Top 10 best all time basketball coaches in East Texas

Cougar12345

Wonder has the best winning record of HS basketball coaches is in Tex. They should have tracked it somewhere

1)..Robert Hughes--- Fort Worth Dunbar 1161---219

2)..Clyde Carlisle---Clarksville---1103---317

3)..Sammie Koudelka---Moulton---1103---381

4)...Bill Krueger---Clear lake---1096---250

5)...John Guice---Midway---1018---504

6)...Carl Irlbeck---Hart---1014---449

7)...Robert capello---Edcouch-Elsa---996---456

8)...C.E. "Nig" Womack---Hawley---896---127

9)...Don Coleman---Houston Memorial---892---331

10)...Ray DeBord---L.D.Bell,Hurst---891---396

Other East Texas coaches

Ken Loyd---Avinger---851---419

Jesse Walker---Lufkin/Zavalla---848---442

Lester King---Goodrich---696---308

Jerry Cassell---Van---691---402

Gary Surratt---Tyler All Saints---639---453

Larry Jones---Tyler Lee---527---302

Tobin Reid---Big Sandy---503---274

Kevin Boykin---Karnack---498---250

Carl Love---John Tyler---464---243

Henry Thomas---Lewisville---459---251

Darrin Gleghorn---Hallsville---455---141

Jay Jameson---Edgewood---451---122

Wally Dawkins---Whitehouse---445---208

Rick Flanagan---Longview Pinetree---435---184

This could be a long list and go WAY back:

Jack Whitton----West Sabine, Huntington

Jim Foreman-Hudson

CL Nix--Whitehouse

Cotton Robinson-Buna

Marion Neill-Broaddus

Benny Gupton-Laneville

Ken Loyd-Avinger

Bill Ingram-LaPoynor

Carl Allen-Sabine

Leroy Romines-Longview

Jesse Walker-Lukfin

And I'm sure there are more

• Like 1

G. Wake Wood

Crazy ears...great coach. He and Carlisle from Clarksville are the 2 I think of on the men's side. Women's side it's Buddy Hawkins from Winnsboro and that crazy lady from Cooper in the mid 90's I can't think of her name. She would stomp the court in those high heels.

It was just announced this afternoon that Robert Hughes the all time leader in wins by a high school coach along with 2 time NBA scoring champion Tracy McGrady, Chicago Bull's executive Jerry Krause, Kansas coach Bill Self, former UConn star Rebecca Lobo and Notre Dame women's coach Muffet McGraw will be inducted into the National Basketball Hall of Fame this year.

1)..Robert Hughes--- Fort Worth Dunbar 1161---219

• Like 1

Carl Allen from Sabine (Liberty City) that had some of the best teams back in the 80's and he won two State Championships. I know Rex Ray won one for my alma mater, but he went downhill in the 80's.

I agree, Carl Allen one of the best, he coached the Waskom Girls and Boys in Waskom in the mid to late 60's RIP

I hate to bring this up,but, when you start rating great coaches, I don't like putting guys who broke rules and/or got their schools put on UIL probation.......How many times was Fort Wroth Dunbar slapped with a probation while Robert Hughes coached there? Aldridge was a guy of very questionable morals to say the least. When you list great coaches, wins are important but integrity and character need to count for something

• Like 1

Carlisle for Cville is second in all time wins behind the guy from Dunbar. Don't know what skeletons he had in the closet but I do know he had a heck of a career there. Made it to Austin several times and had a couple of State Championships along the way. I do know that the parents would allow no disrespect toward the coach. Don't see that much these days

Carlisle for Cville is second in all time wins behind the guy from Dunbar. Don't know what skeletons he had in the closet but I do know he had a heck of a career there. Made it to Austin several times and had a couple of State Championships along the way. I do know that the parents would allow no disrespect toward the coach. Don't see that much these days