don & Bill jump off a cliff, do you have to? Let the rest of the country change, I hope Texas doesn't.

• Like 2

It seems to me like the athletes who are being forced to compete against someone who is using performance enhancing drugs would have grounds for a lawsuit against the UIL. Isn't that the way the other side does things? If you start getting into the UIL's back pocket, they'll rethink their position.

Great post Blue, and you're absolutely right, that's the way the other side does it.

Living outside of Buffalo NY about 6 years ago I read a story where this guy had a horse that acted like a human. Since his wife was a certified homeschool teacher and NY is a union state in regards to education that horse was allowed to run in all the distance events in their state track meet.

Won state every year in multiple events.

Some good ol redneck northern boys heard about this after the horses senior year and they shot that horse deader then a hornet.

You will never guess what all them northern education suits ate the following year at their State Track awards ceremony?

Tragic story that shows just how the times have changed especially in our northern states.

You can link the story here: www.nytimesmredwinsagain.com

* Change with the times or get left behind!

You forgot to include Cujo's complimentary invitation to this year's Buffalo Public Schools Athletic Banquet.

Discussions are always better than arguments - because an argument is done to find out WHO is right, while a discussion is done to find out WHAT is right. I hope everybody involved takes the time to find out what is the right thing to do.

There's an old coaching paradox that many good coaches have struggled with when trying to decide how far to go with dealing with a troublesome student-athlete ... and should you sacrifice all rules and principles of your program for the sake of keeping one kid:

"There's no athletic program that's worth more than one single kid ....

and there's no one single kid that's worth more than an entire athletic program"

My rights end where yours begin ... and vice versa;

lotsa folks tend, or like, to forget that second part.

Discussions are always better than arguments - because an argument is done to find out WHO is right, while a discussion is done to find out WHAT is right. I hope everybody involved takes the time to find out what is the right thing to do.

There's an old coaching paradox that many good coaches have struggled with when trying to decide how far to go with dealing with a troublesome student-athlete:

"There no athletic program that's worth more than one single kid ....

and there's no one single kid that's worth more than an entire athletic program"

My rights where yours begin ... and vice versa;

lotsa folks tend or like to forget that second part.

I believe what is right is for them to compete with their birth and LEGAL gender. If we start conforming to the needs of the mentally ill to feel normal, we become Hollywood. This is not a religious, political or moral stance. This stance is for the safety of all athletes. A boy who identifies as a girl, who is allowed to compete with a girl will have certain physical advantages that men and boys are naturally born with. A girl who identifies as a boy and competes with the boys is prone to major injury due to that same factor.

Now back to the mental illness part. This IS treated as a mental illness. They may think its normal. Our formal administration tried to make it normal. BUT it is still treated in the medical world as a psychological illness. Their mind alters hormone production to create estrogen or testosterone when its not needed or normal for their gender. This is usually triggered by a suppressed childhood trauma or AUTISM.

Spoken like a true Obama liberal! Out dated view? I guess you agree with Obama and Oprah that there is more than one way to heaven? I better stop or there will be a protest or an excuse for some group to take a day off this week.

• Like 1

The more publicity this gets, the more likely the outsiders will jump at the opportunity to stir the pot to further their own personal agendas.

Those outsiders could care less for the kid, the UIL, or the rest of the Texas kids that it could adversely affect. They only care about bringing their abnormalities into the mainstream norm.

When the law suit happens, the ACLU will be more than happy to take up the legal part. That won't be the case for the UIL.

Hope they don't crater just because it involves money for legal representation.

• Like 1

Doesn't make it legit cause the world getting worse. It's not as simple as standard homosexual . There isn't a competitive advantage in that area like mav said there would be one with drug taking. It's pretty sad this is even a issue.

Not him is with the boys. Where he wanted to be in the first place.

Spoken like a true Obama liberal! Out dated view? I guess you agree with Obama and Oprah that there is more than one way to heaven? I better stop or there will be a protest or an excuse for some group to take a day off this week.

Sir you can call me whatever you want. I don't care. That I don't hate anyone for trying to live their own life. That includes you. You have fun with the judgment of others.