Frankston is open

Another one and done? They should change their mascot to the Titanic. Place is sinking fast. I heard it's not just AD. Apparently around 65% of the HS faculty left this summer, too. There are some major issues there, according to the grapevine.

Then why did Rusk get rid of him so quick? What Rusk did was the right thing!! We have so much of this going on in our world today

and it is crazy that we keep giving people "my bads" when it happens. The side of the story that matters is in the arrest report in Cherokee County. They saw enough evidence to arrest him for his crime. I hope he keeps his cool in Frankston and can control himself!!!

Is it a question of moral integrity here? Or is this the new norm in the educational field? When I was growing up and in school, anytime an educator or coach's integrity or character was brought into question , it was dealt with in a hastened and sharp fashion...seems times they are a changing.. Js

Does it really matter about if the charges where dropped? Was arrested for putting his hands on a woman. Quit sugar coating it, something happened and people are just trying to dismiss this like it ok. Not someone that I would want to lead my my kids. Blows my mind that a school is just accepting this and cannot find anyone else with better character to be one of the leaders of that school!

Does it really matter about if the charges where dropped? Was arrested for putting his hands on a woman. Quit sugar coating it, something happened and people are just trying to dismiss this like it ok. Not someone that I would want to lead my my kids. Blows my mind that a school is just accepting this and cannot find anyone else with better character to be one of the leaders of that school!

Innocent until proven guilty, does it really matter if he was arrested if the charges were dropped? (Not saying they were, just going off of what you're saying.)

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.jacksonvilleprogress.com/news/update-keel-steps-down-as-rusk-ad-coach/article_93341a80-0c9a-11e6-8890-c727ab36e6cd.html

Coach Keel resigned from Rusk after he was arrested per this article.....I have no knowledge what if anything came from his arrest, if the charges were dropped etc....

But I confirmed Monday he is the new HFC/AD Frankston...

Board Meeting was held on Friday July 7th. There were two items on the agenda: 1. Hiring of a AD/HFC . 2. Administrative Calendar items. I don't think I would release to the public that I hired someone to lead the young men and women of Frankston that has a shady past. The facts are solid in this case. He was arrested for a Domestic Incident involving his wife ( Now his EX ) . Their are a few links posted on this threat to support my comment. He did resign from Rusk under pressure because of the Incident. He only got back into the education business when Frankston hired him as a full-time sub replacing a coach that got a AD/ HFC job in the Lufkin area. When Johnny left for Tyler Lee he met with the Supt. and discussed the job. He must have done a good job of selling himself to the Supt. He had him mind made up from day 1 that Keel would be the man. The job posting even prepared everyone for this to happen. Congrats to Frankston for this monumental hire. I'm not sure where or how this story will go and it worries me for some strange reason. Mr. Supt. please remember this saying " You get what you get so don't throw a fit! " You helped to create all of this mess, So the egg will be in your face!!!!!

Board Meeting was held on Friday July 7th. There were two items on the agenda: 1. Hiring of a AD/HFC . 2. Administrative Calendar items. I don't think I would release to the public that I hired someone to lead the young men and women of Frankston that has a shady past. The facts are solid in this case. He was arrested for a Domestic Incident involving his wife ( Now his EX ) . Their are a few links posted on this threat to support my comment. He did resign from Rusk under pressure because of the Incident. He only got back into the education business when Frankston hired him as a full-time sub replacing a coach that got a AD/ HFC job in the Lufkin area. When Johnny left for Tyler Lee he met with the Supt. and discussed the job. He must have done a good job of selling himself to the Supt. He had him mind made up from day 1 that Keel would be the man. The job posting even prepared everyone for this to happen. Congrats to Frankston for this monumental hire. I'm not sure where or how this story will go and it worries me for some strange reason. Mr. Supt. please remember this saying " You get what you get so don't throw a fit! " You helped to create all of this mess, So the egg will be in your face!!!!!

I would suggest you call Coach Keel. I'm sure he would be willing to sit down and talk with you.

I know I'm going to regret this but here it goes. I don't see how coming on here and bashing the hire of this coach does any good for the community of Frankston at all. I don't know the full story of what he did except from what I have read in the paper and on here. I would like to think that if what he did is a habit of his and this is not the first time the supt would not have hired him. I have been in education a very long time and can tell you some of your very well successful coaches in the area have made mistakes and regret it. Cannot tell you how many times I have heard stories from Head Coaches during Coaching school or clinics that they use these mistakes to warn their young coaches to be careful. My point is nobody is perfect. , Tom Landry will he is not , listen to him tell a story about a misgiven he had as a NY Giant in his NFL playing days. This is why God sent us Jesus and we are all blessed that he did. Now with all that said each community has the right to hire or fire who they want. I hope this is a good hire for Frankston. I know they want a coach that will get the program going and stay , and I bet this coach is looking for a place to get a fresh start. Could be a good fit for both, if it can get off to a good start.

• Like 1