Tyler SQT POOLS

johntylerfan

so if King isn't playing Qb in the summer, he is probably not going to be the Varsity QB in the fall. You think he will be the JV QB or play WR on varsity?

Coach for 7 on 7 has his season and Carter in at QB so it's not really shocking. Same has happened last three years.

Longview hasn't allowed a point on defense in four halves. Only points were a pick six in the Forney 2nd half.

Since then 71-0 in points scored.

We did them back with bill Harper and southern religiously.

Haven't done one since 2009.

Just league only.

Looked good at times today.

Looked horrendous at times.

Inconsistent.

We did them back with bill Harper and southern religiously.

Haven't done one since 2009.

Just league only.

Looked good at times today.

Looked horrendous at times.

Inconsistent.

Nothing to be down about. Y'all had a good day minus the last game.

Longview played the worst I've seen them play in these 7 on 7 things in the first three halves today. Once they got to halftime of the Forney game, they turned into a completely different team.

Lobos finish the day outscoring teams 90-7 the last 5 halves, and the one score was a pick six.

Off to College Station for first time since 2013.

As for the JT, Marshall, SS tiebreaker its very simple and clear in the rules...games against qualified teams do no factor into the standings or tiebreakers at all..

So JT, SS and Marshall all finished 1-1

First tiebreaker is points scored among the teams in the tie..

Marshall 79

SS 68

JT 58

One one hand.....I'm excited to see how many points we scored..... that one point 3OT loss to SS would have put us at 2-1 in pool play.

BUT......

We looked so out of sync Vs. College Station.... and the Longview game was just horrendous. Total of 12 points scored by us in those two games..... after 79 in the other 2? Yikes.

I fear we are facing the exact same dilemma in 2017 that was our undoing in 2016...and that's shaky QB play. Lack of consistency.

Doesn't matter how awesome that one toss is if the 5 that follow it are bad.

We're done with SQT's. I guess not too bad for our first one since 2009/10ish.....

We got lots of work to do in our 7 on 7 league. Next game is Tuesday at Evangel. Carthage will be there too.... and I think another school from Shreveport.....but not sure who.