Team New Uniforms

cujoforlife

Pretty sure Davidson made it to the College World Series this year in baseball. Less than 2,000 undergraduate students. An offer probably does not mean full ride, but it could be a chance to continue playing the sport he loves and get a college education at the same time.

Good young man, and makes great grades. That'll help.

Heck, the kid has made All-District three years in centerfield. He could do double duty lol.

Thanks for the info.

Pretty sure Davidson made it to the College World Series this year in baseball. Less than 2,000 undergraduate students. An offer probably does not mean full ride, but it could be a chance to continue playing the sport he loves and get a college education at the same time.

Some kid named Steph Curry went there too. Good shooter, but a little small. Not sure what ever happened to him...

You can have all the flashy colors and graphics u want but there is no more of an intemidating uniform than white top to bottom. The only contrasting colors are the numbers and the emblem on the helmet

Black shoes are a plus. High tops on the line

I think the Permian uniforms of the 80s and 90s are my all time favorites.

permian__6143153_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

A close second would be the Gladewater Bears uniforms of the same era. Those tight black pants with the baggy jerseys looked slick.

Followed by the John Tyler "Cujo" jerseys of the mid 1990s.

I think the Permian uniforms of the 80s and 90s are my all time favorites.

permian__6143153_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

A close second would be the Gladewater Bears uniforms of the same era. Those tight black pants with the baggy jerseys looked slick.

Followed by the John Tyler "Cujo" jerseys of the mid 1990s.

Daingerfield's road uniforms did the trick during their 3 peat. Plain Jane but scary

Are you talking about the gray numbers? I can see those being a nightmare for guys calling the game from the press box.

Yep the numbers have to be a contrasting color...The outline does not matter....the number has to be contrasting. Hard to see from the press box and on film. NCAA changed the rule several years ago...the UIL has had a exception on the books, but it goes away this season. JT will not be the only team that won't get to use new uniforms....It will cost them a timeout each qtr if they choose to wear them. If they are out of timeouts...a five yard penalty.

Might be illegal. UIL exception to the NCAA rule expires this year.

Jmo, certainly will be borderline. I see you stated outline will not matter. I don't know how/why the rule is written, but if it's for identifying the number, some outlines are bolder than others. The John Tyler outline is very thin, while the outline on the Evadale numbers appears to be a half inch thick (dark grey w/blue numbers). The blue doesn't contrast well with the dark grey, but the half inch thick white border makes the number standout. Got a feeling this rule will be the subject of controversy several times this year.

Is the rule needed? Imo, yes, for fans, officials, and announcers. But here's a question for someone who knows the rule. If JT wears them through game 3 and nothing is said, could they incur a penalty in game four, w/different (biased?) officials?

Jmo, certainly will be borderline. I see you stated outline will not matter. I don't know how/why the rule is written, but if it's for identifying the number, some outlines are bolder than others. The John Tyler outline is very thin, while the outline on the Evadale numbers appears to be a half inch thick (dark grey w/blue numbers). The blue doesn't contrast well with the dark grey, but the half inch thick white border makes the number standout. Got a feeling this rule will be the subject of controversy several times this year.

Is the rule needed? Imo, yes, for fans, officials, and announcers. But here's a question for someone who knows the rule. If JT wears them through game 3 and nothing is said, could they incur a penalty in game four, w/different (biased?) officials?

The onus is on the officials to enforce the rule. Yes, there is a chance that one crew would enforce the rule while another would not. The different officiating chapters are supposed to get pictures of questionable jerseys and advise the members as to which jerseys are legal and which are illegal. This has been taught to the coaches at the coaching convention a couple of weeks back as well. There is even an email address where coaches can send pictures of their uniforms to inquire whether or not they are legal. The hope is that all officiating crews enforce the rule the same.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not iffy at all on those. That is bone ugly. It looks like you can't make up your mind what you want your colors to be.

They should have made one leg blue and the other leg red as well to match. Not sure I have seen a multi color number before.