UIL and Transgendered Athletes

Stoney

Here's the bottom line from a competitive standpoint, someone taking testosterone has a competitive advantage over females, that can't be denied. IMO the UIL will have no choice but to modify the rules to account for these situations and the rule would likely be similar to the NCAA rules where you can "play up" but you can't play down. I.E. a female taking testosterone would have to compete with boys, but boys can't compete with girls under any circumstance.

I'll leave the political and religious discussions to everyone else because its a waste of time to debate it, no one is changing anyone's mind about it either way through a keyboard argument.

• Like 2

I may be in the minority here but I dont care. If you are going to change your self into something that is not on your birth certificate then you shouldnt be allowed to compete at all. Your a freak, freaks belong in the circus, not on the field of play.

Now in todays soft as a bunny society that will never happen. But thats my view.

• Like 2

I may be in the minority here but I dont care. If you are going to change your self into something that is not on your birth certificate then you shouldnt be allowed to compete at all. Your a freak, freaks belong in the circus, not on the field of play.

Now in todays soft as a bunny society that will never happen. But thats my view.

You are safely in the majority here........

We are TOLD to make RIGHTEOUS JUDGMENTS..... had you actually studied His Word, you'd know that.....a RIGHTEOUS JUDGMENT is one based upon HIS WORD......HIS WORD clearly condemns homosexuality as debased and unnatural......a sin.....you are judged by HIS WORD......I wouldn't be looking forward to the last day if I were you, sinner.......

Luke 12:57English Standard Version (ESV)

57 “And why do you not judge for yourselves what is right?

John 7:24English Standard Version (ESV)

24 Do not judge by appearances, but judge with right judgment.”

John 12:48English Standard Version (ESV)

48 The one who rejects me and does not receive my words has a judge; the word that I have spoken will judge him on the last day.

1 Corinthians 2:15English Standard Version (ESV)

15 The spiritual person judges all things, but is himself to be judged by no one.

1 Corinthians 6:3English Standard Version (ESV)

3 Do you not know that we are to judge angels? How much more, then, matters pertaining to this life!

I was going to start posting the numerous Bible verses regarding judging others in righteousness, but it looks like you beat me to it. Some would rather turn the Bible into what they want it to say, but not read it to know that one scripture does not pertain to everything, especially when it comes to sin.

I was going to start posting the numerous Bible verses regarding judging others in righteousness, but it looks like you beat me to it. Some would rather turn the Bible into what they want it to say, but not read it to know that one scripture does not pertain to everything, especially when it comes to sin.

Exactly.....you have to be a DISCIPLE, which means you have to STUDY His Word to find the Truth.........

• Like 1

Here's the bottom line from a competitive standpoint, someone taking testosterone has a competitive advantage over females, that can't be denied. IMO the UIL will have no choice but to modify the rules to account for these situations and the rule would likely be similar to the NCAA rules where you can "play up" but you can't play down. I.E. a female taking testosterone would have to compete with boys, but boys can't compete with girls under any circumstance.

I'll leave the political and religious discussions to everyone else because its a waste of time to debate it, no one is changing anyone's mind about it either way through a keyboard argument.

Agreed!

I agree that taking the testosterone shouldn't be allowed. It's unfortunate for the person who's making the transition to who they feel they are, but it's a well reasoned rule.

With that said, some of you need to realize you're talking about kids on here. Children. Youth who are constantly growing and developing both physically and mentally. You think teenagers are already insecure about themselves to begin with? No other group of people have a higher suicide rate than trans people. So try to be decent human beings.

I agree that taking the testosterone shouldn't be allowed. It's unfortunate for the person who's making the transition to who they feel they are, but it's a well reasoned rule.

With that said, some of you need to realize you're talking about kids on here. Children. Youth who are constantly growing and developing both physically and mentally. You think teenagers are already insecure about themselves to begin with? No other group of people have a higher suicide rate than trans people. So try to be decent human beings.

That just shows that their mental illness should be treated, not enabled.........standing up for GOD'S Word is not being an indecent human being........

• Like 2

The 2nd highest suicide rate are our veterans...you gonna talk about them the same way? I didn't think so. Let people live their lives and quit pretending like you know everything. You wouldn't dare walk a mile in these people's shoes.

Vets are treated like human beings... so what point are trying to say? It works for one group of people but not the other?

Mental illness follow both groups of people and they should all be provided with the proper mental care. It's not about making these people feel normal... they will never be normal... it's about letting them learn how to deal with their adversity and learn rational over irrational behaviors.

Let's not be ignorant on this subject and pretend a boy wanting to be a girl is normal or natural or a vet that has killed or seen his brothers killed is normal.

• Like 1

The 2nd highest suicide rate are our veterans...you gonna talk about them the same way?

Yes, their mental illness should be treated as well.........

Treat trans people like human beings...because they are.

Definitely....get them the help they need to in order to overcome their mental illness.......

It's not mental illness that causes their suicide. It's from reading things that people like you all say about them.

Trans = pedophile?

Why don't you freedom thumpers let people be...ya know...free? Or does only work for the people you're comfortable with? Some of you need to get out of East Texas and open your minds up.

• Like 1

It's not mental illness that causes their suicide. It's from reading things that people like you all say about them.

Trans = pedophile?

Why don't you freedom thumpers let people be...ya know...free? Or does only work for the people you're comfortable with? Some of you need to get out of East Texas and open your minds up.

I read things on here all day that people say about me.....I'm not suicidal because I'm not mentally ill...........they suffer from mental illness and it needs to be treated so they can live a normal life.......

We are not brainwashed by the liberal BS you have evidently allowed yourself to be manipulated by.....maybe it's you who should move.....possibly to California where you'd fit in better......:P

What's insane is I actually agree that this kid shouldn't be allowed to compete if she's taking testosterone/steroids. Of course she shouldn't.

That doesn't mean we can't show the person respect.

I fixed it for you. If I go lay out in the sun and get a dark tan, can I then identify as black or Mexican? I mean I guess I could identify whatever I wanted, but I would still be white.