New Boston job is open

dillonpanthers

Assistant OC? He is either the OC or a position coach. So what is he?

He is a damn fine Coach, and knows how to win. We were blessed to have him for a couple of years here at Pewitt. He will coach the heck outta the boys, but most importantly he will be a great influence on the kids he coaches. Our Srs were 8th and 9th graders when he was here, and they still love their Coach York. What else can you ask for?

• Like 2

and regarding the talent level at NB,,,,,,,,, Oleman knows darn well NOBODY has more respect for NB than I but having said that those that are saying there is nothing wrong with talent level better check again, sorry but at this time your varsity from the last two years is NOTHING as good as that awesome run of studs you had a few years ago. On the last two teams there was nobody that would have taken a job away from the team that beat DF in Round 4 three years ago. Now maybe you have some kids coming up I do not know about that. Just giving an objective opinion.

and regarding the talent level at NB,,,,,,,,, Oleman knows darn well NOBODY has more respect for NB than I but having said that those that are saying there is nothing wrong with talent level better check again, sorry but at this time your varsity from the last two years is NOTHING as good as that awesome run of studs you had a few years ago. On the last two teams there was nobody that would have taken a job away from the team that beat DF in Round 4 three years ago. Now maybe you have some kids coming up I do not know about that. Just giving an objective opinion.

NB has been down the last two years. I think they had more potential than showed. The O line had size but just were not in good shape. Had a really good OB and a pretty good running back. Not much help from the line killed them. The overall Team speed is way down as well. In a down cycle just like the Tigers went thru. The blood line is still here from the strong teams. I understand there is some talant moving thru the lower grades. The issue at NB is number of kids that come out. Usually around the mid sixties. Low for a school which hovers around 400 kids. The band maintains around 100 kids but some do both. We really need a coach that can get more kids out. NB has a lot kids with talant to be taped sittin the stands. DF has more come out than NB with a much smaller school. JB nearly matched our numbers last year.

NB has been down the last two years. I think they had more potential than showed. The O line had size but just were not in good shape. Had a really good OB and a pretty good running back. Not much help from the line killed them. The overall Team speed is way down as well. In a down cycle just like the Tigers went thru. The blood line is still here from the strong teams. I understand there is some talant moving thru the lower grades. The issue at NB is number of kids that come out. Usually around the mid sixties. Low for a school which hovers around 400 kids. The band maintains around 100 kids but some do both. We really need a coach that can get more kids out. NB has a lot kids with talant to be taped sittin the stands. DF has more come out than NB with a much smaller school. JB nearly matched our numbers last year.

I would agree with that assessment.

And to those who are being critical of a Coach on Celina's staff, #1 you do not have a clue what you are talking about, I know both the Coach in question, I know the HC at Celina, and know for a fact that he IS what he claims to be. And secondly this is not the Celina of old. They DO throw the ball a little bit more than average for a HS Team of their size. They just sent a kid to play QB at UNC and if you think that Fedora recruited a kid to play QB that only handed the ball off or ran it you have another thing coming.

• Like 1

I know of several people who have left NB in the last couple of years that were outstanding educators. Multiple Principals and teachers leaving is a sign of one thing. It is either a lousy community to work in or there is lousy leadership.

NB is NOT a lousy community to work and live in so.......

Heard any rumors within the coaching brotherhood