Kurt Traylor to be named Tyler Lee Football Coach...

Smoaky

The problem TISD will have is all of the coaches at Lee right now have a dual contract. Yes they can be reassigned, but that is a lot of salary to eat.

I'd imagine a lot from the old staff will leave. Especially coordinators as long as they can find another job this late. Also, Traylor can re-assign how he sees needed, moving varsity coaches to freshman, etc to make spots for his guys. A lot won't like that and will leave on their own.

it is my understanding:

Kurt presented a big change program...one that has been successful @ Gilmer...one that builds character, a work ethic, responsibility, ownership...the X's & O's will come later. Three assistance have turned in their resignation & two more are in the decision process.

Kurt will be missed just like Jeff...Buckeyes will be fine cause they believe in our program.

And on the liger side...Buckeye Nick York is coming home as the new Receiver Coach

Best of luck to Kurt & his family

What Gilmer coaches are leaving?

I'm not hearing anything that hasn't been posted yet.

His first official day of work is Monday. I'm sure it will be on after that with such a short time to get going.

I was looking for him on Saturday in Lufkin, as there seemed to be a good handful of Lee people there. But didn't see him. Guessing he'll be at the Tyler 7 on 7 though.

For yalls sake, I hope Amie doesn't get injured this season because whoever was at QB Saturday...well it wasn't pretty at all.

I was looking for him on Saturday in Lufkin, as there seemed to be a good handful of Lee people there. But didn't see him. Guessing he'll be at the Tyler 7 on 7 though.

For yalls sake, I hope Amie doesn't get injured this season because whoever was at QB Saturday...well it wasn't pretty at all.

Today was Traylors official first day in the job. I would guess he will be at Lindsay park this weekend Not sure if Amie played Saturday or not. I plan on going to the matches this weekend

With all the press on him and all the coaching changes in his career at Lee I kinda worry about his mental state. I'm sure today Traylor met the team and the boys are going here we go again. It will take some time to adjust to the new staff

Amie was in Houston at the U of H camp and for a visit

I was in Austin over the weekend, and was trying to find the SQT Lufkin scores, and saw Lee didnt fair too well. That explains alot right there with Amie not there.

Sounds like he has his priorities in order. I just hope he plays his senior year, with passion. Your senior year is a time in your life that should be fun, and memories that will last a lifetime.