Grapeland Boys win Class 2A State Golf Tournament

Washington76

Congratulations to the Grapeland Boys Golf Team on winning the Class 2A State Championship! Very well deserved! The Sandies took 1st place as a team, sophomore Rick Frauenberger took 1st place individually, and we also broke the Class 2A record of a 602 with a two-day team score of 600!

Coach: Cannon Earp

Golfers: Case Boyd (Jr.), Josh "Bear" Ackley (soph.), Rick Frauenberger (soph.), Riley Chipman (Sr.), Brayden Cheatham (Jr.).

18622129_1896100600603923_8514077959068541621_n.jpg

16729303_1179005292245379_2829074194724528983_n.jpg

18664236_1896100713937245_4371804590096143297_n.jpg

Congratulations to the Grapeland Boys Golf Team on winning the Class 2A State Championship! Very well deserved! The Sandies took 1st place as a team, sophomore Rick Frauenberger took 1st place individually, and we also broke the Class 2A record of a 602 with a two-day team score of 600!

Coach: Cannon Earp

Golfers: Case Boyd (Jr.), Josh "Bear" Ackley (soph.), Rick Frauenberger (soph.), Riley Chipman (Sr.), Brayden Cheatham (Jr.).

Congrats to Grapeland. A State Championship in anything is outstanding.

Now, I'll show my ignorance, for those of us not familiar with State golf, What is the format - how many golfers? Do they all play every round? How many rounds? Since they set a State 2A record with a 600, I'm curious.

FYI, I use to "play" but the greatest thing I got out golf, I improved my addition adding up double bogies lol.

Now, I'll show my ignorance, for those of us not familiar with State golf, What is the format - how many golfers? Do they all play every round? How many rounds? Since they set a State 2A record with a 600, I'm curious.

FYI, I use to "play" but the greatest thing I got out golf, I improved my addition adding up double bogies lol.

Basically they had four kids that shot a 75 two days straight. That's pretty solid.

Basically they had four kids that shot a 75 two days straight. That's pretty solid.

Lol, since my best score ever was a 76, yes that's solid.

Thanks to all of you for the responses. I not only know how they do it, but also how good Grapeland is.

https://www.uiltexas.org/golf/state/boys-results/2A

Frauenberger 67-72 - 139

Chipman 79-77 - 156

Cheatham 79-69 - 148

Boyd 79-78 - 157

Ackley 127-128 - 255

Frauenberger 67-72 - 139

Chipman 79-77 - 156

Cheatham 79-69 - 148

Boyd 79-78 - 157

Ackley 127-128 - 255

I'd think those scores would be impressive in most higher classification, but in 2A, only thing that comes to mind is WOW. Even in my heyday, I wouldn't have wanted to play in a golf game involving money with those guys :)

I'd think those scores would be impressive in most higher classification, but in 2A, only thing that comes to mind is WOW. Even in my heyday, I wouldn't have wanted to play in a golf game involving money with those guys :)

Here is some more perspective. Their two day team score of 600 would have them 8 strokes out of 3rd in 6A, 2nd overall in 5A, 1st overall in 4A & 3A by 21 strokes in each, and 1st in 1A by 38 strokes.

• Like 1