New Boston job is open

dillonpanthers

The search is on. NB has in the past hired from within but will go out side the system. They have been down the last couple of years after a several year run. I think the right person can after a couple of years do fine. This is a shock to me to say the least. Buddy Ray left for JB earlier from the D.C. Position and Jamie ran the O for the most part. Almost starting from ground zero. Being such a small school I wonder who will be interested in the job.

The Supt is tough to work with. This has been coming since she arrived. Lots of turnover in NBISD last couple of years. On 3rd HS principal.

Exactly what I have heard too!! Anybody that is going after this one should talk with some of the coaches that have left.

May be time for the SB to take a hard look at things. A unhappy workforce will have an impact on the school an especially the students. Down the road it will begin to show up in the state mandated test scores. She may not think sports are important but there has been many lose their jobs for that reason. Ultimately the voters have the last say by who they put on the SB.

New Boston seems like a great community. Hope they find a good coach seems like it would be a good place to coach and live.

New Boston seems like a great community. Hope they find a good coach seems like it would be a good place to coach and live.

I know nothing about the super excep she is not comparable to who she replaced. I will not comment on that. I do know for a fact that your subs have to respect u not live in your shadow or u will fail. Being military I am especially sensitive to this. You can not lead those who won't follow. If this is an isolated thing and the teachers love her,ok. If is spread through out the school tha SB should change her like skid marked underware

The search for a new AD should be far and wide. Coming off a semi-state loss in 2013 was the best opportunity to bring in a top notch candidate. Now after a 4 wins in 2 years I don't know who will want to come unless the compensation offered is extremely high.

Not too many coaches left in NB but I hope Coach Hill (basketball, track) will be staying.

They ought to turn their attention to Blake Worley from Pleasant Grove. The guy has coached on both the offensive and defensive side of the ball as an OC and linebackers coach. His background is diverse enough to be able to run a successful program as a whole while turning around a football program that has struggled recently. He would also be a long term guy and not someone just using New Boston as a stepping stone.

The search for a new AD should be far and wide. Coming off a semi-state loss in 2013 was the best opportunity to bring in a top notch candidate. Now after a 4 wins in 2 years I don't know who will want to come unless the compensation offered is extremely high.

Not too many coaches left in NB but I hope Coach Hill (basketball, track) will be staying.

New blood who has time to coach up and inspire the young ones would be great. The talant is here It just needs to be managed from the7th thru 12. Great opportunity to make a name. I still vote to lose the Sup

They ought to turn their attention to Blake Worley from Pleasant Grove. The guy has coached on both the offensive and defensive side of the ball as an OC and linebackers coach. His background is diverse enough to be able to run a successful program as a whole while turning around a football program that has struggled recently. He would also be a long term guy and not someone just using New Boston as a stepping stone.

When was he an OC? Looked the guy up, his bio says 11 years in PG 1 in Palestine. Was he an OC at PG then got demoted? Don't know the guy, just curious.

I know Daniel Swaim has been fielding many offers for coaching to ag teaching and bus driving as well. But I know he loves the north east Texas area. So his could be the job that has the most attraction to him. If you could cut a deal with Pittsburg and throw in some hot links or a pancake the size of a plate for 50 cents he will be all over that job like a rat on a potato chip. Also his coaching will shave .3 off of every new Boston athlete 40 yard dash time.

When was he an OC? Looked the guy up, his bio says 11 years in PG 1 in Palestine. Was he an OC at PG then got demoted? Don't know the guy, just curious.

I can't remember the years but they were running the triple option and that may be a good fit for New Boston. It doesn't require the "stud" skill players, just smart disciplined kids that wont ever quit and it kind of seems like that sounds like New Boston in recent years.

The new AD shouldn't have ties to the area. If the pay is right he will come.