Prosper Eagles new football stadium

RedRed

Very nice. I don't ever see any school district in East Tx spending that kind of money on a football stadium.

Aside from Tyler I can't think of any east Texas districts with more than 1 high school. Prosper will have atleast 2 in the near future. Probably more than that to come.

Aside from Tyler I can't think of any east Texas districts with more than 1 high school. Prosper will have atleast 2 in the near future. Probably more than that to come.

I'm not sure that there is a school in the state that has seen the growth that Prosper has. Had 1600-1700 students not long ago. Had 2100 in 2015. Now they have 2500+ in 2017. Not only are they 6A locks for next realignment, they could be 6A D1 eligible depending on who ends up in their district. That's crazy.

I'm not sure that there is a school in the state that has seen the growth that Prosper has. Had 1600-1700 students not long ago. Had 2100 in 2015. Now they have 2500+ in 2017. Not only are they 6A locks for next realignment, they could be 6A D1 eligible depending on who ends up in their district. That's crazy.

Prosper has over 3,000 in the high school

TEA says a little over 2500.

A friend of mine is the police chief for Prosper Isd and he said with the move-ins this summer they are over 3,000.

A friend of mine is the police chief for Prosper Isd and he said with the move-ins this summer they are over 3,000.

I mean either way who cares they have grown a ton lol...

Very nice. I don't ever see any school district in East Tx spending that kind of money on a football stadium.

Southeast Texas is the area that is SUPER FAR BEHIND THE TIMES when it comes to facilities, and I've never understood that. As much rain as the setx area gets you'd think the schools here would be building indoor practice facilities right and left. Football is obviously not near as important in setx/Houston area as in is in the greater DFW area.

Remember guys...Prosper is right there by Plano..Allen...Frisco...McKinney and they have to keep up with the "Jones and the Smiths"....I remember when Frisco just south of them had 1 3A school....and NOW they have 9-10?? high schools??......AT the same time...1996...Prosper had 2A enrollment...so in 20 years they have grown like that.....people are following the North Dallas Tollway northward...and Preston Road.

I will even say this....75 which is I-45 to Houston goes all the way to Denison....I was a kid in the 60's and my mom's family lived in Howe/VanAlystene....and they had a town meeting telling the people that Dallas was moving northward and by 2030....there would be a HUGE MEGAPLEX from Denison to Dallas.....right now is solid buildings to Anna north of McKinney...and very little open space to Sherman,,,and then from Sherman to Denison now exploding.....boys glad I am in BFE in SW Kansas...when Amarillo gets to us.....2 1/2 hrs away....hope I am dust and NOT worrying about that!!! :woot:

Prosper's high school is very nice and their indoor facility is one of the nicest in Texas.

Check out this video. They are going through their indoor facility and have leather couches in the locker rooms...

and yes, this video is one of the least masculine things I've seen... Especially as a hype video to beat - - - - wait for it - - - - Sherman!

Remember guys...Prosper is right there by Plano..Allen...Frisco...McKinney and they have to keep up with the "Jones and the Smiths"....I remember when Frisco just south of them had 1 3A school....and NOW they have 9-10?? high schools??......AT the same time...1996...Prosper had 2A enrollment...so in 20 years they have grown like that.....people are following the North Dallas Tollway northward...and Preston Road.

I will even say this....75 which is I-45 to Houston goes all the way to Denison....I was a kid in the 60's and my mom's family lived in Howe/VanAlystene....and they had a town meeting telling the people that Dallas was moving northward and by 2030....there would be a HUGE MEGAPLEX from Denison to Dallas.....right now is solid buildings to Anna north of McKinney...and very little open space to Sherman,,,and then from Sherman to Denison now exploding.....boys glad I am in BFE in SW Kansas...when Amarillo gets to us.....2 1/2 hrs away....hope I am dust and NOT worrying about that!!! :woot:

I currently live a few miles of 75 between Allen and McKinney. I occasionally drive up 75 to Denison. There is still a lot of wide open spaces. 75 is built out to the Northern Edge of McKinney / Melissa. After that it hasn't changed that much, besides a few small shopping centers right at Van Alstyne and Anna. There are a lot of homes going in just off the highway, but the frontage area hasn't been developed yet. Jerry Jones and his investors are planning a regional Airport in Denison (think Los Angeles with multiple airports). The DNT (Dallas North Tollway) will swing over toward the existing Denison airport, which will be expanded. The next step will be to force the DART rail North from Where it ends in Plano all the way to the Denison Airport. They will force a stop in Allen because they want to ensure access to the Allen Event Center and Eagle Stadium. Both of these venue's fit the over all plan to host the World Cup and the Olympics in Dallas.

