Dave Campbell's 2017 pre-season 3A Rankings

Wild74

The only way Daingerfield makes it to state is if they drop down to 2A. Hard to believe how 5 years can bring a top notch DF team to an average (at best) football program.

If there enrollment is steadily dropping, I can see them have some average years but they are still Daingerfield and until proven wrong, they should be respected. When you play up in schedule, your record is generally deceiving. The Blue Tigers will roar again. JMO

If there enrollment is steadily dropping, I can see them have some average years but they are still Daingerfield and until proven wrong, they should be respected. When you play up in schedule, your record is generally deceiving. The Blue Tigers will roar again. JMO

That's true, but Daingerfield did not "play up" last season like they traditionally have.

Hughes Springs (3A)

Atlanta (4A)

New Boston (3A)

White Oak (3A)

Boys, football season is in the air, it's almost that time of the year again, late friday night's supporting the kids we love and representing our home town pride, traveling long distances enjoying the scenery every mile of the ride... I love the prep talk we do 2 months before kickoff, hope all teams perform to their expectations and safe season to all players and staff involved

• Like 1

+1
  • Like 1

Yeah, but it's not like they are playing Gilmer and Gladewater like they usually had.

They are losing to Hughes Springs and White Oak.

White oak throttled 95% of East TX teams. We were not in that percentile. The beat us in the closing seconds of a slug fest. If they wouldn't have lost their qb. They would have been quarter finalist easily. Know the facts before you drank the yack....

White oak throttled 95% of East TX teams. We were not in that percentile. The beat us in the closing seconds of a slug fest. If they wouldn't have lost their qb. They would have been quarter finalist easily. Know the facts before you drank the yack....

Traditionally Daingerfield would run any White Oak team off of the field.

Traditionally Daingerfield would run any White Oak team off of the field.

White Oak in the past, yes. White Oak the last 7 years, no. Just goes to show the times have changed. D-Field showed they can be good last year at times, just fell asleep on a Winona team that was hot last season. It happens. They'll be determined to avenge that this year. Ready for the throwdown in DField this year, last year was a dandy of a game!

White Oak in the past, yes. White Oak the last 7 years, no. Just goes to show the times have changed. D-Field showed they can be good last year at times, just fell asleep on a Winona team that was hot last season. It happens. They'll be determined to avenge that this year. Ready for the throwdown in DField this year, last year was a dandy of a game!

our boys and coaches put together a great game plan at the end of the season and executed well, until we ran up against a gunter team who played at a whole another level than I have seen from a 3a team, the better team won that game hands down, this year I hope we pick up where we left off last season, the boys expect to be great this year but so do all other teams so time will tell
  • Like 1

our boys and coaches put together a great game plan at the end of the season and executed well, until we ran up against a gunter team who played at a whole another level than I have seen from a 3a team, the better team won that game hands down, this year I hope we pick up where we left off last season, the boys expect to be great this year but so do all other teams so time will tell

No doubt Winona found its stride going into the playoffs last year

+1

They're coming. Good soph class and talented incoming freshman class coupled with a hard working, dedicated staff. JV, 8th, and 7th were combined 20-3-3. Great off season and weight room program in place. Improving the program culture. Work in progress. Like our chances.

If you don't put the work in during summer, it shows in the fall..