UIL and Transgendered Athletes

Stoney

Gonna make some unhappy, but here goes. If anyone in any way attempts to alter their birth sex, they should not be allowed to compete in any UIL sport. Its not meant to be predudice. Any change gives an advantage to the sport they compete in after the change. Now lets say they change from female to male and are allowed to compete with males. What about the mental instability in could cause to a male who loses to a "girl" who has been changed to a male. Lots to think about. Whatever your birth certificate says is where you compete. Our society is so fearful of hurting someones feelings. COMMON SENSE should prevail. What about the child molester who says its his choice or preference. Who would sit still for stupidity like that, absolutely noone I hope. Our society is getting sicker by the day because we sit idly by and pretend everything is OK. Just do the right thing. The right thing is identified, just have to be willing to accept it. Thank you that is all

If she wants to be a man, let her be a man. Let's be honest, nobody can stop her/him?

However, when an individual starts taking testosterone or some type of performance enhancer, I don't care if they are gay, straight, or transgender, they should not be allowed to participate in athletics.

• Like 1

I fixed it for you. If I go lay out in the sun and get a dark tan, can I then identify as black or Mexican? I mean I guess I could identify whatever I wanted, but I would still be white.

You can change your color if you want, but if you are taking something that is against UIL rules, then you shouldn't be able to participate.

I travel regularly. I had a neighbor I grew up with who turned out to be trans. And is a brilliant tech lady in Ft. Worth. Different from you =\= mentally ill.

Obviously she is........

What's insane is I actually agree that this kid shouldn't be allowed to compete if he's taking testosterone/steroids. Of course he shouldn't.

SHE shouldn't.....

Btw, the suicide rate would drop considerably IF YOU'D TREAT THEM LIKE HUMAN BEINGS!!!

Actually, that is false.

"As for the notion that only a mean society creates suicidal transgender people, statistics show this is nonsense. For transgender people who say they are only “occasionally” identified as transgender or gender-non-conforming (GNC), 41 percent have attempted suicide. Even among those who say they are “never” identified as transgender or GNC, 36 percent try to commit suicide. In other words, transgenderism is a horrific mental disorder, not the fault of a cruel societal construct. The only real and cruel societal construct is the notion that biological sex and gender are separate and independent."

"‘Sex change’ is biologically impossible. People who undergo sex-reassignment surgery do not change from men to women or vice versa. Rather, they become feminized men or masculinized women. Claiming that this is civil-rights matter and encouraging surgical intervention is in reality to collaborate with and promote a mental disorder." - Dr. Paul McHugh - Head of Psychiatry at Johns Hopkins University.

• Like 1

If she wants to be a man, let her be a man. Let's be honest, nobody can stop her/him?

However, when an individual starts taking testosterone or some type of performance enhancer, I don't care if they are gay, straight, or transgender, they should not be allowed to participate in athletics.

Exactly! Let people be who they want to be and leave them alone. BUT...you can't take drugs that would otherwise be considered performance enhancing. We ALL agree with that, absolutely.

But as people...as fellow human beings...they deserve respect and compassion.

Exactly! Let people be who they want to be and leave them alone. BUT...you can't take drugs that would otherwise be considered performance enhancing. We ALL agree with that, absolutely.

But as people...as fellow human beings...they deserve respect and compassion.

I don't agree with the way they are choosing to live their life, but it's not my right to condemn them just because it doesn't align with what I believe.

I'm glad we agree that taking drugs and playing sports is not right. After all, that is the real problem being addressed in this thread.

• Like 1

Ok, so if SHE wants to be a boy so bad, why is she wrestling in the girls division? If you ask me, SHE used the whole transgendered deal to "legally"take steroids to win the girls division. Regardless, If SHE thinks she's a male, why is she wrestling females instead of males? Again, using "transgendered" as an excuse to cheat.

She definitely wants to compete with the boys. I know that for a fact.

I don't agree with the way they are choosing to live their life, but it's not my right to condemn them just because it doesn't align with what I believe.

I'm glad we agree that taking drugs and playing sports is not right. After all, that is the real problem being addressed in this thread.

This is a respectable approach. Others, take note.

• Like 1

It's not mental illness that causes their suicide. It's from reading things that people like you all say about them.

Trans = pedophile?

Why don't you freedom thumpers let people be...ya know...free? Or does only work for the people you're comfortable with? Some of you need to get out of East Texas and open your minds up.

If you don't think mental illness causes suicide, then you do not know enough about suicide to even talk about it.

its funny that steve agrees with you but disagrees with me... when we are in a way saying the same thing. They could live their life as a transgender, but pretending its not a mental illness when research proves otherwise is ignorant. Pretending that suicide happens from a normal thought process of someone who is thinking rational thoughts is laughable and downright stupid.

Bullying leads to mental illness and irrational thoughts that lead to normalizing suicide as an acceptable way out. That is not normal.

Steve, my wife is a Licensed Psychologist. I know more about this mess than I ever care to. Again, we don't care how people live their lives in my family. Gay, straight, man, woman, trans... they are all souls that can be saved. However, we know the difference between illness and natural in my house.

The political and religious discussion on this thread are ridiculous IMHO.

It's amazing how we make something that IMHO is easy to fix into brain surgery.

If you are born and girl and want to be a boy... and want to participate in athletics.... fine. Compete with the boys.

