District 8-3A (D-I) football

OLEMAN

Other than WO last year not to many teams shined. They sometimes played well and showed hope. New coaches are now in playing some schools. How will those teams react. Again WO will be the favorite. How is the off season going for the dist teams . What type numbers does the Chrystal ball say will be out on the field for the dist rivals

GW- New HC New OC... going to be tough to get anything right this year but hopefully with 13 returning maybe they can find some stride

HS- I feel like will go back to Slot T type offense and abandon the spread all together do what they do best, should compete for playoffs

Jefferson- My pick to win the district, a lot of talent and a lot of depth at key positions! This should be the year for Bulldogs if they don't do it this year they may not in a while!

NB Lions- New HC, DC, OC and coming off a bad year, possibly new coaches could get it going in right directions! The new coaches were winners in ATL so maybe they can bring that momentum with them. I got NB to make playoffs this year

Redwater- I believe they will be down, not a lot of depth and not returning very many the offensive line will be questionable and QB will be in questions! Defense will play hard just don't think hard enough! RW's best years under Graf is 5-6 so let's not act like they are great!

WO- Pick them to get 2nd in this district with QB coming back if he can stay healthy and really get things going in right direction I think WO-Jefferson game will be for the championship! WO defense was expectional last year and don't get talked about a lot!

My Preseason Picks are:

1. Jefferson (5-0)

2. White-Oak (4-1)

3. New Boston (3-2)

4. Hughes Springs (2-3)

5. Redwater (1-4)

6. GW Sabine (0-5)

Will the Dist. Be any Stronger than in 2016

In my humble opinion I feel some teams will be stronger this year. I think Jefferson will be the team to beat. They have a lot of talent and speed. Seems like they are playing hard for the coach. White Oak will challenge Jefferson for first place. Third through sixth could be anyones guess. I do feel that Hughes Springs will be the most improved this year if they get back to the Slot-T. They have some kids that can have a break out year.

My Preseason Picks to establish a base:

1. Jefferson/White Oak (Just can't call this one with White Oak QB coming back and this game being played in White Oak)
3. Hughes Springs
4. New Boston
5. Redwater
6. GW Sabine

Which schools have had kids in the field house this summer pumping iron. Who ha a Online that hasn't been on the couch playing video games and eating twinkles. Somebody from each school can give an honest answer

I think NB beats HS just on talent level alone

Give me some examples. Who will step up as a soph. Are there any freshman that can step up as well as Estell did on D last year for Hooks The NB O line was huge last year but got beat all season long last year. Are they stronger than last year. I understand the backup QB is pretty good from last year and could run the O but as an overall impact player Sessioms will be tough to replace

• Like 1

New Boston will surprise, not same product on the field as last year! Great ore group of seniors. Talked to a school board member says kids are excited for Lion Football and have been putting in work over summer!! Ready for Football!!!

. Is there a run of talant headed this way. The lay two or 3 have been rough

Sophomore and Freshman classes are very athletic, New Boston is trending up! I believe New Boston will be a surprise to people in east Texas and start to think they are on their way up as well! Going to be a lot of fun around East Texas with all the football coming up! I live in Texarkana but son Graduated from new Boston in 2013 the years they were very talented still keep up with them as long with T-High and LE just want a dominant North East Texarkana area school to rise up and bring a championship home around here soon!

Sophomore and Freshman classes are very athletic, New Boston is trending up! I believe New Boston will be a surprise to people in east Texas and start to think they are on their way up as well! Going to be a lot of fun around East Texas with all the football coming up! I live in Texarkana but son Graduated from new Boston in 2013 the years they were very talented still keep up with them as long with T-High and LE just want a dominant North East Texarkana area school to rise up and bring a championship home around here soon!

I miss the NB and DF deep runs.

Not a homer pick, but I strongly believe White Oak will get it done this year. Last year they were caught at the wrong time in a tough environment in Jefferson and bit the dust. They bring back key players and get some back from injury and should reload with a talented JV that went 9-1.

WO

Jefferson

Hughes Springs

New Boston

Redwater

Sabine

Middle 3 are up in the air for me.

Hard to pick between Jefferson and WO, but I think Jefferson has what it takes to win the district this year. Could go either way but those will be the top 2 teams for sure!

Last year, i firmly believe, if Hood wouldn't have gone down they would have competed much better and won that game. Turned the ball over a lot, but not taking anything away from Jefferson, they got us haha!

Just hoping NB climbs back to where they were from about 3008 to 13. Never made it to the bigshow but we're fun to watch. The fan base expect it. It will be a slow climb but with good coaching it can happen. That will have good young talant wit more to come. I hope this dist becomes as strong as they were a few years back I loved watching two teams from the same dist battling to break out of the region. Fun stuff. I can see WOan Jeffy doing just that this year. This dist has always been good to follow their champ. AEsst Texas pride thing. Lol

Jefferson will be the team to beat. Last season was just the tip of the iceberg for them, lots of talent coming back. The WO/Jeff game will be for the champion but I do believe Jefferson will get it done. It will be a very good game no doubt.