2A Baseball

MUSTANGMANIA

Way to go Rebels.........anything from Big Sandy????

Yes, post at 9:03 yesterday. Big Sandy won Thur 5-4 and Friday 19-9. Both teams advancing. A long shot but they could face each other for Regional 4 Championship.

Lol, or not. D. Big Sandy has Flatonia, who was 3rd in their Dist, and not rated.

Evadale has Thorndale (battle of The Dales) who are ranked #3 in the State. IF we beat them, we'll have to face #2 Refugio (assuming they win their match ups). Going to be a tough row to hoe. I know the Rebels can win both, but it'll take a maximum effort.

I was looking at evadale's schedule it's very impressive all losses are close but one and it was earlier in the season. And all losses are to either big or ranked schools

Tru storie. Just shows the fallacy of season records, especially in smaller schools. Lost to Lovelady & D. Big Sandy (who won our Dist). I think the rest are 3A to 5A, including Central Heights who beat playoff teams 5A Nederland and 4A Bridge City. That Central Heaights bunch is good lol.

Evadale will face Thorndale in the Region 4 Quarterfinals at Reckling Park on the Campus of Rice University.

Game 1 - Friday at 7:30

Game 2 - Sat at 3. -------- Sat game moved to 1pm

Game 3 - 30 min after Game 2

Dallardsville Big Sandy faces Flatonia in the Reg 4 Quarterfinals.

Game 1 - Thur at 7 at Cameron HS

Game 2 - Friday at 7 at College Station

Game 3 - Sat at 2 at Cameron HS

New Diana beat Central Heights this year. That's their only loss!

From looking at Central Heights record, it says volumes for New Diana. They only got Evadale 5-3, but it was still a loss. Virtually all the teams are good now. Just hope Evadale plays solid, and gets a few timely hits.

Groveton moves on they win 3-0

scored all three with twos in the first.

Good luck to groveton they have a great team.

Loveladys seniors have had a great high school career with football and baseball hate to see them go.

• Like 1

Thorndale def Evadale 3-1 in nine to go 1-0 in series.

Just found out the fickle finger of fate got to us. We had a 1-0 lead in the 7th with two outs, when the pitch count got to our Senior ace. Rules a rule, but dang, it bit us bad. Maybe we can come back and get two today. We beat Flatonia last year 15-1 in the first game and they came back to beat us two in a row. Left to many on base last night. Need some timely hits. Go Rebs.

Thorndale takes series over Evadale with a 4-3 victory. Good run by Rebs. Only one senior, so I'll look forward to next year. Our district still has D. Big Sandy alive, so I'll be a Wildcat fan.

Good luck to Thorndale when they face Refugio. As bluesky pointed out, they'll be hard to beat.