Baseball Playoffs

Sportsfanatic1

2A State Semi-Finals. Both games at Dell Diamond in Round Rock.

Groveton 31-3 vs D. Big Sandy 33-2. This ought to be a heckuva game. Both show 17 shutouts, but all of Groveton's games are not in Maxpreps. This game could be won on a blink of an eye, literally. Wed at 9 am

Muenster 31-2 vs Albany 23-2-2. Muenster been #1 for a while. Have to be favored over Albany. Wed at 12 noon

Sure thought PG vs. Wylie would be the final. Looks like it's semi. Winner of that will be the champ.

2A State Semi-Finals. Both games at Dell Diamond in Round Rock.

Groveton 31-3 vs D. Big Sandy 33-2. This ought to be a heckuva game. Both show 17 shutouts, but all of Groveton's games are not in Maxpreps. This game could be won on a blink of an eye, literally. Wed at 9 am

Muenster 31-2 vs Albany 23-2-2. Muenster been #1 for a while. Have to be favored over Albany. Wed at 12 noon

unless something has changed this year from the last 20 years, it will be R1 vs R3 and R2 vs R4

etsn is incorrect

THS82 is right. two best records play the other two, coin flip decides.

Looks like last year repeats, except Sinton instead of Salado.

Lots of consistently good baseball represented in 4A

Did Union hill make history or has there ever been another team make it to the state tournament with 0 district wins. They were the only 1A team in their district and evidently have played pretty good baseball in the playoffs

A combined 9 losses between the four teams. Going to be some good baseball...The Thornton/Hendrix matchup should be amazing Wednesday...

How many days does a pitcher have to have before pitching again?

THS82 is right. two best records play the other two, coin flip decides.

Looks like last year repeats, except Sinton instead of Salado.

Lots of consistently good baseball represented in 4A

I don't know much about Sinton but these other three programs are the real deal! Big boy baseball by these three.

The days rest will still apply. It is basically 2 one game series. The days of rest will still apply, so if you throw more than 30 pitches in the semi you can't pitch in the final.

Gotcha.

I'm sure PG will go with Bolden Thursday.

Does anyone know if these games will be streaming?

Every pitcher can throw a total of 110 pitches in the state tournament. You can throw 90 on Wednesday and you have 20 in the finals! And how do you know Thorton is gonna throw against Big Sandy? He's thrown the second game in every series. Even in the one gamer against Joaquin Terry started and Thorton came in to relieve. I'm betting Terry starts against Big Sandy. Either way it's going to be a classic!!!

• Like 1

Every pitcher can throw a total of 110 pitches in the state tournament. You can throw 90 on Wednesday and you have 20 in the finals! And how do you know Thorton is gonna throw against Big Sandy? He's thrown the second game in every series. Even in the one gamer against Joaquin Terry started and Thorton came in to relieve. I'm betting Terry starts against Big Sandy. Either way it's going to be a classic!!!

I just figured he would go with his ace, but if it ain't broke, don't fix it...

But the 20 has to be in a relievers role correct?

Every pitcher has 110 pitches! You can do it any way you want. Terry from Groveton usually gets to 110 in the 5th or 6th inning. If Terry can hold down Big Sandy with a little relief help from Thorton and Thorton can start in the finals against somebody's #2 you can start lining up for the parade!!!

For anyone who cant make it to round rock and wants to listen, the Groveton vs big sandy game can be heard on KIVY.com Wednesday morning. They will have it streaming on their 92.7 fm station out of Crockett.

• Like 1

It's obvious from looking at Groveton's scores that they have several good pitchers, as does D. Big Sandy. Might give the edge to Groveton on pitching, but I'm just guessing. And maybe the edge to DBS on hitting. The one thing that will surprise me would be for either team to put up a lot of runs.

Muenster seems to be scoring a lot, so they might get up on Albany, but one gamers, you just never know.

(ex: In post season series, starter goes (X) innings for a total pitch count of (X) (amount not exceeding max count) in first game of 3 game series. That same athlete can be used as short reliever in either of next 2 games of the same series, up to combined total pitch count max (85/110). At conclusion of series, combined total number of pitches will determine days of rest based on chart.)

This is what the UIL will implement in the state tourney.