Spring Hill SQT Pools

MattStepp

It will be a fun day. We have beat LE easily the last few scrims and just by looking at Winona's size/record, it seems they should be taken care of too. So that leaves Carthage...we will see.

I was pretty sad I didn't get to see Gilmer/PG play in the Azalea tourney. They were beat out by a very good Whitehouse team who only lost twice that day. Hopefully, they make it out of the pool and we get to meet once again.

Is there a bracket yet with times?

Carthage is Carthage...they aren't elite at 7on7 mainly because they run their real O and D...but they are always good and often qualify for state...I'd tab them as the pool favorite

Your right Carthage isn't elite at 7 on 7, but we have a pretty good squad most years. We won 5 straight last year in the state tournament before falling to Argyle in the 3rd round of the championship bracket. In 2013 we started slow but ended up winning the consolation bracket tournament. We have made the state tournament 7 times since 2008. Missing in 2011 and 2014. 7 on 7 is not "real" football, but it gives you a pretty good indication of how good you are gonna be in most cases (notice I said most cases). 2011 and 2014 were both years where we graduated everybody and were pretty much starting over with all young players. It showed early in 7 on 7, and those are the 2 worst seasons Surratt has had at 9-4 and 6-6 respectively during the football season. I think 7 on 7 is a great tool. And it's good for the kids to build relationships and have some competition during the summer before the season. I am a big fan of programs participating in it. It can only help teams get better for the season.

So, what do you guys think of your pool? How is Carthage going to be? I heard they lost a lot of seniors.

As far as 7 on 7 is concerned we lost a QB and a CB. you could possibly count a WR, but the top 3 are returning. We will see how the QBs look in 7 on 7. Good 1st look.

As far as 7 on 7 is concerned we lost a QB and a CB. you could possibly count a WR, but the top 3 are returning. We will see how the QBs look in 7 on 7. Good 1st look.

We are in a similar boat. I'm not sure who our QB is right now but from what I've seen we have players playing new positions and have moved people around. Seems to be working but should be fun to see what we can do in this pool.

It seems like all the powerhouses are in C and D but they play the winners of A and B. Some good teams are going to go home. How are the pools determined?

We are in a similar boat. I'm not sure who our QB is right now but from what I've seen we have players playing new positions and have moved people around. Seems to be working but should be fun to see what we can do in this pool.

It seems like all the powerhouses are in C and D but they play the winners of A and B. Some good teams are going to go home. How are the pools determined?

Our QB is Ben Harmon. He will be a Sophomore this Fall. Kid is a stud. He has had upperclassmen meeting him before school to run routes everyday since last season ended.

Our QB is Ben Harmon. He will be a Sophomore this Fall. Kid is a stud. He has had upperclassmen meeting him before school to run routes everyday since last season ended.

Shhhhhhhhh!!! I'm running a misinformation campaign. Don't tell them his brothers are coming back this season also:)

• Like 1

So is PG thinking about changing there offense going too 7 on 7 tournament winning last one saw highlights he have a good arm on him so could we potential see spread offense return too Hawk Nation

It's 7 on 7 so I doubt it has any bearing on our total offensive scheme, but it's good to see.

Yeah its good seeing them pass it around hey won't hurt open it up Lil stay true what we are but if you do give that threat too pass ball out that Wing T then adds whole other situation for teams prepare for

I am sure the plan was to qualify at Spring Hill and withdraw from Hurst

No, they usually play in two SQTs, regardless. The plan was to go to Bullard ... until they found out Bullard no longer had an SQT.