Gilmer-Kilgore series

CutBlock

3 innings in the books and its

Gilmer 0

Kilgore 0

Smitherman for Kilgore has fanned 6 of the 10 batters that he's seen so far. Gilmer's pitcher just got some help from his D with an inning ending double play to keep Kilgore off the scoreboard Kilgore had runners on second and third.

Going to the 5th inn

Gilmer 2

Kilgore 0

Man i really hate playing teams from your own district in the playoffs. I don't care what teams are playing but it always seems like the team that wins a district championship always struggle to beat a team from their own district come playoff time. I would rather the teams go beat up on different schools than each other. I would rather my team lose to a team they have never faced then to lose to a district opponent that they have already beaten 2,3,4, or 5 times in non district or district.

I really dislike 4 teams going to the playoffs. Only good thing about baseball is they can play a 3 gm series. And i hate to see a better team get eliminated over small. Because every Dog has a bad day!!

• Like 1

We understand it would stink to get sent home by the 4th team in your district when you got first, but it wouldn't bother us too much:}

Ha!! Stop it ughhh... good thing there's still one more gm to force a third gm. Kilgore came into todays gm assuming Gilmer would come out lightly and now Kilgore got a reality check. Now i wanna see how they respond knowing that their season will end if they lose one more gm in this series. Its a good thing to know that if they win tomorrow and force a gm 3 the 3rd gm will be played on Saturday instead of 30 minutes after gm 2. Smitherman will get an extra day to rest and i know Smitherman wants another shot at Gilmer.

But congrats to Gilmer on shutting out Kilgore tonight 3-0 thats not an easy task to do especially against Kilgore's hitting squad. They have been a run scoring machine this yr.. Again HATS OFF to Gilmer's pitcher and team tonight.

They play both Friday right?

It was first setup to play

Gm1 Thursday@ Lindale

Gm2 Friday @ Gary

Gm3 Saturday@ Lindale

But with bad weather expected Saturday im wondering if it has been changed to play gm 3 Friday if needed. Haven't heard anything official on that as of yet.

Ha!! Stop it ughhh... good thing there's still one more gm to force a third gm. Kilgore came into todays gm assuming Gilmer would come out lightly and now Kilgore got a reality check. Now i wanna see how they respond knowing that their season will end if they lose one more gm in this series. Its a good thing to know that if they win tomorrow and force a gm 3 the 3rd gm will be played on Saturday instead of 30 minutes after gm 2. Smitherman will get an extra day to rest and i know Smitherman wants another shot at Gilmer.

But congrats to Gilmer on shutting out Kilgore tonight 3-0 thats not an easy task to do especially against Kilgore's hitting squad. They have been a run scoring machine this yr.. Again HATS OFF to Gilmer's pitcher and team tonight.

Smitherman is done on the bump for the series. New pitch count rules say he can't come back for 4 days, because he threw 110 pitches last night.