Prosper has the worst 5A stadium that I have visited. There could be worse, but I haven't seen one even close. Also their new high school was allegedly built for about 2200 students, however it reminds me a lot more of McKinney Boyd and Allen than it does any of the numerous 5A schools I've been inside (I've been to several dozen or more). Prosper is saying they plan to build 6-7 5A schools, but I'm guessing they end up with 3 6A's similar to Plano. Three schools can share one stadium, if they have 6-7 they will need an additional stadium. Also, mathematically it seems impossible to spend 48 million on that stadium when everyone else is spending 60 + for equal size (12,000). Also it wasn't clear if the Natatorium is included in the 48 million.

I currently live a few miles of 75 between Allen and McKinney. I occasionally drive up 75 to Denison. There is still a lot of wide open spaces. 75 is built out to the Northern Edge of McKinney / Melissa. After that it hasn't changed that much, besides a few small shopping centers right at Van Alstyne and Anna. There are a lot of homes going in just off the highway, but the frontage area hasn't been developed yet. Jerry Jones and his investors are planning a regional Airport in Denison (think Los Angeles with multiple airports). The DNT (Dallas North Tollway) will swing over toward the existing Denison airport, which will be expanded. The next step will be to force the DART rail North from Where it ends in Plano all the way to the Denison Airport. They will force a stop in Allen because they want to ensure access to the Allen Event Center and Eagle Stadium. Both of these venue's fit the over all plan to host the World Cup and the Olympics in Dallas.

Prosper has the worst 5A stadium that I have visited. There could be worse, but I haven't seen one even close. Also their new high school was allegedly built for about 2200 students, however it reminds me a lot more of McKinney Boyd and Allen than it does any of the numerous 5A schools I've been inside (I've been to several dozen or more). Prosper is saying they plan to build 6-7 5A schools, but I'm guessing they end up with 3 6A's similar to Plano. Three schools can share one stadium, if they have 6-7 they will need an additional stadium. Also, mathematically it seems impossible to spend 48 million on that stadium when everyone else is spending 60 + for equal size (12,000). Also it wasn't clear if the Natatorium is included in the 48 million.

I don't understand how a high school that's 590,000 sq ft could be built for 2200 kids. The new Lee and JT will be 450,00 sq ft and have a maximum capacity of 2750 students. At the time Prosper High School was built it was the most expensive high school in Texas. I wonder where the new Lee would rank as for as most expensive schools? Edited by VonG
  • Like 1

Prosper's high school is very nice and their indoor facility is one of the nicest in Texas.

Check out this video. They are going through their indoor facility and have leather couches in the locker rooms...

and yes, this video is one of the least masculine things I've seen... Especially as a hype video to beat - - - - wait for it - - - - Sherman!

Not too sure that's considered a hype video... Just kids having fun, Imo.

I don't understand how a high school that's 590,000 sq ft could be built for 2200 kids. The new Lee and JT will be 450,00 sq ft and have a maximum capacity of 2750 students. At the time it was built it was the most expensive high school in Texas. I wonder where the new Lee would rank as for as most expensive schools?

They are selling uneducated voters/parents on a Frisco model, but the facts don't support what they are selling. Also how are they going to afford to repeat the facilities they put in the current High School???

http://www.prosper-isd.net/FAQ

Not too sure that's considered a hype video... Just kids having fun, Imo.

I said hype because of the verbiage at the beginning of the video. We hung 75 on them and barely passed in the second half, and when we did it was normally for 6. The 2's even scored and we played kids out of position.

I said hype because of the verbiage at the beginning of the video. We hung 75 on them and barely passed in the second half, and when we did it was normally for 6. The 2's even scored and we played kids out of position.

Cool.

You haven't seen Livingston's stadium

• Like 1