District 8-3A (D-I) football

OLEMAN

Hey! Root for your local team but support the entire dist. We need to get back to a top 3 dist in the state the talant is here got to depend on the parents and coaching to bring these fine kids around. The biggest burden falls on the parents. The first officive line is making sure education is number 1. It will all fall into place after that

Hey! Root for your local team but support the entire dist. We need to get back to a top 3 dist in the state the talant is here got to depend on the parents and coaching to bring these fine kids around. The biggest burden falls on the parents. The first officive line is making sure education is number 1. It will all fall into place after that

I never want to see anyone fail, and I totally agree the talent is her. Just have to get it going! Would love to be one of the strongest districts in the state at some point. Makes for great games and memories.

I never want to see anyone fail, and I totally agree the talent is her. Just have to get it going! Would love to be one of the strongest districts in the state at some point. Makes for great games and memories.

5 or 6 years we had just that. Every game was an adventure. The kids are here. Not sure about the parents The kids in most cases are a reflection on their home life. Scary isn't it. The worst of it is my generation (baby boomers) are fault by giving into their every whim. Now we expect them to be solid parents. Geez

• 3 weeks later...

Just like I said last year these W/O kids have never beaten Jefferson from the time they were in 7th grade these grouo of Jefferson kids have been district champs I wonder what make y'all think they are bout to start beating them now..We have a great coaching staff and AD that have turn some very talented young men into something special young men

Just like I said last year these W/O kids have never beaten Jefferson from the time they were in 7th grade these grouo of Jefferson kids have been district champs I wonder what make y'all think they are bout to start beating them now..We have a great coaching staff and AD that have turn some very talented young men into something special young men

your stats are a hair off there bub, WO has beat Jefferson every years since 2012 besides last year.

your stats are a hair off there bub, WO has beat Jefferson every years since 2012 besides last year.

I think the key words were "these group of kids" referring to the soph/jr class. From what I understood from last season is that this soph/jr class have been district champs since the 7th grade. This is still a very young team overall.

• Like 1

How did all the dist teams look at their first scrimmage. Are there any tonight in Bowie county. This may be the year Jeffy don't leave me scratching my head. I think it's time for a couple more teams have a break out year in dist. I predict RW pulls off a big upset this year

How did all the dist teams look at their first scrimmage. Are there any tonight in Bowie county. This may be the year Jeffy don't leave me scratching my head

Lol, dude you shouldn't have any hair left as many years as Jefferson has left you scratching your head lol.

Lol, dude you shouldn't have any hair left as many years as Jefferson has left you scratching your head lol.

. I would thought they should make at least 5 out of the last 10 years with maybe a couple rings. They always have the best looking kids in the state, huge, fast, need I say more. All the hair I have left is right around the rim

. I would thought they should make at least 5 out of the last 10 years with maybe a couple rings. They always have the best looking kids in the state, huge, fast, need I say more. All the hair I have left is right around the rim

I think the key words were "these group of kids" referring to the soph/jr class. From what I understood from last season is that this soph/jr class have been district champs since the 7th grade. This is still a very young team overall.

THANK YOU BRAHMA5 My stats are right on point

You're right, they do have some of the most athletic kids in the state year in and year out. I think now you're seeing the biggest difference being coaching styles.

Scrimmaged Jefferson this week, them boys are 5A sized, and I'm not exaggerating. They're huge, all across the field. We didn't blitz in the first set of plays and they scored on us twice. We started blitzing in the 2nd part and they couldn't move the ball at all. My advice....blitz the hell out of them every down or they will destroy you lol. They have athletes all over the field. My pick to win the district though WO won't just hand it to them.

1. Jefferson

2. White Oak

3. New Boston

4. Redwater

Then the rest.

• 3 weeks later...

1. Jefferson

2. Hughes Springs

3. White Oak

4. Redwater

Yeah, I still have Jefferson on top as well....but they gotta keep playing to their potential or somebody could steal the crown. If they do play good ball, nobody touches them. They just have too much talent. I had WO in the 2 spot but HS is starting to impress me. I've seen Arp 1st hand and they are a solid squad. That was a solid win. WO could slide in their and beat HS for the 2 spot but I got them at 3 for now. And I agree with you...I think Redwater takes the 4 seed and gets bounced round 1.

Jefferson

White oak

Hughes Springs

Redwater

Sabine

New Boston

Got Jefferson repeating for the district title. Lots of talent and can score in so many ways. I don't see anyone in the district with a defense to stop them. I still see WO giving them a good game especially with it being in the Oak. Wo will come around so they're not to be overlooked by no means. HS has impressed me as well. My only concern is im not sure that they can score with WO or Jeff. It's still early so there's plenty of room for growth for them but just as much growth for Jefferson and WO. And the mere thought that Jefferson still has room to grow is scary!! Redwater and Sabine will battle for fourth and after seeing what Dekalb did to NB I have them in last place....as of now.