Kurt Traylor to be named Tyler Lee Football Coach...

Smoaky

Thats a pretty easy solution. I like the hire. Hopefully he will be given time to build a program and get the students excited about football again. Needs to stay a while. Hopefully he will want to and the administration will allow it....might be a reboot with a new offensive system possibly coming in.

He will get three years maybe four to build up the program.

Like the coach from Fairfield got.

He's not the Offensive Coordinator, he is (was) the Offensive Line and Running Game Coordinator, which I believe is different from the RB Coach since they had one of those too?? This is a great hire for Lee. Those boys better get ready to work, not Tyler Lee work, but Gilmer Buckeye work, and yes there IS a difference, lol. I expect Lee to have a good year from the get go!

There is a difference. Lee won't be the most talented team in 6a on Friday night's as Gilmer has been in 4a on Friday night's.

The difference between the OC (Traylor) vs Lee, is the success in the last 10+ years. That why Traylor was the better pick. Tough job to step into, however, tough is what he has been doing,js.

You winning at one school is not going to guarantee wins at another. Look at Jacksonville.

There is a difference. Lee won't be the most talented team in 6a on Friday night's as Gilmer has been in 4a on Friday night's.

Negative! Lee will have a much larger talent pool. Gilmer doesn't have GREAT players year after year. They have HARD WORKING kids, year in year out. They never doubt they can win.

Negative! Lee will have a much larger talent pool. Gilmer doesn't have GREAT players year after year. They have HARD WORKING kids, year in year out. They never doubt they can win.

Just because Lee is a bigger school doesn't mean they have more talent. What you stated is your opinion not a fact.

If you hired the oc from Gilmer why not hire the oc from Lee. The reason I say this, is because they just learned tbe system from the coaches who have been here for a year and a half. Now you bring in a new coach. Do the old coaches leave on their own because one of their guys didn't get job? Does the new coach ask them to stay because he know they know the kids. Or does he clean house and bring in his own staff. Bringing in new coaches is going to hurt a program that's already struggling as is. It's to late to be trying to learn a new playbook with only 2 weeks to get ready for Marshall.

Like someone else said, he's not the OC at Gilmer.. as far as I know, he's never been a coordinator. Pretty impressive to go from 4a position coach to 6a head coach.

• Like 1

Like someone else said, he's not the OC at Gilmer.. as far as I know, he's never been a coordinator. Pretty impressive to go from 4a position coach to 6a head coach.

Very Impressive. Hes going to need all that pedigree and then some when he lines up on Friday night against this district against coaches like:

Rodney Webb - Rockwall

Mike Overton - Mesquite Horn

Ricklan Holmes- John Tyler

John King - Longview

All of those guys have been battle tested at the highest level, and have the talent to play with anyone.

However, there is always the next generation coming up, waiting for their shot. This is Kurt Traylors chance.

This! I can't think of any OL coaches who have gone straight to head coach on the 6A level without being a coordinator. He has name recognition so that will help keep.

Gilmer has sent more football players on scholarships in the last 10 years than Lee has.

Also I wasn't comparing Gilmer talent to Lee. I stated in 6a, Lee won't be the most talented team. Gilmer has been the most talented team in 4a. That's a fact. No team in 4a has sent more football players to college than Gilmer in the last 10+ years. Once again I wasn't comparing Gilmer talent to Lee.

I don't care if he is an oc or not. I was speaking about the bond these kids just built with the staff. Now they have to start all over. That's all I was saying.

JT is the only High school that has two middle schools feeding into it. Lee only has one Hubbard. Even some of the kids from Moore goes to JT.

Lee also will get 85-90% of Three Lakes too. And they get the majority of Moore and Hogg, but JT does get a decent amount of Kids from both of those schools.

Lee also will get 85-90% of Three Lakes too. And they get the majority of Moore and Hogg, but JT does get a decent amount of Kids from both of those schools.[/quot

Jt gets 30% of Three Lakes and nearly 50% of Moore. It seems people think Lee has found a new savior, but I understand, because they do need stability in the program. We will see!