Tyler Lee Red Raiders 2017

FootballKrazy10

Chance Amie-you should look him up. Dude is pretty good just needs some talent around him.....Rivals has him as a 3 star recruit and he currently has 10 D-1 offers and still has his senior year to go. But besides that... he just needs some talent around him and the defense has got to be fixed...never said they would get into the playoffs I just said they would probably have a better season since this will coach claytons 2nd season and things maybe a little more settled.

• Like 1

What solid QB?

Miss the playoffs

What solid QB?

Lee currently has the best QB in East Texas and its not close. There's just nothing around him, which is crazy when you consider Lee's enrollment. I know the privates probably have an impact on Lee but still. They have the largest enrollment in East Texas. There has to be talent roaming those halls.

Anyway, no playoffs for Lee this year. Playoff teams should be Longview, JT, Rockwall and Horn.

What solid QB?

Lee currently has the best QB in East Texas and its not close. There's just nothing around him, which is crazy when you consider Lee's enrollment. I know the privates probably have an impact on Lee but still. They have the largest enrollment in East Texas. There has to be talent roaming those halls.

Anyway, no playoffs for Lee this year. Playoff teams should be Longview, JT, Rockwall and Horn.

He a better HS QB than the kid from Gilmer?

I know they are solid at the QB spot...but what do you guys think Tyler Lee will do this year.. I have a feeling it will be better than last season. What do you guys think?

Can't be any worse than they were last year, IMO.

Have to be better on defense, New DC will have a lot to say about how many wins they have.

• Like 2

I know they are solid at the QB spot...but what do you guys think Tyler Lee will do this year.. I have a feeling it will be better than last season. What do you guys think?

Chance Amie is a SOLID qb but Lee has talent and depth problems galore! Their subvarsities have been A STRAIGHT MESS for the last 4 YEARS! I can see Lee winning every preseason game, but don't be shocked if they lose to that WEAK SHOW of a preseason schedule. District won't be as tough as last year, but Lee still looks like a BOTTOM HALF team in district.

I'd love to see REL return to their glory.

But not till week 2.....lmao. Because they schooled us last season in the opener 35-7. And it was actually uglier than the score shows. Ugh. Was horrible.

I read an article where the head coaches have a little bit of history together.

Clayton George was apparently the OC at Southlake Carroll when Claude Mathis was at DeSoto and they have a playoff clash (or two) against each other.

Can't wait till the season gets started.

141 days.

One resigned that he brought with him. Two left, but they were new to him last year, not people he "brought with him."

The district newcomer of the year, Ladarius Wickware, will be a junior rb. I think he was All East Texas. Defense is the key.They need size and depth and I'm not sure where it is going to come from. Incoming 9th graders are loaded- if they can keep rebuilding until then, I think they can turn the corner. Still and easy target until they start winning in District. Subvarsities were a joke- hope that gets corrected this year.

The last group of kids I coached at Lee graduated in 2016. I do not know the talent level of the current players, but I do know that after the 2009 football season with Blake Roberts, Austin Wilson, Chris Dinkins, Chad Reese, Courtland Browning (all D-1 signees in 2010 or 2011) had very few players continue at the next level (an indicator of success at the 6A level).

If they fix their defense I wouldn't be surprise.[/i

I don't see it. Lee kids need to start BELIEVING in themselves! I see a school who can't finish! The mindset at Lee ain't good!

They were in every single game they played in district but one. And that was heath. To be honest they should have beat North Mesquite Mesquite in and Rockwall

ame="johntylerfan" post="2523007" timestamp="1492477840"]

I'm not talking about that. They lose their entire o-line, wr core, and return one d-linemen from a 2-8 squad. Their subvarsities were STRAIGHT AWFUL!

They were in every single game they played in district but one. And that was heath. To be honest they should have beat North Mesquite Mesquite in and Rockwall