Tatum Boys Basketball

admirala1

I just find out last night. Tatum Boys Basketball finish 15-20 this year first losing season in over 10 years. 15-20 this wasn't directions that i was hoping for. I bet the next couple years it will get worst unless Brett Carr and his staff do something about this and get their boys back in a winning shape before it gets worst or Brett Carr needs to retire again he just not the winning type like he use to years ago. By the way i bet the JV, Freshman, 8th Grade, and 7th Grade team got worst this year. Because not a single won't make those boys win. Except they don't have a 3pt shooter or no one is over 6'5.

They were competitive and played hard ... Eight games were lost by 6 or less ... and that was with what was said about not having a tall power threat inside and a hot shooter outside. Squad included Four Seniors ... Four Juniors ... 2 Sophomores

I just find out last night. Tatum Boys Basketball finish 15-20 this year first losing season in over 10 years. 15-20 this wasn't directions that i was hoping for. I bet the next couple years it will get worst unless Brett Carr and his staff do something about this and get their boys back in a winning shape before it gets worst or Brett Carr needs to retire again he just not the winning type like he use to years ago. By the way i bet the JV, Freshman, 8th Grade, and 7th Grade team got worst this year. Because not a single won't make those boys win. Except they don't have a 3pt shooter or no one is over 6'5.

I just read "Here's your sign"

I watched Tatum play four games this year and thought the coaching staff did a great job...Tatum had one post that could score and that was about it...kids played hard did not beat themselves and were not out of position on def & offense that is always the sign of a well coached team...

• Like 1

ADMIRALA 1,

If you just found out last night that Tatum finished 15-20, then you ain't much of a fan.

If you supported your team then you would have known what their record was at the end of the season.not 2 weeks after

It sickens me that people are so disloyal and just country stupid

• Like 1

The post up above says a lot but you are probably friends of that guy that bashes Tatum because he got the score run up on him when he was a coach.

He doesn't have any good feelings for White Oak either.

A couple starters were out most of the season for grades. A college dual credit course that the coach couldn't check on.

I don't voice my opinion much on Smoaky but this fires me up. I have known the Tatum coach his entire career and have had the pleasure of coaching against him many times. Nobody gets their kids to play harder. Both he and his asst bring a wealth of knowledge to the game and have had great success in every program in which they have been involved. Tatum will be a force again very soon with their great leadership. I really can't stand people that bash coaches that dedicate their life, not just a career, to building character in young men and women in a community. Keep up the good work Coach.

• Like 3

Coach Carr is a good coach, I am sure the record this year has a little to do with the competition and not coaching. This isnt 3A anymore its 4A. And 4A with top ranked Center in your district.

4A is really the old 3A. They just named 6 man 1A.

Carr is a great coach, IMO.

You be crazy. One of the best in East Texas. FB killing basketball in East Texas. UOS..............

Coach Carr is a good coach, I am sure the record this year has a little to do with the competition and not coaching. This isnt 3A anymore its 4A. And 4A with top ranked Center in your district.

Tatum and Carr has played in the drum in 3A which is currently 4A..... Nothing new here.

• Like 1

Pretty sure this is true. Big money man around campus from what Ive heard.

Heard he was going to spend Spring Break in South Florida. he might like the weather better and receive a lucrative offer. But would have to be one he couldn't turn down because he really likes it at Big Sandy. an NFL coach got his start there a solid stepping stone.

• 2 weeks later...