Congratulations to the Winnsboro Lady Raiders

BigRedFan

They outlasted the MP Lady Red DEVILS by a score of 36-34. From what I understand it was a game for the season. The Lady Raiders now advance to the Regional Tournament at Rockwall Heath Friday night.

Good luck girls.

Congratulations! MPCH has a great team! Good luck in the next round!!

• Like 1

They won because MPCH shot 17% the first half and had 2 players with the flu. MPCH two best players #3 and #13 had points, they average 32 points a game between them. WLR may get past Alba, but the next one, " turn out the lights the party is over !

Why people loathe Chapel Hill. Bunch of crybabies, that make excuses, and can't give credit to the other team and for being a basketball only school ain't that great as the season progresses.

If #3 and #13 had the flu, then why did #12 not play more?? MPCH scored 5 or 6 points in a row every time she came into the game. Hate that some of the girls had the flu, but regardless the Lady Raiders won! I was impressed by the start of the game, haven't seen them do that all year. On to the next one!

They won because MPCH shot 17% the first half and had 2 players with the flu. MPCH two best players #3 and #13 had points, they average 32 points a game between them. WLR may get past Alba, but the next one, " turn out the lights the party is over !

The best player on the court was #12. No disrespect to #3 and #13 but #12 was the best player in the gym last night and i couldnt fathom how she didnt play every single second of the game. The reality is, W thought the game was over at halftime and stopped playing in the second half. If they can put 4 complete quarters together, then they have a good chance to win friday night. Sophomores really stepping up lately, awesome to see.

• Like 1

Didn't Jordan have one of his better games. with the flu???

Why people loathe Chapel Hill. Bunch of crybabies, that make excuses, and can't give credit to the other team and for being a basketball only school ain't that great as the season progresses.

Basketball only program and how many times have either the boys or girls even made it to the regional tournament? Let alone the state tournament. Great win for Winnsboro, Heavily sophomore team. Watch out for them.

#12 Crane had the flu and is normally a starter. She is a freshman and did not start and only played a couple of minutes in the first half, came in for the first time with under a minute to go in the first quarter and scored CH's first two points of the game. She played her heart out in the second half. The other girl with the flu did not see the court and is a backup post player and a freshman as well. Congrats and good luck to Winnsboro against Alba Friday night.

One of the parents after the game said MPCH #12 was fever and flu all day. But MPCH had a heck of a come back. It don't matter neither team can beat Sunnyvale !

This is great. Expert troll but still doesnt even get the facts right. AG beat Sunnyvale in case you missed it.

• Like 1

#12 Crane had the flu and is normally a starter. She is a freshman and did not start and only played a couple of minutes in the first half, came in for the first time with under a minute to go in the first quarter and scored CH's first two points of the game. She played her heart out in the second half. The other girl with the flu did not see the court and is a backup post player and a freshman as well. Congrats and good luck to Winnsboro against Alba Friday night.

She is an outstanding player. Hate that she had the flu but that is part of life, just came at an unfortunate time.

• Like 1

Basketball only school only pertains to the boys. CH offers everything for the girls. CH does not have a football program and I assume that is where the basketball only conversation starts. As to how many appearances they have in the regional tournament, I cannot answer, but it is very few and that same question gets asked a lot about the boys program.

BTW-Sunnyvale is now playing softball with CH, so we will never know if either can beat Sunnyvale.

• Like 1

Basketball only program and how many times have either the boys or girls even made it to the regional tournament? Let alone the state tournament. Great win for Winnsboro, Heavily sophomore team. Watch out for them.

The switch is starting to flip on for some of them and the others are making strides towards that same switch. Last two games, two different sophomores have stepped up and helped carry the team to victories. Lets be honest, it will take a great effort from all of the players regardless of age to be successful in Rockwall

The switch is starting to flip on for some of them and the others are making strides towards that same switch. Last two games, two different sophomores have stepped up and helped carry the team to victories. Lets be honest, it will take a great effort from all of the players regardless of age to be successful in Rockwall

MV creates a very bad matchup with W with their plethora of inside players and big shot making outside. Both games were very competitive for at least a half or more but MV was able to pull away towards the end of both taking advantage of the height discrepancy of the two teams and making more plays then the lady raiders. If and thats a big IF these two teams play again, i look for another competitive game and who knows who would come out on top. But as we all know, both teams have tough games on friday night to focus on before any of that talk arises.

Didn't Mt Vernon beat the WLR's ? So AG vs Winnsborro and Pottsborro vs My Vernon. I predict AG vs Pittsboro final !

Let me help you with some of your spelling. It's Alba-Golden vs Winnsboro and Pottsboro vs Mt. Vernon. I've heard that Winnsboro and Alba will play at 6:00 followed by the Mt. Vernon game at 8:00 at Rockwall Heath. I'm looking forward to watching some good basketball this weekend.

• Like 1

OLD MAN Why do you wait to the playoffs to even mention Winnsboro and when you do you put them down along with Tatum.

I guess in your estimation that Winnsboro should not be where they are if Tatum beat them by 15. If you were at that game you would realize that Tatum had some help. Js.