Kurt Traylor to be named Tyler Lee Football Coach...

Smoaky

I don't think anyone has said that Lee is going to automatically start winning because he came from gilmer.

Not said mostly implied. Like some how the offense from Gilmer is going to make some big different in how things will change over at Lee. The offense at Lee this season put up big number in the running game, but yet the same problems that Lee has always had was defense and the same God for JT, a couple of years ago. JT has only had one shut down defense and that was in 2010. So, again we will just have to wait and see.

Not said mostly implied. Like some how the offense from Gilmer is going to make some big different in how things will change over at Lee. The offense at Lee this season put up big number in the running game, but yet the same problems that Lee has always had was defense and the same God for JT, a couple of years ago. JT has only had one shut down defense and that was in 2010. So, again we will just have to wait and see.

I agree. It's still going to be tough for Lee this year, basically starting over with a new staff. I do think that if the kids buy in, they can turn Lee back into a winning program. May be wrong, but I don't see it happening overnight. The top 3 in their district are salty, but I do still think they could fight it out for that 4th playoff spot.

I agree. It's still going to be tough for Lee this year, basically starting over with a new staff. I do think that if the kids buy in, they can turn Lee back into a winning program. May be wrong, but I don't see it happening overnight. The top 3 in their district are salty, but I do still think they could fight it out for that 4th playoff spot.

You have to be pretty good to even get that 4th spot with :

Longview

JT

Rockwall

Mesquite Horn

I think Lee can score the points , but their D was beyond aweful last year ... and can't do that again

You have to be pretty good to even get that 4th spot with :

Longview

JT

Rockwall

Mesquite Horn

I think Lee can score the points , but their D was beyond aweful last year ... and can't do that again

Lee has to replace their entire Wr core, o-line, and most of the d-line. This on top of a new head coach. They WILL STRUGGLE!

We know you want them to struggle... you're probably praying for them to go 0-10

Dude PLEASE! I'm stating FACTS! Get over yourself and face FACTS about Lee! 4th head coach in 7 years is all that I need to say! Coaches and players have to want to win as well. Good luck to y'all still.

Dude PLEASE! I'm stating FACTS! Get over yourself and face FACTS about Lee! 4th head coach in 7 years is all that I need to say! Coaches and players have to want to win as well. Good luck to y'all still.

No matter how much they have struggled they still managed to beat JT 2 of the last 3 years!

No matter how much they have struggled they still managed to beat JT 2 of the last 3 years!

Good for y'all! Now you can get a sticker! Y'all also fired the coach who beat JT. As usual, Lee still can't mentally get pass JT in their heads! It's all they care about.

Good for y'all! Now you can get a sticker! Y'all also fired the coach who beat JT. As usual, Lee still can't mentally get pass JT in their heads! It's all they care about.

Seems like talking about Lee is all you care about don't JT got there own thread on here ? I've never seen a place so divided...why not just want both teams from Tyler ISD to do well ?

• Like 1

Seems like talking about Lee is all you care about don't JT got there own thread on here ? I've never seen a place so divided...why not just want both teams from Tyler ISD to do well ?

Unfortunately, Tyler will always be divided as long as there are 2 high schools here. It's the rivalry talking in me as well. Tyler has never cared or wanted unity in the first place. I'm being honest about it. Both schools fight over the middle school talent and that's the truth. I agree its an unfortunate situation for both.

We learn early that both dislike each other. However this was after Scott High school closed down. Now we don't know how things would have been if TISD left Emmett Scott open. Things could be very different. The schools wouldn't be as big as they are now. Or is TISD made Chapel Hill apart TISD. I'm still not sure who opened up CH.

We learn early that both dislike each other. However this was after Scott High school closed down. Now we don't know how things would have been if TISD left Emmett Scott open. Things could be very different. The schools wouldn't be as big as they are now. Or is TISD made Chapel Hill apart TISD. I'm still not sure who opened up CH.

I think Emmett Scott would have been shut down and consolidated with Jt eventually over time. 2 high schools in North Tyler makes no sense based on demographics and population. Interesting hypothetical question.

I think Emmett Scott would have been shut down and consolidated with Jt eventually over time. 2 high schools in North Tyler makes no sense based on demographics and population. Interesting hypothetical question.

All it would mean is the lines would be different.

johntylerfan is correct. There is no way both JT and Emmett Scott would have remained open. Both schools are in N.Tyler and desegregation of schools forced one of them to closed. And there is no way it would have been JT. They probably could have kept Scott open as a middle school or something like that, but no way as a high school.

Also, what makes you think TISD had the option to make Chapel Hill part of the school district. There were already existing schools in that area, like Bascom School, Jackson School, Maggie Murph, and etc. When Chapel Hill isd was formed, it was from those school districts consolidating, by the voters in that area.

johntylerfan is correct. There is no way both JT and Emmett Scott would have remained open. Both schools are in N.Tyler and desegregation of schools forced one of them to closed. And there is no way it would have been JT. They probably could have kept Scott open as a middle school or something like that, but no way as a high school.

Also, what makes you think TISD had the option to make Chapel Hill part of the school district. There were already existing schools in that area, like Bascom School, Jackson School, Maggie Murph, and etc. When Chapel Hill isd was formed, it was from those school districts consolidating, by the voters in that area.

Sir I know about those schools out there. My father graduated from Chapel Hill desegregated the schools out there. Those buildings are still there, because I have had family reunions out there.