***Breaking News*** Clayton George Resigns at Tyler Lee...

Smoaky

His family didn't make the move with him to Tyler and it just got to be to much for them per Chris the REL writer

Definitely hard to live apart from your family. Kind of strange they didn't move with him.

Doesn't he have like 5 kids? Where did they live if not with him?

I'd imagine they stayed with his wife back in the metroplex

Definitely hard to live apart from your family. Kind of strange they didn't move with him.

I'd imagine they stayed with his wife back in the metroplex

I meant where in the metroplex. I should have been more specific. I pretty sure he was the OC at SLC, however I doubt a high school coach makes enough to keep his family at SLC and and apartment in Tyler. Does anyone know if his kids stayed at SLC?

Lee has the best QB and RB right now!

LOL

40+ kids quit the football program over the last few months. It regressed instead of showing progress.

They everything in the entire district athletic program goes to the top......AD downtown.......

I meant where in the metroplex. I should have been more specific. I pretty sure he was the OC at SLC, however I doubt a high school coach makes enough to keep his family at SLC and and apartment in Tyler. Does anyone know if his kids stayed at SLC?

Lol. Don't know. Lots of towns around Southlake.

I say hire Coach Meador. The transition would be smoothly. He doesn't have to uproot his family and he likes East Tx. Don't try and lure these coaches from the metropolitan areas any more.

I say hire Coach Meador. The transition would be smoothly. He doesn't have to uproot his family and he likes East Tx. Don't try and lure these coaches from the metropolitan areas any more.

Interesting. Meador was in the final 2 or 3 when they hired the guy that came from Fairfield. The one before George.

Totally different admin now. Priest likes SPLASHES.

He says in that article they posted the job today and will see what kind of interest it gets.

Also read in a different article that they administration has known for a few days, but wanted him to finish out spring ball. I'm sure they've already got a plan for what they are going to do.

He says in that article they posted the job today and will see what kind of interest it gets.

Also read in a different article that they administration has known for a few days, but wanted him to finish out spring ball. I'm sure they've already got a plan for what they are going to do.

Probably didn't hurt to wait out the bond vote either...

+1. I like that idea of Meador. Or hire a young ETX assistant and roll the dice. Who knows. Might accidentally hire the next Traylor or Surratt. But trying to lure these big time assistants from the metroplex won't work in most cases IMO. Hire a ETX guy and take a chance. Can't be any worse than the Lee has been over the past 5 years (17-33).

Totally different admin now. Priest likes SPLASHES.

It's too bad that they are more concerned with getting a "NAME" than with getting a good coach that wants to be a LEE and will do what it takes to turn the program around and be willing to stay through the lean times with the strength to build something.