Is Colmesneil playing football in 2017?

neveragain

Evidently, Grapeland, Carlisle, and Overton were forced to look for ballgames in a mid-alignment year because Colmesneil said they were not going to play those schools. Are they planning on playing any games? Who did the Sandies, Indians, and Mustangs pick up for replacements?

Old man Colmesneilfan probably slashed their school bus gas budget to $20 a season.

Their players are probably wearing leather helmets and flip flops to reverse the outrageous spending habits of an out of control school board.

All games moved to Saturday afternoons to avoid paying to run the Friday night lights.

Scoreboard will go to a manual "wrigley field" type set up.

No more paint for the gridiron. Chalk is cheaper.

Yup. Sounds like his handiwork.

• Like 2

Old man Colmesneilfan probably slashed their school bus gas budget to $20 a season.

Their players are probably wearing leather helmets and flip flops to reverse the outrageous spending habits of an out of control school board.

All games moved to Saturday afternoons to avoid paying to run the Friday night lights.

:lol:

But no...confirmed that they made a totally classless move by cutting Overton, Carlisle, and Grapeland from their schedule and replacing them with teams they think they can beat.......They got one of Evadale's opponents to cancel their game for this coming season with Evadale and play Colmesneil.....This was before they played Evadale, who evidently heard about it and put up 86 on the ole dogs.......I'm betting it'll be more of the same as their staff seems to be doing everything they can to alienate everyone around them.........word of advice....if you schedule Colmesneil, make them sign a game contract.....at least you can get the UIL on them if they do this kind of thing.......

When you have little to no chance of winning anything in district, a soft AD will usually try and cover his/her ego by scheduling softer teams under the excuse of not being the one who scheduled the games of a previous regime. Teach the kids it's OK to not take any chances and only take sure things. Of course the only sure thing in places like Colmesneil is a forfeit by the opponent, but even that may go in to overtime!

• Like 1

I know that a only a short few years ago, they were riding high with a top ten team and we were in a run of 3-4 win seasons. And we made the trip down to Bugtussle, got whipped by about 50, and went home. Sorry but that's part of the game. We've been there. When you're scheduled for everyone's homecoming game, it stinks. But, you if you schedule it...you play it!!.

I know that a only a short few years ago, they were riding high with a top ten team and we were in a run of 3-4 win seasons. And we made the trip down to Bugtussle, got whipped by about 50, and went home. Sorry but that's part of the game. We've been there. When you're scheduled for everyone's homecoming game, it stinks. But, you if you schedule it...you play it!!.

• Like 1

You confused The Godfather with Bugtussle. Thought you might be referencing the Bearkats who reside just outside of Bugscuffle. But then The Godfather recalled that the Bearkats never beat the Mustangs at all much less by 50 at any point in his tenure there, so crisis averted.

You confused The Godfather with Bugtussle. Thought you might be referencing the Bearkats who reside just outside of Bugscuffle. But then The Godfather recalled that the Bearkats never beat the Mustangs at all much less by 50 at any point in his tenure there, so crisis averted.

Everyone knows that Bugscuffle High's mascot is the Arachnids!

Don't forget the Cheerleaders now wear 1 piece fullbody pant suits.

The band can only have 10 kids in it and they must sit on the visitor side on the last row.

All instrumental music must be approved by him beforehand. If he doesn't like it, they must hum it instead.

On away trips, kids must bring their own sack lunch.

Coaches call their plays through the booth where he gives the approval for the call.

Anything else I am missing? :lol:

The band can only have 10 kids in it and they must sit on the visitor side on the last row.

All instrumental music must be approved by him beforehand. If he doesn't like it, they must hum it instead.

Coaches call their plays through the booth where he gives the approval for the call.

:p

Did a certain West Hardin math teacher take over as superintendent at Colmesneil?

Colmesneil cried about teams running up the score on em, but when they beat burkeville by 40 plus at the end of the year the kids were just playing hard till the end that game.

Colmesneil cried about teams running up the score on em, but when they beat burkeville by 40 plus at the end of the year the kids were just playing hard till the end that game.

I looked this up on MaxPreps and the score was listed as 74-19....surely that cannot be right. How could anyone complain about getting beat by a large margin and then turn around and do it to someone else....must be a misprint.

• Like 1

I looked this up on MaxPreps and the score was listed as 74-19....surely that cannot be right. How could anyone complain about getting beat by a large margin and then turn around and do it to someone else....must be a misprint.

No misprint.......just totally classless........

actually schools do sign contracts but they are not worth the paper they are written on. Did not someone bail on Shelbyville a year or two ago. Nothing ever really happens to a school that bails on the contracts. The UIL is sure not equipped with the guts to do anything

If you're speaking about Tenaha, I believe they had to pay Shelbyville a reimbursement for the lost gate $$. I don't know all of the details, but I'm pretty sure there was a check written when they cancelled the contract.

It is my understanding that Carlisle will now play Timpson in Week 2, which I believe is when Colmesneil was on their schedule. Timpson only had 9 games on their schedule.

• 4 weeks later...