Winnsboro Baseball

chevyman

I watched them shutout a pretty good Hughes Springs team last week. The pitcher did a lights out job of a complete game. Didn't walk a kid if I remember correctly.

This young man was the best HS has seen all year. Had a tough time adjusting.

Do any of these baseball players from Winnsboro have any Greg Pearson DNA? I have heard that Pearson could impregnate a woman with only a look. If that is the case would explain why the baseball team is off to such a good start.

Do any of these baseball players from Winnsboro have any Greg Pearson DNA? I have heard that Pearson could impregnate a woman with only a look. If that is the case would explain why the baseball team is off to such a good start.

Im not sure about that one. Outstanding pitching and improving hitting is the main cog of a successful start.

Red Raiders defeated Prairiland 6-2 on friday night 3/31 scoring 5 runs in the bottom of the 6th inning. Another solid outing for sophomore pitcher Gearner. 16-2 (6-0 in district play)

Also as a side note, Greg Pearson himself was in attendance on friday night cheering on the raiders.

If Pearson was really there then Winnsboro would have scored 22 runs. So I doubt this

quote name="chevyman" post="2520190" timestamp="1491253149"]

Red Raiders defeated Prairiland 6-2 on friday night 3/31 scoring 5 runs in the bottom of the 6th inning. Another solid outing for sophomore pitcher Gearner. 16-2 (6-0 in district play)

Also as a side note, Greg Pearson himself was in attendance on friday night cheering on the raiders.

• Like 1

This is a good bunch of spitters and scratchers that Winnsboro has seen in a while. Shoot they can stand around with the best of em. Shoot Greg Parson was at the game and was standing around with em, and I saw these kids could spit from the dugout to the infield grass sitting down!!! Remember though before we get way to much excited that Greg could hit the infield grass while sitting in the dugout to, but he could scratch with his lefthand while doing it. Chew tobacoo and spit if you aint from Winnsboro you aint it!

Greg could spit in the infield dirt and the next day there would be a full village of ants and grasshoppers livin in harmony where the first spot of siliva hit the ground. I think that was why the coach made him wear tape over his mouth when he was playing. He was ruining the field.

• Like 1

Greg could spit in the infield dirt and the next day there would be a full village of ants and grasshoppers livin in harmony where the first spot of siliva hit the ground. I think that was why the coach made him wear tape over his mouth when he was playing. He was ruining the field.

I remember being at a Winnsboro football game when I was no bigger then knee high to a grasshopper, and I thought shoot it sure is windy, but then the real pretty head cheerleader from another town (whose team was not even at the game) told me that it aint windy, Greg Person just runs like the wind. Then she gave me a dip of snuff and I thought wow! Pretty and sophisticated.

Raiders took advantage of a blown call by the umpires. Double play should have ended the inning but both umpires didn't see 3rd baseman step on 3rd before throwing it home. Then you know what happens when you get another chance. Base hit game over

Raiders took advantage of a blown call by the umpires. Double play should have ended the inning but both umpires didn't see 3rd baseman step on 3rd before throwing it home. Then you know what happens when you get another chance. Base hit game over

I personally didnt have a good vantage point to see if he stepped on the bag or not. I know once he got the ball and then threw home, i could only assume it was going to be a double play but i was surprised to see them say that he didnt. Unfortunate break for the patriots but good fortune for the raiders. The second half of district play has been a big nemesis over the last several years for winny. There has been multiple times where they started off the first half undefeated just as they have this year but then were unable to sustain that success the second time around. Will be interesting to see how they do this year

Did both refs miss it or did the kid not step on the bag?