If you are born a boy and want to be a girl... and want to participate in athletics....fine. You still get to compete against the boys.

Problem solved.

See how easy that was?

No one needed a psychiatrist, a minister, an exorcist, or political rally to solve the issue.

I may be under-thinking it..... but over thinking things is what's got us in this mess to begin with.

God says otherwise.....you are in the BIBLE BELT, sir....we will not compromise our beliefs or our faith for liberal feel-good BS......the FACT that they have such a high rate of suicide is evidence of mental illness....instead of telling them everything's ok, maybe they should be given the proper care to help them with said mental illness......you guys that just want to leave them alone are showing no love, compassion, or concern for their well being whatsoever......

The political and religious discussion on this thread are ridiculous IMHO.

It's amazing how we make something that IMHO is easy to fix into brain surgery.

If you are born and girl and want to be a boy... and want to participate in athletics.... fine. Compete with the boys.

If you are born a boy and want to be a girl... and want to participate in athletics....fine. You still get to compete against the boys.

Problem solved.

See how easy that was?

No one needed a psychiatrist, a minister, an exorcist, or political rally to solve the issue.

I may be under-thinking it..... but over thinking things is what's got us in this mess to begin with.

The real issue here is people trying to tell others the way they should think and what they should believe.

its funny that steve agrees with you but disagrees with me... when we are in a way saying the same thing. They could live their life as a transgender, but pretending its not a mental illness when research proves otherwise is ignorant. Pretending that suicide happens from a normal thought process of someone who is thinking rational thoughts is laughable and downright stupid.

Bullying leads to mental illness and irrational thoughts that lead to normalizing suicide as an acceptable way out. That is not normal.

Steve, my wife is a Licensed Psychologist. I know more about this mess than I ever care to. Again, we don't care how people live their lives in my family. Gay, straight, man, woman, trans... they are all souls that can be saved. However, we know the difference between illness and natural in my house.

I consider it a mental illness. I haven't really given my two cents on the issue in this thread because I was focusing more on the playing sports and taking performance enhancers topic.

But since we are talking about it... I use to have to go to a psychiatrist and take pills with the most wicked side effects for what I was dealing with mentally. So I'm familiar with mental illnesses too. Certainly bullying can have an effect on suicide with those who are trans, but for the most part as statistics show, a large percentage of suicide rates among the trans community come from just being mentally unstable. You can feel like "a woman trapped in a man's body" or vice-versa and go through the surgeries and such to feel more validated, but in the end, they are still the gender that they are born with. And I personally believe that causes a lot of confusion. You have half the people encouraging it and the other half telling you it's not right.

As far as how we are suppose to treat them, I'm a Christian and I believe we show them the love that Jesus showed us on the cross. I don't condone that lifestyle, but like you said Mav, they are souls that can be saved. But if they want this equality they demand, they will get it. And if you are using certain drugs to help with you with your mental illness, and those are against the rules of the UIL or NCAA or whatever it is, you should not participate until cleared. If you want to keep playing sports, stop taking the enhancers until you're not active in athletics or competition.

• Like 1

I consider it a mental illness. I haven't really given my two cents on the issue in this thread because I was focusing more on the playing sports and taking performance enhancers topic.

But since we are talking about it... I use to have to go to a psychiatrist and take pills with the most wicked side effects for what I was dealing with mentally. So I'm familiar with mental illnesses too. Certainly bullying can have an effect on suicide with those who are trans, but for the most part as statistics show, a large percentage of suicide rates among the trans community come from just being mentally unstable. You can feel like "a woman trapped in a man's body" or vice-versa and go through the surgeries and such to feel more validated, but in the end, they are still the gender that they are born with. And I personally believe that causes a lot of confusion. You have half the people encouraging it and the other half telling you it's not right.

As far as how we are suppose to treat them, I'm a Christian and I believe we show them the love that Jesus showed us on the cross. I don't condone that lifestyle, but like you said Mav, they are souls that can be saved. But if they want this equality they demand, they will get it. And if you are using certain drugs to help with you with your mental illness, and those are against the rules of the UIL or NCAA or whatever it is, you should not participate until cleared. If you want to keep playing sports, stop taking the enhancers until you're not active in athletics or competition.

Exactly... and people thinking that their lifestyle is not normal is as equal as them thinking and saying it is. It's America. Things can go both ways. The day that we can't speak our minds based on our religion, morals or personal preference is the day that this is not America anymore.

Being treated with respect is something you earn. Not a birth right... the LGBT community can learn a lot from that statement

• Like 2

Exactly... and people thinking that their lifestyle is not normal is as equal as them thinking and saying it is. It's America. Things can go both ways. The day that we can't speak our minds based on our religion, morals or personal preference is the day that this is not America anymore.

Being treated with respect is something you earn. Not a birth right... the LGBT community can learn a lot from that statement

I agree 100% with you there.

Btw, gender and sex are two different things.

Depends on if you are talking to a transgender person or not. I get that in today's world that gender has become "who you identify as" but 8 years ago they were the same thing outside of the psychology world

Just my Own personal opinion of why the suicide rate is high among LGBTQ individuals, & I knew Several who have committed suicide, is the fact they each knew what they were born to be, yet were consumed by guilt or shame or lonliness because they Wanted to be the Opposite of what they were Created to be.