Who is Better? LeBron or MJ?

ETXfan16

Jordan's East and LBJ's East are two completely different animals. Jordan went up against the Bad Boys, Bird's Celtics, Ewing's Knicks, Riley's first Heat teams. Who has been James' Eastern rival? Now if the Cavs/Heat were in the West? I could give him some more props for that.

Jordan's East and LBJ's East are two completely different animals. Jordan went up against the Bad Boys, Bird's Celtics, Ewing's Knicks, Riley's first Heat teams. Who has been James' Eastern rival? Now if the Cavs/Heat were in the West? I could give him some more props for that.

LeBron had the Big 3 in Boston as his primary competition and if I remember correctly, they were kinda good. Indiana had a short run, but Roy Hibbert forgot how to play basketball randomly. I want to say they also caught the tail end of the Rip Hamilton, Chauncy Billups Piston teams that weren't bad.

He didn't run the gauntlet like Jordan in the ECF, but Jordan didn't necessarily see the toughest of opponents in the Finals. Seattle? Utah?

The Celtics were done by the time Jordan was really contender.

The Knicks and Heat were nothing special in the East.

The only real "competition" Jordan had in the East during his run was from Orlando for two years. He went 1-1 against them in the Playoffs.

I think Jordan was better.

But "6-0" has nothing to do with it.

I agree. I don't like comparing stats. I think MJ was the better player, but they also have two totally different games AND they were in different eras. The only player that resembles MJ's playing style wise is Kobe. I think a lot of the stats people compare are irrelevant.

I agree. I don't like comparing stats. I think MJ was the better player, but they also have two totally different games AND they were in different eras. The only player that resembles MJ's playing style wise is Kobe. I think a lot of the stats people compare are irrelevant.

I agree. Kobe is the best comparison to MJ and Magic is the best comparison to LeBron.

The only difference there is Magic was willing to work in the paint, whereas LeBron has the build but not the mindset or motivation to do so...

• Like 2

^ Horse manure ... Lebrick couldn't carry Magic's jock strap ... Lebrick is nowhere near the ball handler or passer that Magic Johnson was. Lebrick is more physical, I'll give you that, but to say he is a "better version of Magic" is ridiculous. Lebrick couldn't do half the things Magic could do on the court ...

You are blinded by Lebron hate and will except no logic to counter your "well, back in my day" mindset.

The worst team in the NBA today would run the best team front the 70s off of the court.

You "Johnny come lately" fans somehow short change many of the great players of the past. Yea, Lebrick is the flavor or the day, but I just don't think his all around game stacks up against some of the great players of the past. James is more of an individual player that doesn't necessarily make the players around him better like MJ or Magic did ...

You "Johnny come lately" fans somehow short change many of the great players of the past. Yea, Lebrick is the flavor or the day, but I just don't think his all around game stacks up against some of the great players of the past. James is more of an individual player that doesn't necessarily make the players around him better like MJ or Magic did ...

Huh? Have you seen some of these teams that he has taken to the Finals? Did you see what happened to Cleveland and Miami after he left? Seems to me like he elevated the game of a few players...

Huh? Have you seen some of these teams that he has taken to the Finals? Did you see what happened to Cleveland and Miami after he left? Seems to me like he elevated the game of a few players...

Yea, I have seen a lot of him standing around, taking plays off and whining to the refs ... The great ones like Magic and MJ put the team on their backs and win championships, unlike Lebrick lately ...

Get off of LeBrick already! He is a good player no doubt but to compare him with MJ or even Kobe is ridiculous. If I had to rank LeBrick he would be about #7 on my list of all time great players!

Not disagreeing, but who is in your top 10?

1. MJ

2. Wilt Chamberlain

3. Magic Johnson

4. Kobe Bryant

5. Shaq

6. Larry Bird

7. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

8. Tim Duncan

9. LeBrick James

10. Bill Russell

That list tells me all that I need to know about what you believe about the NBA.

Kobe above Kareem, Russell, and Duncan smh.

LeBrick above Kobe, Duncan, Bird, Shaq, and Wilt is all I need to know about you. Every single one of those guys were more dominant players than LeBrick and had a killer instinct about them in the clutch. LeBrick just doesn't make it happen when it counts.

Kobe and Shaq were not even the best players of their generation. Duncan was.

You might be the first person on this Earth to associate Wilt Chamberlain with a "killer" instinct. All of the things you think about Lebron are actually true about Wilt.

You need to turn of ESPN First Take and actually learn some basketball history.

Both Shaq and Kobe were more dominant and clutch than LeBrick. Once again 3-5! Both Kobe and Shaq have more rings and they earned them!

If rings is all you are about then Bill Russell was terribly low on your list, and Wilt is pretty high.

Both Shaq and Kobe were more dominant and clutch than LeBrick. Once again 3-5! Both Kobe and Shaq have more rings and they earned them!

If Shaq wasn't under the rim, the ball wasn't going in. He was dominant when he didn't have to shoot. And I LOVE Shaq... he put LSU on the map. But he was not better than Lebron in any way shape or form other than his size.