Richard Sherman to Dallas?

I know we as Cowboy fans hate to see this together. But my thinking is Sherman would immediately help Dallas, especially with such a deep draft on the defensive side of the ball.

Your not going to get a guy at 28 that would make the same impact as Sherman. Regardless, of how you feel he still an elite CB in the league, something Dallas desperately needs.

My question would you give up your first Rd pick to aquire him? Or say maybe a 2nd and 4th?

I would be trying to make this happen if I'm in the Dallas front office.

I just wonder if Sherman's productivity is largely due to having such an incredible defense. He will be back there all by himself without the aide of a heavy hitter like Kam Chancellor,or a ball hawking safety like earl Thomas. I don't know that it's worth taking a gamble on a.) Trading a high pick, b.) Trading a "very good" player, on top of the fact we'll have to pay him. I say no deal.

I'm not making that deal for a 1st or any draft pick. Seattle is fixing to be in cap hell. Look how much money they have locked up on that side of the ball. There's none to invest in a o-line for Wilson. Dallas' defense needs bodies not just one piece.

• Like 1

Nope.

1. You're giving up a 5 year player for relatively cheap to get a 2 year player on an expensive contract.

2. It is a corner-heavy draft, making this move largely unnecessary for Dallas (for Seattle, not so much.)

3. Dallas is already a 5th rounder short. Trading a pick or multiple picks seriously dampens their chances of getting more talented/athletic guys to their roster.

4. Dallas already shown a precedent for avoiding high-priced contracts for players soon to be in their 30's. Doesn't make much sense that they would change that now, when they wouldn't do it for a guy like DE Chris Long.

• Like 2

This really isn't a team that is in a win now mode. They are still a young team just a year removed from 4-12. You have your offense pretty much set. You get another defensive draft like last year in the 2017, then we can talk about a 5 year "win now" window. We could use another pass rusher. We need a safety or two. We need a CB or two. We might need a LB if Jaylon can't play. Draft young talent and don't spend/ trade/pay for old talent.

I understand that but if you really consider yourself to be "win now mode" a rookie CB isn't going to give you what Sherman will.

Even if we are in a "win now" mode, I don't think our defense flips the script from where we were last year by adding Richard Sherman. We have to worry about locking Dak up in the future. We have to concentrate on locking Martin up soon. We lock Martin up, and we're set on offense for awhile, I think. I just don't think Sherman makes our defense much better. If we can't get a pass rush, I don't care who you have back there; they will be toast.

• Like 1

Sherman has two years left. Dak will still be under rookie contract. Martin gets signed with or without. Draft younger yes I agree. But your window your talking about. Dallas wouldn't have Lee he would be on the wrong side of 30 along with a few other key pieces. So your just working yourself in a jam once again by saying. We want to build an not will now.

Sherman has two years left. Dak will still be under rookie contract. Martin gets signed with or without. Draft younger yes I agree. But your window your talking about. Dallas wouldn't have Lee he would be on the wrong side of 30 along with a few other key pieces. So your just working yourself in a jam once again by saying. We want to build an not will now.

Not sure if we can afford both Sherman and Martin along with everyone else. With the Kevin Zeitler record breaking signing, Martin will ask for astronomical money, which in fairness he would deserve. Seattle's asking price is a "very high" draft pick and a "very good" player. don't want to give up the pick, nor the player.

Tyron Smith is a multi Pro Bowl, All Pro left tackle who grades out as one of the top 3 in the league. His long term contract? He's the 10th highest paid left tackle. Dallas under Stephen and Will have gotten smarter with these deals. Zack Martin will sign a long term, team friendly deal. Mark it down. If he doesn't before game one of the 2017 season y'all can change my SDC name to whatever Y'all like for a year.

Back to Sherman. With the 49ers argument, that was the arms race 90s. How did that turn out? A real honest to God cap hell. The Sean Lee deal? You will likely never see another deal like his or Romo's again while Stephen and Will run the team. Dallas has made the huge trade cause they were a piece away. Joey Galloway and Roy Williams. How did those turnout? Dallas is trying to follow the Patriots Way. You don't pay old, production declining veterans. You don't trade draft picks for old, declining veterans.

Any Twitter heads on here? Follow Birddog26. He's discussing why Dallas should not pursue Sherman. Age. Injuries. Decline in skills. Plus his price tag at $14m? Draft that rookie corner.

Tyron Smith is a multi Pro Bowl, All Pro left tackle who grades out as one of the top 3 in the league. His long term contract? He's the 10th highest paid left tackle. Dallas under Stephen and Will have gotten smarter with these deals. Zack Martin will sign a long term, team friendly deal. Mark it down. If he doesn't before game one of the 2017 season y'all can change my SDC name to whatever Y'all like for a year.

Back to Sherman. With the 49ers argument, that was the arms race 90s. How did that turn out? A real honest to God cap hell. The Sean Lee deal? You will likely never see another deal like his or Romo's again while Stephen and Will run the team. Dallas has made the huge trade cause they were a piece away. Joey Galloway and Roy Williams. How did those turnout? Dallas is trying to follow the Patriots Way. You don't pay old, production declining veterans. You don't trade draft picks for old, declining veterans.

Exactly on your point about it being an arms race. Took the words right outta my mouth. Not to mention, those early 90's niners teams were already great on both sides of the ball. You'd be hard pressed to find a better defensive backfield, with hanks, Davis, and Tim McDonald. Deion just put them over the top. I don't know how old when he went to the niners...maybe 26? Sherman is already up there in age. If his cap hit wasn't so big i could handle maybe giving the 28th pick, but that's all.

• Like 1

Any Twitter heads on here? Follow Birddog26. He's discussing why Dallas should not pursue Sherman. Age. Injuries. Decline in skills. Plus his price tag at $14m? Draft that rookie corner.

A good observation. Birddog is a scout that still works for a team I believe (although I am unsure if he's ever said what team.) Lot of Dallas journalist takes what he says quite seriously.

• Like 2