Tyler SQT POOLS

johntylerfan

so if King isn't playing Qb in the summer, he is probably not going to be the Varsity QB in the fall. You think he will be the JV QB or play WR on varsity?

King will be QB on varsity. Longview still alternating QB's. Whenever one is throwing, the other two are usually running routes.

Carter is QB1, King is QB2... then Lawson and Lampkin. Come summertime I'll wager that Carter/King split most of the first-team snaps. I expect Carter will start week 1.

7on7 starting lineups have little bearing on the Lobo depth chart.

Carter is QB1, King is QB2... then Lawson and Lampkin. Come summertime I'll wager that Carter/King split most of the first-team snaps. I expect Carter will start week 1.

7on7 starting lineups have little bearing on the Lobo depth chart.

Agreed.

I actually think size is the only thing that holds Lawson back. He's actually a pretty decent 7 on 7 QB and runs well. BUT when those pads come on and those big offensive linemen are in front, his 5'8 frame hurts him in terms of passing. He doesn't make the throws in 11 on 11 on a consistent basis that he makes in 7 on 7 because his height doesn't allow him to scan the field like he does in 7 on 7. Both of Longview's tackles are incoming 6'4+ juniors. One of them is actually approaching 6'7 and you can only imagine trying to see over them at 5'8.

He's actually a pretty decent 7 on 7 QB and runs well.

He reminds me of those athletic Sooners QBs from the 80s. I think he'd be great in the Wishbone, or a sprint-out passing offense. But yeah, he's limited as a pocket passer.

If I was the offensive coordinator, I'd develop some kinda rollout/option package for him. Just to mix things up and mess with defenses.

I read it as travel 7on7 team...still upsets me when kids choose any travel team over their school teammates who are supposed to be their brothers...but thats just me

He was out last week for the Lufkin matches as well. On one hand I would have liked to see him throwing to his teammates all summer in 7 on 7.

He has chosen to work on his game elsewhere and his scholarship offers. On the other hand, I cant say I blame him for looking out for his opportunities.

I cant say I blame him for looking out for his opportunities.

Malik Jackson is going to sign to Houston and is also playing in Houston for a travel team this summer but has been with his teammates for every SQT to date. I am glad he has seen the importance of spending the time with his teammates over the summer.

There's a balance between looking out for number one and being there for your teammates...I can understand a college visit..but if it was a travel 7on7 team..bad look IMO

Agreed. Will never understand or agree with not playing with your 7 on 7 brothers back home.