Baseball Playoffs

Sportsfanatic1

I wouldn't call Lundy Argyle's No. 3, but sometimes I think high school teams can have too much pitching and not enough opportunities to sharpen an effective 1-2 playoff rotation which you need for a state title run. Plus, Argyle is coming into the PG series off three 1-game playoffs vs. outmatched opponents. Lundy wasn't sharp. Bolden was. If Argyle can force a Game 3, they've got a huge advantage with their pitching depth.

Dallardsville Big Sandy sweeps Center Point 10-0 and 14-3.

These Wildcats have it all. Just need to play their game. So far in he playoffs, they ve played 7 games without a loss, and have out scored their opponents 72-18 (Weimar caught them sleeping and scored 9 in one game, but DBS answered with 19.

Beckville travels to Anna tomorrow to take on the Gunter Tigers. Beckville leads the series 1-0 after a 3-2 win Thursday night in Carthage. Game time 3:00. Take care of business! GO BLUE!

Do you know whether or not KGAS will be caring this game Saturday?

In 2A Reg IV - Dallardsville Big Sandy will play the winner of Refugio vs Thorndale (who beat my Evadale Rebels last week).

Game 1 - Refugio won 5-1

Game 2 - Thorndale won 4-3

Game 3 - In progress - After 4, Thorndale up 9-3

In 2A Reg IV - Dallardsville Big Sandy will play the winner of Refugio vs Thorndale (who beat my Evadale Rebels last week).

Game 1 - Refugio won 5-1

Game 2 - Thorndale won 4-3

Game 3 - In progress - After 4, Thorndale up 9-3

Game 3 - Thorndale wins 9-3.

Will play Dallardsville Big Sandy next week. Games, times, and Loc TBD

This Game, or Series, ought to be a classic.

Congrats for a great series win against the Eagles. Nothing against the Eagles but this was not a typical Argyle Eagle team IMO. The Eagle pitching staff was not near what it has been in the past. On the other hand PG has 2 above average pitchers that gives teams lots of problems.

Someone on here made a comment about all of the D1 players Argyle has....huh? I did not see 1 that would play D1 baseball. I may be wrong but who are they?

PG will win the title this year.

I see a PG vs. Wylie final at the Disch

Beckville knocks of Gunter 2-1 in the 3 game series. Won an absolute gem of a game Thursday night 3-2 in 9 innings. Gunter thumped them 12-3 in game 2 today. Game 3 Beckville was down 4-1 coming to bat in the 5th, 6-4 coming to the plate in the 6th before walking it off with an RBI single by the 8 hole hitter in the bottom of the 7th. Literally did not lead after a single complete inning today (through 2 games) until the 7th of game 3. Was an awesome series to watch.

PG-8

Argyle-0

Unreal what kind of program PG has built. Good luck the rest of the way go win it all!

Key word being "program". ET is loaded with schools who merely field a team each spring. The PG-Argyle series was fundamentally so far ahead of the 15-4a games I saw this year that it is kind of sad for there to be such a huge gap in the way they play the game.

• Like 1

Key word being "program". ET is loaded with schools who merely field a team each spring. The PG-Argyle series was fundamentally so far ahead of the 15-4a games I saw this year that it is kind of sad for there to be such a huge gap in the way they play the gam

Well said and no doubt. PG is a treat/joy to watch!

Key word being "program". ET is loaded with schools who merely field a team each spring. The PG-Argyle series was fundamentally so far ahead of the 15-4a games I saw this year that it is kind of sad for there to be such a huge gap in the way they play the game.

So true!!

Having moved to 2A (Div-II) Evadale about 6 years ago from a 5A town, the disparity in ability is even more pronounced. I've scratched my head bald trying to figure out why, and actually it must be a combination of coaching, and tradition/interest. And even though Evadale strolls thru District undefeated in football often, we have a hard time (impossible with Tenaha) competing with many 2A's in the playoffs. And yes threejs, it is sad, because I know there's a handful of kids at these other schools who have a fire in their gut to play at a 110%, whatever the sport, and from where I sit, they're getting shortchanged. Cest la vie.

Denton paper said Argyle was missing 3 regulars. After watching Game 1, I don't doubt they have a bunch of D1 recruits. The Game 2 pitcher (Bolin) is a sophomore Baylor commit. They've got some impressive physical size that screams D1 and they're still very young. They just ran into a team that was focused and has two hot pitchers right now.

I didn't see the game, but the actions of the Bridge City players is inexcusable. There is however, more to the story than just the play at the plate.

http://www.orangeleader.com/2017/05/28/feisty-cardinals-drop-controversial-game-three-to-china-spring/

Based on comments I've seen (from BC fans), the umpire behind the plate had a couple of close calls at second base in an earlier game, and the BC coach had argued both calls. In the last game, BC fans alleged the strike zone was tilted in CS favor, as if the Ump was still mad. Even a coach from another team scouting "allegedly" said he couldn't believe the calls.

Could be just sore losers, or maybe some validity, idk. But there's always two sides to a story. Regardless, there is no excuse for what the BC players did. You never, ever, should make Any Contact with an Umpire or Referee. Jmo

• Like 2

Here's the details on what should be a durn good Region Final in 2A Region IV.

Dallardsville Big Sandy (31-2) vs Thorndale (25-4) - All games at Madisonville.

Game 1 - Thur at 7:30

Game 2 - Saturday at 4

Game 3 - 30 min after Game 2 if necessary

Congrats for a great series win against the Eagles. Nothing against the Eagles but this was not a typical Argyle Eagle team IMO. The Eagle pitching staff was not near what it has been in the past. On the other hand PG has 2 above average pitchers that gives teams lots of problems.

Someone on here made a comment about all of the D1 players Argyle has....huh? I did not see 1 that would play D1 baseball. I may be wrong but who are they?

PG will win the title this year.

I see a PG vs. Wylie final at the Disch

SS-Soph. committed to OU

Catcher soph. is the twin brother of the SS is committed to OU

2nd baseman soph. is committed to Texas

RF soph. is committed to TCU

Pitcher that didn't even touch the field in the series.soph. is committed to TCU

Pitcher that pitched game 2 is a soph. and is committed to Baylor

Also 5 seniors signed LOI'S to play at the next level but none were D1.

I think I remembered this all correctly. This is what an Argyle parent told me.

SS-Soph. committed to OU

Catcher soph. is the twin brother of the SS is committed to OU

2nd baseman soph. is committed to Texas

RF soph. is committed to TCU

Pitcher that didn't even touch the field in the series.soph. is committed to TCU

Pitcher that pitched game 2 is a soph. and is committed to Baylor

Also 5 seniors signed LOI'S to play at the next level but none were D1.

I think I remembered this all correctly. This is what an Argyle parent told me.

Wow. No, Double Wow, Soph twins already committed. Shazam, how does the Dad & G'pa find shirts big enough to cover their chest? Got to be very proud.