Kurt Traylor to be named Tyler Lee Football Coach...

Smoaky

Looking like coach traylor is getting his numbers back up.. there were over 100 jv and varsity players at workouts yesterday!

Lee somehow needs to leave enough talent in the JV to get some kids some quality reps. That's been easier said than done with a varsity that's needed every key piece they could find. To me that's how to jumpstart the program and get some kids interested in having fun again and just playing football.

Lee somehow needs to leave enough talent in the JV to get some kids some quality reps. That's been easier said than done with a varsity that's needed every key piece they could find. To me that's how to jumpstart the program and get some kids interested in having fun again and just playing football.

I agree 100% the sub-varsity teams have not been very competitive lately. Hopefully more numbers will mean more people can play at the lower levels.

Looks like Lee had a big turnout this morning at 6:45 for conditioning camp. Good sign for Traylor.

How is the coaching situation at Lee? Did he retain any coaches from the previous staff. Or is he starting everything from scratch?

How is the coaching situation at Lee? Did he retain any coaches from the previous staff. Or is he starting everything from scratch?

I think most are new, the WR coach from last year at Lee just took a job in Elysian Fields ( think he has connections with the DC) and most from last season have gone elsewhere.

TISD better be patient with him...may take 3 yrs to see major progress. They may have a decent Freshman class. He may have to get used to the fact that Hubbard is the only true feeder school (and maybe Three Lakes), so he won't be able to work with the middle schools like they can in Gilmer.

TISD better be patient with him...may take 3 yrs to see major progress. They may have a decent Freshman class. He may have to get used to the fact that Hubbard is the only true feeder school (and maybe Three Lakes), so he won't be able to work with the middle schools like they can in Gilmer.

EXACTLY!

I know he kept coach skinner who was the OC not sure what he will be doing now tho

Pretty much a no brainer to keep Skinner since he has the playbook from last year and spring ball with a senior QB. I imagine the rest are close to history. I'm anxious to see who the D Coordinator is. I would think Skinner would stay a year and be replaced or move on. Unless he impresses Traylor.

Pretty much a no brainer to keep Skinner since he has the playbook from last year and spring ball with a senior QB. I imagine the rest are close to history. I'm anxious to see who the D Coordinator is. I would think Skinner would stay a year and be replaced or move on. Unless he impresses Traylor.

"He has the Playbook"??, Unless its the Gilmer Playbook it won't do him any good. I thought the guy Traylor hired from Gladewater is the new OC at Lee.

• Like 1

"He has the Playbook"??, Unless its the Gilmer Playbook it won't do him any good. I thought the guy Traylor hired from Gladewater is the new OC at Lee.

It's the guy from frankston is the assistant head coach and the OC that's why I said idk what skinners role is but he is still there

My point was Skinner was Amie's coach last year and led them to spring ball. Yes he has the play book. They will lean on him for a majority of the offense next season. Until they get it from him.
They don't meet for work outs until August.
It would be a train wreck to put in all new plays August 10... and play 2 1/2 weeks later.

Skinner will be the go to this year for what's been going on if their smart... and as I said... be moved out next year.

Its too late to re invent the wheel this year
The new OC from Frankston has the job... but you think Traylor is not going to pair them up.

I like the idea of them working together at the OC postion. The offense will be ok just hope they can get the new WR cleared through UIL.

Skinner is a pretty good OC with some good credentials. When George left so late in the year, he was left behind without alot of options.

Traylor has his guy now, I know Skinner will be a stand up guy and help them in transition, and as the season gets going, Traylor will start to make it his own.

I think Skinner will move on next year when he has a open door of OC opportunities in the Dallas area.

My point was Skinner was Amie's coach last year and led them to spring ball. Yes he has the play book. They will lean on him for a majority of the offense next season. Until they get it from him.

They don't meet for work outs until August.

It would be a train wreck to put in all new plays August 10... and play 2 1/2 weeks later.

Skinner will be the go to this year for what's been going on if their smart... and as I said... be moved out next year.

Its too late to re invent the wheel this year

The new OC from Frankston has the job... but you think Traylor is not going to pair them up.

I'm sure the Gilmer offense is being installed as we speak. I believe they started workouts this week. I could be wrong, but would be surprised if he kept the old Offense.