T-High Staff

ontheinside

Ludlow is a very good OC. If he had more experience he would have been a good option to take Harpers place as HC. He loves uptempo spread. Run to set up the pass. He did good things when Justin Hart was QB, including beating Longview. I would have loved for him to stay in Marshall as a QB coach or something. Hoping Mathis brings in a good OC because we lost a good one.

Mathis' biggest challenge will be finding assistants to go to Marshall...IMO

I agree with Matt. Marshall may be paying Mathis well but their teacher pay, while maybe on par with east Texas, cannot even compare with that of the metroplex and Houston. if an assistant coach comes to Marshall he will most likely take a pretty big pay cut.

I agree with Matt. Marshall may be paying Mathis well but their teacher pay, while maybe on par with east Texas, cannot even compare with that of the metroplex and Houston. if an assistant coach comes to Marshall he will most likely take a pretty big pay cut.

$37,000 base pay for a MISD teacher. $51,000 for a Ft Worth ISD teacher.

So yeah, the pay difference is huge, but the cost of living in Marshall is WAY WAY WAY less than safe areas to live in the Metro areas. We are talking about $20-50 less per square ft for homes. Acreage is cheaper in East Texas.

You are comparing 2 different worlds. A 2-income college-educated family in Marshall will be living the good life, while in the nicer areas of Ft Worth, you may still be looking for the right home...

Once again, Marshall is about to get some quality coordinators, likely from the metroplex. If i'm not mistaken, when Harper took over a few years ago he hired two AD's from the metroplex as assistant coaches, one wasn't even a coordinator...

I don't know what the budget is for certain stipends, but I know it was around $4000 for each sport a few years ago and most coaches coached or assisted in at least 2 sports. Then you also have to consider other titles in Marshall ISD... Assistant AD, Jr High Coordinator, etc etc... There are ways to pay your assistants more, the money just has to be in the budget.

Claude's really a persuasive guy and maybe he can get it done, but its tough..if you are looking at guys from DFW you are going to have convince them to take a pay cut, probably teach more classes than they would in DFW and move to deep East TX. If the guy and his family dont have ties to the area you've got to hope he can convince Momma to move out there too if he's got a family....some different challenges for sure...not saying it can't be done but its by far going to be Claude's biggest challenge....he's got the kids to win and the support I believe...

Ludlow I think is going to Texas High as OC....former Lewisville HC Gregg Miller is going to be the DC...Miller was at Katy before coming to Lewisville....Stanford is putting together a really good staff at Texas High

Claude's really a persuasive guy and maybe he can get it done, but its tough..if you are looking at guys from DFW you are going to have convince them to take a pay cut, probably teach more classes than they would in DFW and move to deep East TX. If the guy and his family dont have ties to the area you've got to hope he can convince Momma to move out there too if he's got a family....some different challenges for sure...not saying it can't be done but its by far going to be Claude's biggest challenge....he's got the kids to win and the support I believe...

Ludlow I think is going to Texas High as OC....former Lewisville HC Gregg Miller is going to be the DC...Miller was at Katy before coming to Lewisville....Stanford is putting together a really good staff at Texas High

Texarkana is a little bit easier of a move than Marshall. Or at least I would think so. You have some nice burbs, good eats, and some entertainment. The travel down 30 is a smoother ride to Dallas than 20.

I might would pick T High over Marshall and Hallsville when looking for an assistant job just because of those things... Then factor in the winning tradition of the school and the talent that flows through there....

I agree that Texarkana had more to offer. It's over twice the size of Marshall.

BUT.... Texarkana is an island all alone with nothin around it.

At least we have Longview 20 mins away and Shreveport has everything plus gambling and it's only 45 mins away.

Those are selling points for us.

Texas High is about to have an all-Star cast up there.

But if my sources are correct (and they haven't been wrong yet) ours will be pretty dang good too.

Biggest draw could be this: winning.

That's the one thing every coach wants. Especially to win in a football crazed town.

And I'm telling you.... this town has been turned upside down on its ear since the announcement.

Best of luck to TxH and Marshall. I hope we can continue the rivalry after the district split next year.

I think Marshall will hit the ground running on fire as they have been involved in some type of wide open offense for years now, while Texas High will have growing pains but will eventually gain power just because of the caliber of athletes the school produces.STANFORD and Ludlow will have speed speed speed and I'm excited to see what they so with these players getting away from Norton's old school offenses.I thinks as far as the TH/MHS rivalry goes ...it seems like a mental thing for the players...T high always looks intimidated by Longview, while Marshall is the same with T high...I thought Marshall was better than the tigers last year...they had an 18 point lead..and blew it...no disrespect..just seems like that to me..Got a lot of family and spent a lot if my childhood there in Marshall...graduate of T high...love both schools excited for both